Falkirk MRC Exhibition

Craig Watson

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

Falkirk MRC's 28th Annual exhibition will be held in it's usual venue, Forth Valley College, Grangemouth Road, Falkirk FK2 9AD on Saturday and Sunday 28th & 29th November, 10:00 to 17:00 both days.

Once again I'll be on the stage with my big G scale layout, if you're coming to the show pop by and say hello!

More details can be found below (copied from here)

Trophies

This year we have two new trophies to add to our four existing trophies. The first of the new trophies is the David Lind Trophy for the best "N" gauge layout. The second is the Exhibitors' Prize for the best layout which will be chosen by layout operators.

Layouts

Strathshooglie Kilmarnock

Fraserhead Cumbernauld M.R. G.

Carr Street Charlie Weir(Cecil Bradley)

Eastern iron and steel Des Norman

Oakeood furnaces Richard Chown

Museum of transport Robin Brogden

Elliot Bridge Stirling & Clackmannan

Garsdale Evan Williams

Canadian railways Craig Watson

Glen Stewart Bonnybridge M.R.C.

Barental Ray/Margaret Williams

Paramount James Small

Gala Water East Kilbride

Claughton Works Kinloss M.R.C.

Breitefurt Private

Boghall mining & Quarry Edinburgh & Lothians

Whyte Hills Pass Perth M.R.C.

Cairn Dhu Mr.Les White

Cascade industry yard Mr.Dave Thomson

Fleckenkirk Falkirk MRC

Carron Vale Falkirk MRC

Thomas the Tank Falkirk MRC

Traders

Douglas Blades

Border Counties Rail. Coy.,

Douglas Blades

Doon Valley Models.

Fine Frames

Finishing Touches

Leadhills & Wanlockhead

McLaren's Models

Model Depot

Moray's Models

M & B Models

Nairnshire Model Supplies

Robbies Rolling Stock

Scottish Garden Railways

Scottish Rail fans

Squires

John Thomson

Charles Turner

Trains on Time

Turntable

Videoscene

Keith's Model Railways

There is a cafe where snacks or full meals can he bought most of the time.

Entry to the exhibition is:-

Adults ??4

Seniors ( Over 65 ) ??3

Children ( 4 to 15 ) ??2

Family ( 2 adults + children ) ??10

Cheers

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this Craig.

Having survived Warley - I quite fancy another exhibition - but closer to home.

I may pop in on the Sunday afternoon at some point and will take you up on your offer and come and say hello.

Look for a big ugly fat bloke - you can't miss me.

Stuart

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for posting this Craig.

Having survived Warley - I quite fancy another exhibition - but closer to home.

I may pop in on the Sunday afternoon at some point and will take you up on your offer and come and say hello.

Look for a big ugly fat bloke - you can't miss me.

Stuart

No problem!

Now that Warley is over it's full steam ahead for the show :D

Cheers

Craig

Hi Craig

Might also pop in on Saturday. I'm in Glasgow and unfortunately the M80 is dug up at the moment, so was thinking of getting train to Grahamston and going for a wee walk. Assuming the deluge stays off that is. I know roughly where I'm going , but how long would you say it would take to walk from Grahamston?

• RMweb Premium

Hi Craig

Might also pop in on Saturday. I'm in Glasgow and unfortunately the M80 is dug up at the moment, so was thinking of getting train to Grahamston and going for a wee walk. Assuming the deluge stays off that is. I know roughly where I'm going , but how long would you say it would take to walk from Grahamston?

around 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the route.

I'll try and get a map sorted with the options over the next few days.

Cheers

Craig

Hi Craig

Might also pop in on Saturday. I'm in Glasgow and unfortunately the M80 is dug up at the moment...

Urgh, I forgot about that :(

Yep, should be showing my ugly mug at some point too.

Thanks for the opening post again Craig, I'd be forever missing the Scottish shows otherwise :lol:

• RMweb Premium

The area can be found on bing maps, the college is in Grangemouth Road.

http://www.bing.com/maps/#JmNwPTU2LjAwMzY0MTc4NDE5MTE0fi0zLjc3NjA3Mzg2NTU5MjQ3OTcmbHZsPTE1JnN0eT1yJnJ0cD1wb3MuNTYuMDAzMTA2MDEyOTQwNDFfLTMuNzg1MzExNzI4NzE1ODk2Nl9GYWxraXJrJTIwR3JhaGFtc3RvbiUyQyUyMFVuaXRlZCUyMEtpbmdkb21fX19lX35wb3MuNTYuMDA0NDAwODQ5MzQyMzQ2Xy0zLjc2NjgzNjAwMjQ2OTA2M19HcmFuZ2Vtb3V0aCUyMFJvYWQlMkMlMjBGYWxraXJrJTJDJTIwRksyJTIwOUFEX0ZhbGtpcmslMjBDb2xsZWdlJTIwb2YlMjBGdXJ0aGVyJTIwJTI2JTIwSGlnaGVyJTIwRWR1Y2F0aW9uXzAxMzI0JTIwNDAzJTIwMDAwX2VfWU4xMDMyeDE5OTIxMTkxNiZ3az0xJnJ0b3A9fjB+MH4x

I've copied the above and marked the two routes, both are probably the same distance, the bing route via the retail park follows the road but my pic follows the pedestrian entrance along the front of Tesco then through the retail park, bing works it out at 0.9 miles/18mins.

post-291-12590144393527_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps.

