Treneglos: The ACE on the North Cornwall Railway

2ManySpams

• RMweb Gold

Yes!

I was criticised for this at the weekend.

"You're wrong you southern puff" ......

At least I am a plastic puff!!

My parents from Scoucepool born in Cardiff and started growing up in the Southwest.

Oh gawd what have I said!!!

Edited by roundhouse

• RMweb Premium

A few photos from the bits of tarting done as time allows over the last 24hrs...

Locos everywhere. There's method in the placement though, those on the platform need the most TLC, those at the rear are OK. 

post-6675-0-86049100-1405975951_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-65473600-1405975954_thumb.jpg

Some scenic touching up in various locations, including reed trimming.

post-6675-0-13160300-1405976148_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-07582000-1405976153_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-20473700-1405976156_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-27483500-1405976160_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-90700900-1405976163_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-98922800-1405976167_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-13164600-1405976171_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-59737500-1405976174_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Still looks good, how old is the layout now?

Not sure you should be putting India Pale Ale on your wheels though, but if you have a surplus that needs disposing of you know where I am.

Around ten of your Earth years.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Around ten of your Earth years.

I know this one...

10 1/2 years since it's first show. 11 1/2 years since we started building it - a couple of months before my son was born.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

OK, it's quiz time. 

How on earth do you get the body off one of Bachmann's BR Std 4MT tank?

I've run out of screws to undo and the chassis and body are still one!

Yes, that did appear to be an option. I've found two more screws hidden well into the tank undersides. The next bit of the 'Design not very clever' is that there are now parts which appear to be glued to the chassis and the body. Muppets. Obviously designed as an ancient Chinese puzzle. 

• RMweb Premium

Not sure you should be putting India Pale Ale on your wheels though, but if you have a surplus that needs disposing of you know where I am.

I think the solvent and the beer are interchangeable in their uses.

• RMweb Premium

Still looks good, how old is the layout now?

She's a bit of a tart and has had several face lifts, tucks and other procedures over the years. We stopped short of adding 'enhanced front bumpers' though. 

A few photos from the bits of tarting done as time allows over the last 24hrs...

Locos everywhere. There's method in the placement though, those on the platform need the most TLC, those at the rear are OK. 

attachicon.gifIMAG0647.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0648.jpg

Some scenic touching up in various locations, including reed trimming.

attachicon.gifIMAG0649.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0650.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0651.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0652.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0654.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0656.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0657.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0658.jpg

another RED screwdriver

• RMweb Premium

How many Bullied light pacifics do you have now?

I think I counted 6 in your photos.

Ian

About 40 I think. I was aiming to collect the early 60s 72a allocation. Think the planned cull will reduce this to about 20.

I'm hoping to have 15 33 64 66 72 75 78 and 110 serviceable for Barnytubby show.

another RED screwdriver

Put there just for you!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

About 40 I think. I was aiming to collect the early 60s 72a allocation. Think the planned cull will reduce this to about 20.

I'm hoping to have 15 33 64 66 72 75 78 and 110 serviceable for Barnytubby show.

I am a few behind you, currently at 36.

However cull doesn't sound good. Any particular reason?

Edited by roundhouse

• RMweb Premium

I am a few behind you, currently at 36.

However cull doesn't sound good. Any particular reason?

We'll I don't actually need 40 of the same class and none of my future 4mm plans call for that many. Also the sale cash will come in handy for funding the 7mm stock collection.

• RMweb Premium

A Spam Can would look great on Pencarrow ;-)

Rule one can apply. It does on Kelly Bray; there are a couple of improbable diseasals that make appearances.

Rule 1 will apply on Pencarrow but I think a Beattie Well Tank, O2 and Ivatt tank will come before a 7mm spam. The head shunt is long enough though...

• Like 1

Rule 1 will apply on Pencarrow but I think a Beattie Well Tank, O2 and Ivatt tank will come before a 7mm spam. The head shunt is long enough though...

Your loco building plans are good, the only one I have not built is the Ivatt tank, but that's on the agenda for after Christmas.

Have you a BWT or O2 for TG?

• RMweb Premium

We actually have 5 BWTs - John has two and I've 30585-7. I've not got any O2s but I think John has one. A Kernow O2 is on the cards for future 4mm layout plans though.

Out of interest, which kit are you using for your 7mm Ivatt build?

We actually have 5 BWTs - John has two and I've 30585-7. I've not got any O2s but I think John has one. A Kernow O2 is on the cards for future 4mm layout plans though.

Out of interest, which kit are you using for your 7mm Ivatt build?

It is the ACME one, not sure of it's heritage, probably a Harris design. But it looks ok, it's an old one without all the cast valvegear. I have been debating whether to get a set of castings from John. It is an all nickel silver set of etches, only down side is someone pressed the rivets poorly. I have repaired one tank side and all looks much better now.

I will need an O2 myself, I sold the first one I built. It was from Meteor. With additions it made a nice model. It is either is or the Gibson one, Roxeys unfortunately has a fault with the cab.

Edited by N15class

• RMweb Premium

'Chod' eh? Didn't see that at Plimuff. That must have been shedded at Bricklayers Legs or Weighmoth.

I'm still hoping to 'relieve' Spams of his spare Spams, as the LSWR main line needs lots more than I have collected so far. :mail:

Looking froward to seeing the pics from Bornstipple.

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

'Chod' eh? Didn't see that at Plimuff. That must have been shedded at Bricklayers Legs or Weighmoth.

I'm still hoping to 'relieve' Spams of his spare Spams, as the LSWR main line needs lots more than I have collected so far. :mail:

Looking froward to seeing the pics from Bornstipple.

P

34033 Chard was at Exmufff Jct 1951-64. Surprised you didn't see it down there. Appears lots in photos and was one of the first we renamed.

Glad you're still interested in having a few spams, I'll give them a test run tonight while the layout is up.