Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Hope replacing the defective bulb doesn't cause too many headaches!

Press release from Haymarket MPD:

"The problem of the non-working light in the mechanical foreman's office block was not as serious as first thought. The wires from the LED had been connected up to the main building wiring circuit the wrong way round. This was not apparent during individual testing of the light concerned.

The problem has now been fixed and the hamfisted electrician concerned dealt with appropriately."

Doh and phew at the same time.

Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 6

Once stood there on a school "history trip" in 1975. There was a good amount of interest then. Helped with the fact our history teacher was bonkers on all things railways. Seemed odd that an educational trip to Edinburgh included doing Haymarket depot. Union of South Africa was in bits at the time too.

Edited by Crisis Rail
  • Like 3

No, I started getting it too. Try it again, I thnk the status of the video was set to "private".

Hi Dave,

All working fine for me here in darkest Northern Ireland....  The videos are great and so too are all the lovely pictures you post.  It can be a challenge to faithfully capture the atmosphere of a real location but you have managed to do that supremely.  I have to have a tissue in my hand when I follow the ongoing story of WW - to wipe the drool of my chin!  I only hope I can reach that sort of standard with my own layout when I finally get all the track laid, wiring done, etc.

Best regards,

Tom

PS - I look forward to meeting up again sometime for the next "adventure" with the Northern Counties Group....  I'm sure by now you will have heard from Colm that Bleach Green has been sold and will be moving to a new permanent home here in NI.

• Like 2

Hi Dave,

Just caught up with your updates superb night shots, the one of the new signal is really sneaky though it must be a real image!

The videos are great too the clapped out 27 is great and the push pull set really looks superb, the glint from the laser glaze in the coaching stock and detailing you have done to them really sets them apart.

See you in a few weeks at Glasgow

All the best

Mark

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

All working fine for me here in darkest Northern Ireland....  The videos are great and so too are all the lovely pictures you post.  It can be a challenge to faithfully capture the atmosphere of a real location but you have managed to do that supremely.  I have to have a tissue in my hand when I follow the ongoing story of WW - to wipe the drool of my chin!  I only hope I can reach that sort of standard with my own layout when I finally get all the track laid, wiring done, etc.

Best regards,

Tom

PS - I look forward to meeting up again sometime for the next "adventure" with the Northern Counties Group....  I'm sure by now you will have heard from Colm that Bleach Green has been sold and will be moving to a new permanent home here in NI.

Hi Tom,

Great to hear from you again and thanks for your kind comments. I'm looking forward to our next expedition too, they're always such good craic. Colm told me about Bleach Green. Shame in a way, but at least it seems to have gone to a good home.

Maybe see you in Glasgow?

Cheers for now,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Just caught up with your updates superb night shots, the one of the new signal is really sneaky though it must be a real image!

The videos are great too the clapped out 27 is great and the push pull set really looks superb, the glint from the laser glaze in the coaching stock and detailing you have done to them really sets them apart.

See you in a few weeks at Glasgow

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark. Not too many sleeps to Glasgow now. I've booked our train tickets and we're ready to go now.

Cheers

Dave