dean forest railway

pacer lover

hi all

just a post a update  about the dfr

the railway is runing a spilt service at the mo ,  with  a dum to nochard to parkend  and stream form nochard to lydney junction see web site for details http://www.deanforestrailway.co.uk/page.php?xPage=news.html#news

other news

5541 is now back at the railway  in the workshop  , wilbert is off on his travels again 

the  08 charlie have now swap with class mate gladys  as the railway shunter

post-1639-0-09255400-1362484606_thumb.jpg

also some sadly news the railway have had a number of p ways  tools nicked from it   if any hear of any thing let the railway know thanks

there lots to  look forward over the year  with diesel galas , stream gala, thomas plus more

to nick sorry i had forgot about the photos   will try and get soon for u 

regards

rob :)

• 3 months later...

hi all

just quick up date.

last Saturday was the first 'Bygone Branch line day ' but sadly 1450 was not well so  9681  stood in for her. she look good with two auto coach behind her even tho she not auto fitted . here a u tube video of the day

• 1 month later...

Hi all

just I post to keep your up to date with what happening at the DFR

this weekend is a Mix  traffic gala with a lots of the home fleet working

post-1639-0-86277700-1374175997.png

also next weekend on the Saturday 27th July is DMU day. the DFR DMU group have been working hard over the last few years and now  have a 3 n a 2 car class 108 DMU . 

post-1639-0-05112500-1374176472_thumb.png

regards

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hi all

a quick up date to what happening at the dean forest railway .

It a new year and lots of things plan

here is on line view of this leaflet

http://issuu.com/deanforestrailway/docs/dfr_-_timetable_and_events_2014/5?e=10142670/6175668

the first big event  a DMU from first great western visting :-

Multiple Unit Festival

Taking place on 22nd March, the Dean Forest Railway's Multiple Unit Festival will see the railway's pair of Diesel Multiple Units, as well as other locomotives, joined by a visiting First Great Western 'Sprinter' Class 150 Unit.

The 'Sprinter' will first be travelling from Gloucester to Parkend non-stop, departing Gloucester at approximately 10:00. It will then remain at the Dean Forest Railway for the rest of the day before returning to Gloucester at approximately 16:25.

Sprinter%20Class%20150%20Unit.jpgThe 'Sprinter' Class 150 Unit

A limited number of "Gloucester - Parkend" tickets are available (the first time such a ticket could be purchased since 1929) see the railway website for more info

• 1 month later...

hey all just quick reminder that on Saturday  a First Great Western class 150 is visting the DFR  for the Dean Forest Railway's Multiple Unit Festival with the railway only dum out and about .

the time table is on the railway web site if any one want to see

http://dfr.vticket.co.uk/product.php?xProd=469&jssCart=ba1ead7da854ba839aa5d5a4c3631dd2

• RMweb Gold

hey all just quick reminder that on Saturday  a First Great Western class 150 is visting the DFR  for the Dean Forest Railway's Multiple Unit Festival with the railway only dum out and about .

the time table is on the railway web site if any one want to see

http://dfr.vticket.co.uk/product.php?xProd=469&jssCart=ba1ead7da854ba839aa5d5a4c3631dd2

Tickets are pinned to the notice board in the kitchen. Quite looking forward to a non-stop Gloucester to Parkend run.

hi all

Wilbert is still at the DFR and will be pulling the trains  until 5541 is ready  next month

here a u tube video of her

96701 (phill) hope u have a good day  sadly I can be there for it due to work :(  take lots of photos

wish I could be there to see the people faces as mainline unit goes cross the crossings lol

hi all

a quick up date to what happening at the dean forest railway .

It a new year and lots of things plan

here is on line view of this leaflet

http://issuu.com/deanforestrailway/docs/dfr_-_timetable_and_events_2014/5?e=10142670/6175668

the first big event  a DMU from first great western visting :-

Multiple Unit Festival

Taking place on 22nd March, the Dean Forest Railway's Multiple Unit Festival will see the railway's pair of Diesel Multiple Units, as well as other locomotives, joined by a visiting First Great Western 'Sprinter' Class 150 Unit.

The 'Sprinter' will first be travelling from Gloucester to Parkend non-stop, departing Gloucester at approximately 10:00. It will then remain at the Dean Forest Railway for the rest of the day before returning to Gloucester at approximately 16:25.

Sprinter%20Class%20150%20Unit.jpgThe 'Sprinter' Class 150 Unit

A limited number of "Gloucester - Parkend" tickets are available (the first time such a ticket could be purchased since 1929) see the railway website for more info

that photo looks like Liskeard?

anyway good luck with the through train

• RMweb Gold

Here's a snap from yesterday. Class 150 at Parkend.

post-7024-0-18818500-1395583378_thumb.jpg

Excellent day out, a good excuse for sitting around on trains and to be reminded of just how soft the seats are on heritage dmus!

I hope it was successful for the railway, the 150 was full from Gloucester to Parkend, so if they got their pricing right..........

• 3 weeks later...

hi all

just to let u all know  there a lot going on at the dfr over easter, on Friday  the two class 14 will be out then on the weekend is 5541 re-launch back in service. she looking good after coming out of the shed

post-1639-0-95319100-1397493681_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

hi all

sorry that I havnt posted in some time  ,  lots have been happen at the DFR , 5541 is now back in service, some of the diesels have been away to other railways and  come back  , the new café is coming along  and hopefully be open soon . here a photo from a 5541 re-launch weekend  . DFR at it best:)

post-1639-0-59833100-1401628448_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hey all

went up the railway today to help out but mostly ended take photo of the stock and the rail grinder

here a few pics

attachicon.gifPhoto0089.jpg

here the grinder at work ( maybe oneday someone do a model of on tho these )

after went down lydney ,here a photo of the yard as the fog rolling from the river seven

attachicon.gifPhoto0093.jpg

as u can see the railway has a lot of stock on it that it cant alway run just layouts wink.gif

i have more photo of the stock is anyone would like to look just ask

regard

rob smile.gif

Hi Rob

Would it be possible to have a photo copy of all of the GWR wagons at some time please.

I'm updating the GWR Preserved wagons stock lists for the GWR E-List website.

A list of types and running numbers would be a great start.

According to the Vintage Carriage Trust / Wagons there is a Mink G on the railway, if there is a photo of it would be very useful as I shall be scratch building one of these in G1 in the near future.

Rather than listing a reply in this post you could PM me.

Best Regards

Dave

Archived