Passing trains

Peter Kazmierczak

China 1988 - At Longchuan on the single track main line to Jilin it's 0806hrs on 9 April 1988. SL620 with a slow Changchun to Jilin passenger train has been looped to allow the progress of SL664 on the morning fast passenger from Jilin.

post-4406-0-04618200-1472349120_thumb.jpg

Edited by bingley hall
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

A useful source might be whatever exists of the original drawings but unfortunately as far as I can delve the Swindon 'general'  (including water supply) drawings are no longer indexed online - or if they are the website of the Wiltshire Library service is even harder to navigate than I have so far found it.

I'll let you have that Richard.

Is it at the RTC, as it looks like Etches Park CWM on the right?

Thanks Peter. Yes it is at the RTC. The A4 was there for weight adjustments before its loaded test run. The infernal combustion thing was also there for acceptance AFAIK and just happened to be parked in the right place.

• 2 weeks later...

Passing trains, neither of which is a voyager!  In fact, neither are passenger trains.  On the left is the Tesco freightliner.  On the right, making an unscheduled stop in Eckington Loop, is 70805 with a spoil train following an engineering possession further down the line.

post-27523-0-29813500-1473708425_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

Back to Voyagers; they are seen quite frequently on this stretch of line.

post-27523-0-05030800-1482244360_thumb.jpg

I was about to change to a wider lens as they approached; the speed they were travelling at, I don't know if I could have gotten a better photograph with the wider lens.

Funnily enough, the next two trains passed at the same spot.  The one on the track nearest me was a fully loaded container train; the more distant one was a tamper, so I missed out on a photograph of that.

• Like 4

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi all,

A slight variation on this theme, 'crossing' trains! (well almost). The ELL yet again, at Silwood Junction. The upper unit is heading north towards Surrey Quays on the Up Line. The lower unit is heading towards Clapham Junction on the Phase 2 extension via the Old Kent Road Junction.

Regards, Ian.

post-32776-0-95827100-1508853352_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...