Craig

Shaping up to be a fantastic show. I will be there with Carronvale T&RSMD, Falkirk MRC's work in progress OO DCC layout. Also new from Falkirk MRC this year is Fleckenkirk, a large n gauge continental, this magnificent layout features five operating tracks that weave through the spectacular mountains, crossing huge gorges and tunnelling underneath hills to descend on the town of Fleckenkirk itself. Trains then rise again and disappear to their distant destinations, there will be a large variety of stock operating from both Germany and France.

Thanks Craig, very useful. Never thought to look up Google Maps myself.....duh! Going to try and get there by train - not been on the Springburn- Cumbernauld- Falkirk line for a while, so that will be interesting. And it looks like a good exhibition. So as long as the rains not horizontal , like it is today, it'll be a nice day out.

Thanks again :)

There will also be a 37175 sales stand attending from Bo'ness and there will be several special offers purely for this event. On the stand you'll find mostly Scottish items - depot stickers (including small Eastfield Westy stickers and Inverness Highland Rail stickers!), mugs, t-shirts & key rings.

There are several Bachmann bargains to be had as well, if you're quick! Brand new models, mint in boxes, for far, far less than the retail price (about 50% less!)

Also on sale are Limited Edition West Highland Class 37 DVDs (test copies) featuring the final days of English Electric action on the Caledonian Sleeper, in 2005-6 and a number of 37-hauled p-way & ballast workings.

As reviewed in ???Railways Illustrated???, West Highland Class 37 calendars for 2010 are still available although these are limited in number and once sold out will not be reprinted.

You can ???Sponsor a Bearing??? - for just ??15 you can take home one of the big-end bearing shells with the money going straight towards the new set required for the overhaul ??“ although proving extremely popular we still have a number of these bearings left. Perfect on top of the mantelpiece (the wife will love it!) or as a bridge for any N gauge layout!

ALL proceeds go towards the ongoing overhaul & preservation of 37175 at Bo??™ness ??“ please say hi if you pass by, and help support us, however small the purchase.

• RMweb Premium

Had a good day at the show today, loads of interest in my big train setbiggrin.gif

G-Mac's in progress project looked and ran well all day.

If anyone is in the area and swithering over paying a visit I'd say get yourself along to the show, in my opinion you won't be disappointed, some good bargains with the traders too.

Cheers

Craig

• RMweb Gold

Had a good day at the show today, loads of interest in my big train setbiggrin.gif

G-Mac's in progress project looked and ran well all day.

If anyone is in the area and swithering over paying a visit I'd say get yourself along to the show, in my opinion you won't be disappointed, some good bargains with the traders too.

Cheers

Craig

Hi all,

Echoing the sentiment and comments of Craig and otheres....

good show...

Define that as good layouts, Good trade

Also some good prices (if you look and ask)

Anyone for a Bachmann Sprinter DCC fitted at ??59.95?

Form at q at the door first thing Sunday!

I'm hoping Trains on Time have some left as I used today's allocation of funds before I found out!

Other things to note?

Heljan 2nd hand CL47's from ??39.95 - see MB Models

New from Nairnshire Models Supplies - BR Diesel Numbering Decals - ??3.95 for enough decals to do 20 locos (includes numbers, logos, warning flashes)

Come and enjoy the show

Thanks

ps Visit the DEMU stand as well - evin i it is just to say Hello!

Popped in myself for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon, was watching the clock a bit too much as I was a on a short leash but enjoyed the 2 hours I managed.

Always enjoy seeing my favourite N gauge layout, Gala Water but there were honourable mentions for a few other layouts.

Seemed a good turn out from what I could see, so hope it was a successful show for the club.

Armed with Craigs map , headed by train to Falkirk. A nice wee trip on the train and then , as Craig predicted, a 20 min walk. A good exhibition i thought. I liked Elliot Bridge and Garsdale. Elliot bridge had a nice new Bachmann 150/2 with sound chip. Very impressive . I walked round the traders, didn't see a lot I fancied although there were 150s and I saw a 4 CEP @??129 from Morays Models. No sign of the new 3MT though. There did seem to be a few traders complaining about Hattons (or presumably their prices). Overall a nice couple of hours spent there. Not bad for ??4.00!

Thanks again Craig

:D

Some pictures added to my fotopic site. ? See:

http://devorgilla.fo...t/c1787259.html

Details of which layout is which to be added.

Early Saturday afternoon was a bit tight for space in some of the aisles, but a bit better later on. ? Maybe something to work on for next year?

Cheers,

26power

Mr Howell, your card is marked sir! :angry:

:lol:

Jamie

Just evidence gathering on your behalf! ? In case you wanted to submit a claim against the college after a close shave with one of the ceiling beams - obviously the architects must have been short-arses!

Cheers,

26power

BTW, South Rhins and the Machers were both a bit wet and dreich on Wednesday - nowt like your sunny pics.

Archived