Dean Sidings

Fenway Park

• RMweb Premium

Has there been any developments on the Dean Sidings front?

The news I got from Warley was that here had been more than one expression of interest in taking over the business and that things were looking optimistic, but if anything's happened since I, for one, haven't heard about it.

Does anyone know what happened to this range of kits? I was very interested in the DS450A. GWR 157 Class 2-2-2 kit, a truly classic locomotive of the period

Cheers

Bob C

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Little piece in the current Railway Modeller that the Dean Sidings range will be re-introduced under the Pheonix Precision Paints banner. 

Some of the range were on display at the Phoenix Precision stand at the Stafford show to-day.

• 2 months later...

Again, on display at York today.  GW locos were indeed a County tank, a Metro and a large Swindonised Welsh 0-6-2T.  I gather the new Precision Paints website should be up in about 10 days, so I think information on the Dean Sidings kits should start to become available.

Could they be persuaded to make a 39xx? I would also like a County tank

David

Not all the locos on display will be available immediately, and I can't remember which will and which won't!  Though I don't think the Metro will be immediately available, I have to say, it looked really good.  Nor is there any plan at present to produce the 517; this was talked about at every show by the former owner of the range year in year out, and evidently did not get anywhere.

Having said that, the nice men on the Precision stand indicated that they were open to suggestions for additions to the range.

I expect the new website, due soon, will have more information.

I wonder if it is worth asking them if they would consider a Bulldog body for Bachmann's Earl?  Wish I'd thought of it when I was there.

Could they be persuaded to make a 39xx? I would also like a County tank

David

Jackson Evans used to supply an etched brass kit with white metal castings. They were nice kits .

Anyone know what happened to the ownership of the artwork ? (I had two and stupidly got persuaded to part with them)

Jackson Evans used to supply an etched brass kit with white metal castings. They were nice kits .

Anyone know what happened to the ownership of the artwork ? (I had two and stupidly got persuaded to part with them)

I tried the shop in Leamington who took some of the Jackson Evans range. They didn't have the 39xx. Didn't ask about artwork but I think they'd just taken the stock, a few years ago now

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a longs shot. Don't suppose anyone has any of the 'real' Deans Sidings Restaurant Car Underframe parts (4mm) that they don't actually want?

I need some..........................desperately................... :scratchhead:

Thanks,

Phil

Archived