Dean Sidings

Fenway Park

How long does Dean Sidngs take to reply to letters on average?

From personal experience, weeks rather than days, as he's always very busy. Some new releases were due in June (including the N7) and I don't know if any have materialised yet but I thought I'd wait a bit longer before contacting him again.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Bumped into Dave in the pub tonight.

There will be 4 new products for Warley in 4mm/00,3mm,N and 009.w

The 4mm will be the N7 while the 3mm will be the 4f for the 3mm Society.

The E4 should be available in N while the 009 is a surprise.

Hi

Bumped into Dave in the pub tonight.

There will be 4 new products for Warley in 4mm/00,3mm,N and 009.w

The 4mm will be the N7 while the 3mm will be the 4f for the 3mm Society.

The E4 should be available in N while the 009 is a surprise.

If anyone visiting Warley could drop by his stand and find out how much he’s charging for the above new items (including postage), especially the N7, that would be great. Dave is not an easy person to reach and it involves writing with an SAE, waiting for a reply and then going back with an order. I’d rather save my pennies on postage and spend it on models please!

• 1 month later...

If anyone visiting Warley could drop by his stand and find out how much he’s charging for the above new items (including postage), especially the N7, that would be great. Dave is not an easy person to reach and it involves writing with an SAE, waiting for a reply and then going back with an order. I’d rather save my pennies on postage and spend it on models please!

Did anyone manage to pick up a latest price list and details of current stock from Dave at Warley? Would be interested to know what's now available in 4mm.............

• 2 weeks later...

could anyone tell me the distances between wheels on the Hornby generic 0-6-0 chassis?

31mm+33mm,or 7'9"+8'3" in 4mm scale.

These dimensions are the same for all versions,from the original Tri-ang through to the current Sanda Kan production,although every other aspect of its design has changed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On this thread, http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/59004-stanier-high-sided-flush-tenders-on-the-4f-and-8f/ there has been discussion of the ten "Stanier" flush sided tenders that were attached to some early Jubilees, but in later life found themselves paired with 4F's, 8F's and Patriots.

Dean Sidings has a model of this tender under development and I promised readers of the thread that I would obtain some pictures and further details at the Stafford exhibition, I've posted the information here to aid future reference.

With Dave's permission, here are some shots of the pre-production model. The tender will be supplied with the correct Fowler style underframe which will include provision to insert an interchangeable connector, depending on the type and manufacturer of the loco. When I first spoke with him at Peterbrough last October, he was trying to obtain a Hornby 4F to produce the relevant connector. This has now been done he hopes to have something available for Warley. He also said the instructions will contain details of the locos known to have been coupled with these tenders.

DS Stanier Tender 1

DS Stanier Tender 2

I also have a copy of the 2013 price list.

Andy

• RMweb Gold

On this thread, http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/59004-stanier-high-sided-flush-tenders-on-the-4f-and-8f/ there has been discussion of the ten "Stanier" flush sided tenders that were attached to some early Jubilees, but in later life found themselves paired with 4F's, 8F's and Patriots.

Dean Sidings has a model of this tender under development and I promised readers of the thread that I would obtain some pictures and further details at the Stafford exhibition, I've posted the information here to aid future reference.

With Dave's permission, here are some shots of the pre-production model. The tender will be supplied with the correct Fowler style underframe which will include provision to insert an interchangeable connector, depending on the type and manufacturer of the loco. When I first spoke with him at Peterbrough last October, he was trying to obtain a Hornby 4F to produce the relevant connector. This has now been done he hopes to have something available for Warley. He also said the instructions will contain details of the locos known to have been coupled with these tenders.

I also have a copy of the 2013 price list.

Andy

Andy,

Are you saying that you have a copy of the 2013 price list so that we know it is available or are you prepared to email it out to people?

If not could you let us have his new address please?

Thanks

also the address listed in his advert on P.56a of the latest Railway Modeller.Andy,

Are you saying that you have a copy of the 2013 price list so that we know it is available or are you prepared to email it out to people?

If not could you let us have his new address please?

Thanks

Chris,

The address listed on the 2013 price list (also the address listed on his advert in the latest Railway Modeller):

Dean Sidings

No. 1 The Langetts

Bream Road

St. Briavels

Gloucestershire

GL15 6TL

When I'm in a position to, I'll scan a copy of the list providing it doesn't mean I fall foul of forum rules or copyright.

If in the meantime anyone wants details of anything specific that may or may not be on the price list, I'm happy to oblige.

Dave asked me to say that if anyone has any queries, please feel free to drop him a line.

Andy

• RMweb Gold

Chris,

The address listed on the 2013 price list (also the address listed on his advert in the latest Railway Modeller):

Dean Sidings

No. 1 The Langetts

Bream Road

St. Briavels

Gloucestershire

GL15 6TL

When I'm in a position to, I'll scan a copy of the list providing it doesn't mean I fall foul of forum rules or copyright.

If in the meantime anyone wants details of anything specific that may or may not be on the price list, I'm happy to oblige.

Dave asked me to say that if anyone has any queries, please feel free to drop him a line.

Andy

Andy,

Thank you.  I do not have this month's Railway Modeller so this is very helpful.  If you can scan it that would be great but if not, not to worry.  I am in the throes of moving in a couple of weeks time so I will write to him then, just to make sure that it is not lost in the move.

Chris

• 2 months later...

Hi

Just met Dave in our local pub. Two new projects under way one of which should please LNER tank loco fans and the other Pre Grouping and GWR enthusiasts. Sorry no further info as have been sworn to secrecy.

First batch of Adams Radials have sold out, is there enough demand for a second run?

Trying to get Dave on the web but he says he is too busy.

Thanks

Malcolm

Yes I had the last Radial, Sorry for anyone who wanted one, I also attempted to tempt him on to the web in March, even if it was just a free website... its such a shame he hasn't got any web presence, could keep people updated on developments and changes to kits, as someone whos been following my Radial build has been finding out.

He did have an email at one time but... he couldn't work it so he said.. but at least hes put a phone number on the Price list now... which is getting there... but hes a one man band... its a shame he doesn't put a small website together, or ask someone to help him build one ect... Then again he would be a lot busier!

I wonder if hes doing the gc 0-8-0 in its tender and tank versions? Would make use of the Bachmann 2-8-0 chassis for both. You could even do the 0-8-4 wath shunters, they all use the same coupled wheelbase.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the N gauge GWR Metro tank kit is available? I know at one time there was a plan to supply it with a ready-modified Dapol 14xx chassis.

I would quite like to give one a go if it is available. If no one knows them I am happy to drop him a letter.

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone know if the N gauge GWR Metro tank kit is available? I know at one time there was a plan to supply it with a ready-modified Dapol 14xx chassis.

I would quite like to give one a go if it is available. If no one knows them I am happy to drop him a letter.

Hi,

I have just received the 2013b list and it does not have the Metro in N, neither is it on the future releases.  He does have in in 4mm and also a 517 on a Dapol 14xx chassis, both of which I am sure will be as usful to you as a choclate tea pot.

Archived