Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Blimey, sounds like you have been busy Dave!

I am interested to know how you got on with the your depot floor and the methods used as I still haven't yet decided what material to use for Boxenby...

Another vote here - not least because my own effort at a hard standing is currently stuck at 'shiny'!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Lovely job Dave, I bet it was noisy as the Tractor and Whistler passed through Princes St. Gardens! I remember when Lima first released their class 37 and if my memory serves me correctly, Loch Rannoch was the first version. I may be wrong though! I purchased one and was really pleased with it!

Some cracking shots, how good does your 40 look passing over the viaduct? Superb........

Hi again folks,

The next update concerns the arrival and weathering of two departmental coaches which will spend much of their time "on depot"...

post-7247-0-50701100-1399905027_thumb.jpg

First is a Bachmann limited edition rerailing coach:

post-7247-0-04021900-1399905061_thumb.jpg

Second is a Bachmann departmental coach, weathered to look faded and aged. Here it is in front of the mock-up of the admin building.

post-7247-0-21032800-1399905108_thumb.jpg

As you can see in the foreground, ballasting on the main line past the depot is well advanced. It basically needs tidying up and weathering now.

More to follow soon I hope on some interesting developments as regards layout control.

Cheers for now,

Dave 

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

That has to be out of some railway photography book. Definatley not a model.

Wow :O

But 'two tone Green' - they are all blue and yellow!

:angel:

Hi Dave,

Superb updates. The 40 and 37 are excellent and if you ever want to bring it for a run up the West Highland line to Rannoch!

I think the depot area is coming on well too, very impressive line up on shed.

Hope you are all well

Mark

Thanks Mark. Good to hear from you again. I was thinking 37012 Loch Rannoch couldn't be more at home than on Rannoch! That's definitely something we will have to arrange! I'd like to see some of my other Scottish 37s (and maybe 27s too?) on Rannoch too.

Cheers

Dave

Hi again folks, 

A quick final update on recent progress on WW. I have decided to move on from my old ZTC 511 to an ECoS-based system. Part of the reason for this is the uncertainty at ZTC and the complete lack of product development taking place there. I intend to keep my 511 to use as a slave controller or possibly as a controller for a future exhibition layout. Much as I like the 511, the ECoS interface is so much easier to use and gives a lot more information. I have also decided to switch to Cobalt or other slow-action point motors wherever possible, although my original decision to use Sundeala board (which needs a lot of support) means that cross-supports under the baseboard may prevent the replacement of all my Peco motors. Any that can't be replaced by Cobalts will probably be replaced by low current solenoids.

Here is my new purchase, taking pride of place...

post-7247-0-02871500-1399999568_thumb.jpg 

I have so far successfully replaced 7 solenoids with Cobalts and much of my time on the layout for the next few weeks will probably be spent replacing the other motors. It all adds up to Waverley West becoming an operational layout again, at last.  :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :locomotive: 

Happy modelling!

Cheers for now,

Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 5

Hi again folks,

The next update concerns the arrival and weathering of two departmental coaches which will spend much of their time "on depot"...

attachicon.gifDepartmental coaches.jpg

First is a Bachmann limited edition rerailing coach:

attachicon.gifDepartmental coach 2.jpg

Just as well the re-railing equipment is to hand, what with that Class 40 wheelset being off the road!

• RMweb Premium

Love the latest pics Dave, particularly the 40 - really convey the bulk and mass of the prototype. And the 37 too, from a time when an exciting 'new' livery meant a white stripe along the side!