Moorgate - The Widened Lines

Fay Singpoint

Hi Emma, is it wise to use anything softer than wood under the track, on Crosscombe magna, we've had issues with track alignment on the board joins, and so decided to fix the sleepers to the baseboards themselves for a much sturdier join.

You would probably get away with it with f/s, but with S7, there's the worry that the flanges won't be able to cope with movement between the rails. Might it be an idea to put the foam inside the box structure of the baseboards instead?

JB.

Hi Emma,

Is this the type of retaining wall you are planning to add to the rear of your fantastic track formation?

Regards,

Brian.

Hi Brian,

I think that this type of retaining wall may form part of the backscene but from most of the photographs I have seen of Moorgate station area (see post #33 in this topic) buildings will make up most of the back drop.

Emma 

Hi Emma, is it wise to use anything softer than wood under the track, on Crosscombe magna, we've had issues with track alignment on the board joins, and so decided to fix the sleepers to the baseboards themselves for a much sturdier join.

You would probably get away with it with f/s, but with S7, there's the worry that the flanges won't be able to cope with movement between the rails. Might it be an idea to put the foam inside the box structure of the baseboards instead?

JB.

Hi JB,

The first couple of baseboards are one big experiment so what I will probably end up doing is substituting the last inch of foam at the baseboard joint with ply as well as swapping a couple of wooden sleepers with PCB and soldered brass chairs. Hopefully this will alleviate any potential alignment problems.

Emma

• 1 year later...

Archived