dean forest railway

pacer lover

hey Dave

i will try if I remember , not sure what are  br or gwr wagons but will look in to It. I think the mink G is next in line to be done up 

regards

rob

Hi Rob

Can I ask you to check out if there is a GWR Tool Van / Breakdown Van with the number 262 on the DFR please.

Dave

Hi Rob

Can I ask you to check out if there is a GWR Tool Van / Breakdown Van with the number 262 on the DFR please.

Dave

Hi Rob

I've been looking at Allen Jenks photos on his Smugmug page. He has three pages of photo, below I've added a link to one of his photos but I'm interested in the vehicle next to it as it looks like a GWR Mink Van or a Fruit Van. would it be possible for you or someone else to confirm it please, a photo would also be nice.

Dave

https://allanjenks.smugmug.com/Other/Dean-Forest-Railway-Stocklist/i-6Zx7Mvj

hi Dave sorry for not getting back to you   my camrea is broke at the mo so  havnt be able to get photos

if the Fruit D number 3411  you are after it have now been done up (photo from dfr facebook page )

attachicon.gif11753271_930138383694984_6869922327274252255_n.jpg

rob :)

Hi Rob

Thanks for the photo, it's not the one I was hoping for but does confirm that the Fruit D 3411 is on the DFR.

Could you have a look at my post number #101 at the top of this page please and #98.

Dave

GL15 4ET always works for me.[/quote. Got there today using same code in satnav but used map just in case seems satnav had hissy fit!!!!! superb steam effects in the rain ran a bit late as they had to take a coal pick to the padlock at the level crossing gates good day out tho!

• 2 weeks later...

Breakdown Van 262 is incorrectly numbered in the GWR wagons E-list, I will amend this to number 161. Having checked the wagons Lot register it lists it as L903 built in 2/12/23 (this was when Lot 903 was completed) It was first allocated to Oswestry with 162 it's BDVT, T being tender.

It was at the SVR prior to going to the DFR.

Details as follows

Length 31 feet Width 8 feet, Height 7 feet 2 inch, WB 19 feet, Tare 12-16-1.

Thank you for confirming that this van is on the DFR.

BDVT 162 I believe to be on the SVR I have added photos of this or possibly 118 in the GWR Wagons group on Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/114678104@N04/23278625464/in/dateposted-public/

Dave

• 4 months later...

Hi all

this year on the 1st 2nd,3rd and 8th, 9th, 10th July the  Dean Forest Railway  are hosting a Flour Mill Gala. The Flour Mill, are celebrating 20 years in business of restoring of locos . Visting loco are

​LSWR 4-4-0 T9 Class No. 120

LSWR 2-4-0T No. 298 (30587) (Beattie Well Tank).

Metropolitan Railway E Class 0-4-4T No. 1,

as well home loco GWR 2-6-2T 5541

regards

rob :)

Archived