Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Hi Dave,

Not sure if you have seen this but I just found it and thought of Waverley West:

From about 1:20 you will like very much!

How good did HST power cars look in that livery?!! Superb in my opinion.

Thanks Alex. I've actually got that DVD, but it's a nice reminder! I always thought it was a shame that that InterCity livery didn't last longer. I think it looked very smart on just about everything it was applied to. I must get around to switching my stock and moving WW on a few years to the late 80s.

Cracking photos as usual Dave. Always enjoy seeing photos of your stock on WW, especially Scottish Large Logo 47s!
Whilst I do like photos of trains, I have to say I rather liked looking through the ones of the WW scenery. There is no end to your talents!

Just browsing through Flickr, as you do, and came across this:

12363728845_32e25913ef.jpg47426, 27034, 45136, 26011 Haymarket 18/5/1983 by Glevumblues, on Flickr

Very topical as we have been discussing dirty, oily ballast!

I did have a feeling that you probably had seen the clip. I am liking the sound of Waverley West moving on a few years to the late 80s!

• Like 4

Cracking photos as usual Dave. Always enjoy seeing photos of your stock on WW, especially Scottish Large Logo 47s!

Whilst I do like photos of trains, I have to say I rather liked looking through the ones of the WW scenery. There is no end to your talents!

Just browsing through Flickr, as you do, and came across this:

12363728845_32e25913ef.jpg47426, 27034, 45136, 26011 Haymarket 18/5/1983 by Glevumblues, on Flickr

Very topical as we have been discussing dirty, oily ballast!

I did have a feeling that you probably had seen the clip. I am liking the sound of Waverley West moving on a few years to the late 80s!

Luvverly Alex. I haven't seen too many shots of Peaks at Haymarket during the 80s. 45144 is my "resident" Peak, but flush-fronted 45136 (shown in the photo) is close enough for government work! 

Interesting ballast staining/colouring too. Well, if you're a bit sad and trying to recreate it that is. Some nice details to finish it all off with in that photo as well.

It's interesting to see how many DMUs were stabled around the various sheds at Haymarket (see the 101 on the very far right of the photo), which I don't think applies to many depots. But now I am getting a bit sad!

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

You are spoiling us with such superb photography and modelling. I very much like the countryside scenes and well too much to mention on the stock front but I like the 101's and the RES 47.

Hope you and the family Have a great Christmas.

All the best

Mark

Hi Dave,

You are spoiling us with such superb photography and modelling. I very much like the countryside scenes and well too much to mention on the stock front but I like the 101's and the RES 47.

Hope you and the family Have a great Christmas.

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark. And the same to you and yours!

Cheers

Dave

PS Looking forward to Glasgow already.

Hi folks,

Things are getting a bit hectic here at Waverley West Towers in the run-up to Christmas, so before I forget in the rush, I'd like to wish 

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR 

to everyone who has contributed to this thread, even by just visiting it. Your comments, contributions, input and feedback, even just the likes, are hugely appreciated and what make it so worthwhile posting here.

May Santa bring you all the trains and other pressies you are hoping for. I've asked him for a couple of Class 47 sound chips for two of my Bachmann 47s which are sat in their boxes at the moment, so we'll have to see whether I've been good enough to deserve them.  

I'm hoping to find at least a little time to sneak off to the railway room this Christmas, but maybe just to run some trains for a change.  :senile: :senile: :senile:

Festive Greetings to One and All,

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just a frivolous thought about your realistic approach to modelling.  Will you be modelling the Hogmanay drunks that infested the platforms, the mess they made, and some 00 scale cleaners with brush and bucket?

Happy Christmas and a good new year when it comes, Dave - thanks for sharing the updates over 2014.

Regards

Stewart