Bachmann Flush Front 37's (non-Ltd Editions)

0O00

Hi

I checked the Bachmann website this evening - it states that 32-386 and 32-387 (37514 and 37506) will be available 'Aug/Sep'. Oh dear! I wonder why there is a further delay?

Forgive me for being pessimistic but I don't suppose their earlier release would prevent a sell out of the forthcoming Ltd Edition twin sets? The sound fitted split headcode Banger Blue 37049 looks set to come out before the flush-fronters.

I've got to say that I am a tad disappointed...:(

Does any one know the score?

Alex

• RMweb Gold

That is a surprise. I thought they were on the way from China ans was expecting them in the next few weeks.

There was a couple of number changes in the proposed model but this delay is surprising especially when the tooling has been used before for limited editions. Its not like its a new tooling that failed some late QA process.

We will just have to wait a bit longer. I have the 37501 and 37502 so they will be worth waiting for.

Turning optimistic mode on it could be that they were due Aug/Sep (as in last year) but are stuck on a slow boat from China.

I may pop a quick email to Bachmann to establish the position.

Alex

• RMweb Premium

Turning optimistic mode on it could be that they were due Aug/Sep (as in last year) but are stuck on a slow boat from China.

I may pop a quick email to Bachmann to establish the position.

Alex

Is it possible that It may be that a batch has arrived at barwell which is in the process of being dispatched to retailers and the aug/sept date is for a second batch of the same loco's?

Just a thought, Richard

I emailed Bachmann regarding the release date of these two locos and I had the following response waiting for me when I got home from work:

Thank you for using the Bachmann website Contact Form

The Bachmann website is update regularly with the latest product information.

As soon as a release date has been forecast, the appropriate information is shown along side the relevant item as displayed on the website product pages.

We are unable to provide any further information regarding forthcoming product availability, because that is information that we just do not have.

I guess we'll just have to wait! ;)

Is it possible that It may be that a batch has arrived at barwell which is in the process of being dispatched to retailers and the aug/sept date is for a second batch of the same loco's?

Just a thought, Richard

That would be a great scenario Richard!:D

Alex

Assuming they turn up in August/September as per the Bachmann website (a great shame as I've been looking forward to their imminent arrival and they've now gone up in price at many retailers which is a double blow) then it will be interesting to see what the production date stamped inside the box reads i.e. whether they have indeed already been manufactured but held back in a corner of the Chinese factory for some reason, such as production restrictions agreed as part of the contract with Rail Express as questioned in the OP, or whether the production itself has simply been put back to the summer.

Thinking about the Rail Express thing some more, won't August/September be exactly two years since the first batch of commissioned 37/5s hit our shores? I;m sure that's when they arrived. Perhaps it's just a coincidence.

• 10 months later...

according to rail express mag its 37514 and picture looks very nice also so looks like it will be in shops soon since 37506 was in months before issue n so getting this pair

Many Thanks EE, not bought my RE yet this month. Something to look forward to tomorrow at work.

• RMweb Premium

Just been looking at the model shots of red striper 37506 on Hattons site as I am tempted to pick one up. Thing is, all the pics I can find of it with red stripe show it named and with coloured Kingfisher and all shots of it unamed are without red stripe. Have Bachmann picked a number/livery combination that was very short lived?

EDIT: Found one now!! Does seem rather odd they didn't go for named condition with large numbers though. Indeed why the change from 37518?

• 3 weeks later...

As a prospective purchaser of a new Bachmann 37 - how on earth do you fit teh ploughs AND front couplings - my understanding was that originally the ploughs were 3 piece, meaning just the middle plough was missed off when you added a tension-lock in the NEM pocket. Now it seems the plough is a one piece moulding. If one 'cuts off' the outer ploughs, are there still lugs to fit them to the bogies without the support of the middle plough? A 37 without ploughs is like a wise man without a beard...!

As a prospective purchaser of a new Bachmann 37 - how on earth do you fit teh ploughs AND front couplings - my understanding was that originally the ploughs were 3 piece, meaning just the middle plough was missed off when you added a tension-lock in the NEM pocket. Now it seems the plough is a one piece moulding. If one 'cuts off' the outer ploughs, are there still lugs to fit them to the bogies without the support of the middle plough? A 37 without ploughs is like a wise man without a beard...!

I wouldn't bother? The Bachmann plough is an abomination. Check the history in Google as to whether either of them ever wore ploughs too. When it is correct to fit ploughs we either go brass PJH or Heljan. This means no tension lock. Then again real locos have screw links. Cannot quickly find a photo of the metals loco wearing ploughs?

I wouldn't bother? The Bachmann plough is an abomination. Check the history in Google as to whether either of them ever wore ploughs too. When it is correct to fit ploughs we either go brass PJH or Heljan. This means no tension lock. Then again real locos have screw links. Cannot quickly find a photo of the metals loco wearing ploughs?

can confirm 37518 in 3tg metals did have snow ploughs just looked at the pic on the wall

Archived