Treneglos: The ACE on the North Cornwall Railway

2ManySpams

The down side is that the LNER appear to have taken over in North Cornwall.

On the John Speed Map of Cornwall (1610/1611) the Atlantic is referred to as the North Sea. And doesn't the LNER travel near the North Sea? OK, there's only a 300 year time warp required, but what the heck!

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

What the h*** is that black thing doing in Cornwall/ Loughboro'? The big green new thing can almost be excused but a rebuilt Pat :mail: Are you running an alternative universe set up old bean or is that excess beer taking its' revenge?

Sorry I won't be able to see you this weekend, another time maybe.

Sincerely, P @ 36E (real universe) :scratchhead:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

What the h*** is that black thing doing in Cornwall/ Loughboro'? The big green new thing can almost be excused but a rebuilt Pat :mail: Are you running an alternative universe set up old bean or is that excess beer taking its' revenge?

Sorry I won't be able to see you this weekend, another time maybe.

Sincerely, P @ 36E (real universe) :scratchhead:

I blame old Gringo. Fact.

You look away for a second and look what happens.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Wouldn't fit through the platforms Rob, well not without cutting the steps back and taking a big hammer to th cylinders...

Reminds me of someone turning up at a group meet with a big GCR loco lined cylinders etc probably a professional job. Ran it on the hosts layout, result two lines on the cylinders where the platform edge had removed the paint.

Don

• RMweb Premium

More videos uploaded to the link above. Stupidly I used the YouTube remove shake tool on some. Have discovered that this bends objects on close up shots. Interesting effect! Will have to reload at some point.

• Like 1

Oh dear Matt :no: :rolleyes: you know you only lose the arguments at the club saying things like this :lol:

Colin

I did say "visiting excursion". :)

In theory and speaking rhetorically, it could appear once as if on a circular route journey, similar to how rail tours operate today. :) :)

Edited by GWR-Fanatic

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a short post to wish all our regular followers, folk we've met at shows and even GWR folk like Rob....

A very happy Christmas

and a 

Healthy, good spirited New Year

We hope Santa brings you the bits and bobs you wished for and that the new year brings you the cash, time and inclination to get some great modelling done.

It's been a little quiet on here this year, but we're currently busy building Black Country Blues

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Do you remember the Happy Eater chain of restaurants? I think that they had a sign like a bloke who had just found out that the pies had arrived.

And trust the Great Western to fit their little Pannier tanks with Pie warmers on the Cleobury branch, you couldn't make it up could you? Mind you I think there was a connection with munitions, which might mean that you wouldn't want your hot cinders or fresh pasty to land on some tasty ordnance!

All the best, John.

I thought the pasty was the tasty ordnance :D

Edited by The Evil Bus Driver
  • Like 1