Caledonian Area Group...

Bob Reid

Just checking this is working (As I can no lpnger see Northern Maidens avatar)

what piccie? are you talking about?

I really want this to work. I think I preferred the previosus format but I am prepared for this to work...........is it Halowwe'en soon?

grins

well, maybe you can convince me

Stockie

• RMweb Gold

Hi

Count me in also. I live in Fife and have a small DCC depot layout called Glasburgh. Based (very loosely!) on haymarket type of depot circa 1980. Main interest of which is DCC sound (4 so far!) and night running (lights etc)

post-7330-12563763067184_thumb.jpg

I didn't join in the last incarnation as I thought it was location rather than interest, partly to faciliate folk meeting up. Although I later realised differently through peeking in, I never signed up, but count me in this time.

My interest is LMS with a particular nod to the Sou' West.

Guest Max Stafford

You'll find yourself among friends here, Tren. Many of us have a soft spot for the Sou'West. Even myself whose current interests straddle the banks of the upper Forth!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

me here, eventually! been busy with real life (yeuch!) and was waiting for the various glitches to settle.

i'm a skint langtounian with no layout or stock, but an interest in all things BR, esp. mid/late 70s- mid 80s.

i'm mainly interested in locos/rolling stock, but learning all the time thanks to the wonders of the interweb.

hopefully will find continued use as a supplier of helpful info, gleaned from my books or the many websites i've encountered!

cheers!

I??™m back as weel; just about to rip up the 8x4 tail-chaser in the loft and replace it with a longer, narrower L shape with something prototypical at one end.

Culter is a strong possibility but I??™m still looking at the options ??“ a lot of them ??“ nae a terminus though as the eventual plan is to extend it.

I??™m back as weel; just about to rip up the 8x4 tail-chaser in the loft and replace it with a longer, narrower L shape with something prototypical at one end.

Culter is a strong possibility but I??™m still looking at the options ??“ a lot of them ??“ nae a terminus though as the eventual plan is to extend it.

Culter had the industrial link which you could pull into play. Spooky, just saw part of a slideshow on the Deeside Branch on Saturday. Contact GNSRA if you need drawings.

Culter had the industrial link which you could pull into play. Spooky, just saw part of a slideshow on the Deeside Branch on Saturday. Contact GNSRA if you need drawings.

And don't forget to pronounce that Coo-ter - But then again you'll know that Stuart :) Thank goodness there was no station at Fing-in ;)

If it's picturesque stations your interested in, it might be worth giving Banchory a second look - at least you could recreate something the Deeside Railway unfortunately won't be able to do in 12" to the foot...

Bob

Exactly so; I've got next to no memories of original steam despite going to Kittybrewster Primary in the late 50s, but I do remember watching the Culter Mills puggy gliding past my uncle's front gate and what must have been the last B1 going past ours.

Archived