Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Hi Dave,

Great to see your layout again,icon_thumbsup2.gif I am not sure I had see all those pics either, top stuff.icon_biggrin.gif looks like you have added another 108 to the fleet as well.

Welcome back.

Cheers Peter,

Dave,

Good to see your layout again.

Soon you will be back where you deserve to be.

. Most watched.

. Most Favorited

. Most downloaded

. Most drooled over

Now you are back in BR Blue - will we be getting a Push Pull 27 set?

I will be shopping at Warley for another 27 and some Mk 2 coaches - not worked out which Mk2's I need yet though.

Stuart

Thats the worst model I've ever seen.

The ballast is 0.00003mm to big, the window frames on the third building from the left are now blue not white, did you actually visited Perth before you modelled it.

Honestly if your going to do something at least do it properly.

Suggest you look at Caolisport for absolute accuracy.blink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

See you soon

Mike

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

now i'm getting to grips with the new RMWeb, glad i found this.

not only do you have an amazing layout, with wonderful stock, but they are photographed brilliantly as well.

no co-incidence that so many of your phots are a real-life 'double-take'!

nice to see the 2-car 150/2 there - although if you have to many of these you can safely delete any loco+4 dundee-edin workings. when i was at strathclyde uni 87/88ish, going back to glasgow from kirkcaldy on a sunday evening, a 150/2 would roll up, cue much crush-capacity standing only! and if you did get a seat, it was on those rather hard and narrow seat 'cushions'!

i have to say this is my favourite layout, simply because it's a station (even allowing for modeller's license) that is so recognisable, and i recognise it!

wonderful stuff mate!

Simply awesome modelling - truly inspirational and as someone who never seems to have any time to work on his model railway, I'm wondering how much time you would need to spend to build something as magnificent as this?! Is it an 'every weekend and every evening' time committment or 'a bit here a bit there'? I'm just intrigued - and frustrated by my own lack of progress!! As other posters have said - BR Blue looks great and look forward to seeing the Deltics :)

Now you are back in BR Blue - will we be getting a Push Pull 27 set?

Stuart

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your great feedback. It certainly makes being back on the new RMWeb more than worthwhile.

The Deltics have now been released from the works so some photos will follow soon. Scotrail 37427 is also virtually complete too.

In answer to your various questions...

Stuart (Brush47337) - yep, a push-pull 27 set is certainly possible as I have a couple of 27s and some suitable Mk IIs, although it will only be with a 27/0 and 27/1 combination (I think the sets used a 27/1 and a 27/2, didn't they?). I'm not the type to worry about too much about that though!

Chris - I haven't forgotten about posting some DBSO shots for you. Will hopefully post some with my next set of pics.

philiprporter - I don't find it easy to find the time to work on the layout, especially as I have a (fairly) young family and am basically self-employed. Weekends are usually out, so it's basically a question of late'ish weekday evenings when I'm often tired and not too motivated! In the early days, I often seemed to have a major disaster just as I was about to finish too! Fortunately things have improved on that score as the major scenic work and wiring are now complete.

I've been working on Waverley West for about 6 years now, and progress has been quite variable over that time. Sometimes I really get the bit between my teeth and manage two or three evening sessions of a couple of hours or more in a week. Other times I can go several weeks without doing or achieving much. I try and do something every day if I can, however small. That way it keeps the layout moving forwards, otherwise I find it's very easy to stagnate and make no progress at all. Hope that answers your question!

Hope to be back soon with some new pics.

Cheers for now,

Dave

Waverley West

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Its great to see your layout back on here - I use to follow your progress closely on the old site as there was always something new to see and your layout is amazing and living here in edinburgh I know the location very well and you have captured it so well. I hope know that you are back up and running that we will see plenty more from you over the winter months?

Thanks for the paint suggestion - I have looked closely at your use of it on here and I think that will work well for me too along with the idea of a dark wash over it should do the trick very well on my viaduct.

Thanks,

Mark

philiprporter - I don't find it easy to find the time to work on the layout, especially as I have a (fairly) young family and am basically self-employed. Weekends are usually out, so it's basically a question of late'ish weekday evenings when I'm often tired and not too motivated! In the early days, I often seemed to have a major disaster just as I was about to finish too! Fortunately things have improved on that score as the major scenic work and wiring are now complete.

I've been working on Waverley West for about 6 years now, and progress has been quite variable over that time. Sometimes I really get the bit between my teeth and manage two or three evening sessions of a couple of hours or more in a week. Other times I can go several weeks without doing or achieving much. I try and do something every day if I can, however small. That way it keeps the layout moving forwards, otherwise I find it's very easy to stagnate and make no progress at all. Hope that answers your question!

Hope to be back soon with some new pics.

Cheers for now,

Dave

Waverley West

Thanks very much indeed for this Dave - I would say that this limited time that you have available makes this layout an even more remarkable achievement!! I need to go away now and give myself a stern talking to and just 'get on with it' without any further procrastination of excuses!! I look forward to seeing many more photos of this sublime layout,

Best wishes, Phil.

Hi folks

Just thought I'd post a few pics of the new Deltics as promised. They have been reprogrammed by SWD and fitted with bass reflex speakers in the fuel tanks. This has produced a huge improvement in sound over the standard Bachmann version. I hope to post a video or two of them to do them justice.

I then resprayed and weathered them and modified the headcode to the domino style in the case of 21.

Please excuse the tension locks for those offended by such things!

post-7247-12584516137936_thumb.jpg

post-7247-12584517068848_thumb.jpg

post-7247-12584517980152_thumb.jpg

post-7247-12584518760442_thumb.jpg

I hope to post some more of them 'in service' later.

Cheers for now,

Dave

Waverley West

• Like 4

Hi folks

Just thought I'd post a few pics of the new Deltics as promised. They have been reprogrammed by SWD and fitted with bass reflex speakers in the fuel tanks. This has produced a huge improvement in sound over the standard Bachmann version. I hope to post a video or two of them to do them justice.

I then resprayed and weathered them and modified the headcode to the domino style in the case of 21.

Please excuse the tension locks for those offended by such things!

I hope to post some more of them 'in service' later.

Cheers for now,

Dave

Waverley West

Amazing as ever - will look forward to the video and some more pics! Is this a 'layout that never leaves home' or is there a chance of seeing it exhibited and/or written up in a magazine?