Catcott Burtle

Chris Nevard

This has got to be one of the best layouts ive ever seen do you show the layout if so are you doing any down south in 2010.

thanxs

You're too kind :D

I've just updated the Calendar after seeing that it is wrong (thanks Samuel for alerting me to that :blush: )

Here goes.....

# *CANCELLED DUE TO MOVE* Catcott Burtle - Astolat (Guildford) 16 Jan '10.

# Arne Wharf - Railex 29 & 30 May 10.

# *STOP PRESS* Combwich - High Wycombe 6 Nov '10.

# Catcott Burtle - High Wycombe Nov' 11.

*PLEASE NOTE* Catcott Burtle's outing to the Astolat show 16 Jan '10 has been cancelled due to a house move the day before (we exchanged contracts on the new gaff yesterday evening - the completion date being dictated by the half dozen of so other people in the chain). I will see however if I can get an alternative date into the calendar a little later in the year.

gallery_6681_139_49120.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to add this as a blog but it didn't show, so gone back to layouts threads :blink:

With an impending move to a new house, I thought it best to avoid having the removal company having anything to do with the model railways. To get around this I've hired storage at Big Yellow so the layouts can be out of harms way on the move day. I can then pick them up at my leisure after we've settled in (OK, the following day!).

Here's the beast that is Cement Quay in hibernation mode riding in luxury down the corridors of Big Yellow. I could do with one of these trollies when taking a layout to an exhibition!

post-6681-12625767279269_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Here's the beast that is Cement Quay in hibernation mode riding in luxury down the corridors of Big Yellow. I could do with one of these trollies when taking a layout to an exhibition!

And a place the size of Big Yellow to house them at home. Just think what you could do with all that space.

Good luck with the move, Chris.

• RMweb Premium

Chris,

Good luck with moving.

Just completed our move on the 18th December, after 18 months :D :D

Layout has been in storage since last Spring :angry:

Stock, tools and other railway stuff was incarcerated in October :(

Consequently, I am extremely familiar with corridors such as those in your photo :blink: :blink:

• RMweb Gold

With an impending move to a new house, I thought it best to avoid having the removal company having anything to do with the model railways. To get around this I've hired storage at Big Yellow so the layouts can be out of harms way on the move day. I can then pick them up at my leisure after we've settled in (OK, the following day!).

That's probably a smart move Chris (pun intended). Hope you've taken equally care of the stock, can't have those gems damaged!

Good luck with the house move, I just unpacked the final box from our latest move the other day - the move was three years ago biggrin.gif

• RMweb Premium

Good luck with the house move, I just unpacked the final box from our latest move the other day - the move was three years ago biggrin.gif

Phew - still got a year left then. Only a few boxes left in the garage after 2 years!

And nobody has asked if the house move brings a larger railway room / photo studio for Mr Nevard.

• 5 years later...

Archived