Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Loving the videos . What speaker is in the 26? It sounds pretty loud !

Thanks meanach. They're twin sugar cube speakers from DC Kits. They're fully enclosed and do give off a pretty impressive sound. All my 26s and 27s have had a sound upgrade over the past year or so with new legomanbiffo v4 chips and new speakers and I'm very happy with them now. I do love the Sulzer Type 2 sound. Selling my old v3.5s helped to keep the cost down, as there seems to be a reasonable market for older sound chips.

Hope that helps!

Dave

Hi folks,

While I'm loitering, here's a quick update on progress with 150001. The cab door handrails and the doors themselves are now more or less complete. New doors have been made from plastic card. I was going to try and refit the old ones but the shape of the door window is different on the 150/0. The bodies are now ready for masking and spraying, although I need to add a door opening button next to the driver's doors first.

I've removed the original numbers from the cab fronts without leaving too much trace, so that will mean I won't have to respray the yellow, which will avoid an awkward masking job along the line of the handrails on the cab fronts.

The next job apart from the masking and spraying will be the chassis for the centre car, which will be made by cutting and shutting two driving trailer car chassis.

post-7247-0-20733200-1520242819_thumb.jpg

In other news, these Mobile Track Assessment coaches arrived this morning to add some more variety to the stock on WW...  :sungum:  I'm sure they're not 100% accurate but they look the part to me and it's my railway.  :jester:  

post-7247-0-75821300-1520242857_thumb.jpg

Cheers for now,

Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 11

Hi folks,

While I'm loitering, here's a quick update on progress with 150001. The cab door handrails and the doors themselves are now more or less complete. New doors have been made from plastic card. I was going to try and refit the old ones but the shape of the door window is different on the 150/0. The bodies are now ready for masking and spraying, although I need to add a door opening button next to the driver's doors first.

I've removed the original numbers from the front of the cabs without leaving too much trace, so that will mean I won't have to respray the yellow, which will avoid an awkward masking job along the line of the handrails on the cab fronts.

The next job apart from the masking and spraying will be the chassis for the centre car, which will be made by cutting and shutting two driving trailer car chassis.

attachicon.gifDoors.jpg

In other news, these Mobile Track Assessment coaches arrived this morning to add some more variety to the stock on WW...  :sungum:  I'm sure they're not 100% accurate but they look the part to me and it's my railway.  :jester:  

attachicon.gifCoaches.jpg

Cheers for now,

Dave

Nice to see 150001 again! Looks good.

Nice to see 150001 again! Looks good.

My plan is to crack on with it now and not get too distracted by other projects. Trouble is I really want to work on my Hornby Mk 3s, as I have corridor connections, window frames and Lazerglaze to fit to the ScotRail rake and the blue/grey HST now after last weekend's visit to Glasgow, which I think will improve them further. Must resist, must resist.

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 2

I love the interiors of the buildings and offices in the yard Dave, well done they are a great touch!

Where are your figures from, they are very realistic? And are they all fixed in position or just balanced so you can move them around?

Cheers, Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Not a huge amount to report, mainly because I've been recovering from a hernia op and a computer crash in the space of two days. I'm not sure which was more stressful, especially as my livelihood depends on my computers!

Anyway, some decent therapeutic progress has been made with 150001, which is actually not all that far off completion now. The unit has been sprayed and gloss-varnished and is now ready for the transfers, which will be done by Steve at Railtec Transfers. Hope to post some piccies of the unit soon.

With the family away from this afternoon until tomorrow evening, I'm home alone right now, so hopefully I'll get some rare modelling time in.

In the meantime, here are a few videos...

47459 leaves Waverley bound for Fife with a short rake of Mk 2s...

Think you can handle twin Napiers? Here is 55007 departing Waverley bound for Aberdeen...

And another view...

Cheers for now,

Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 19

Hi folks,

Here as promised are a couple of shots of 150001, which is now nearing completion. It's basically ready for the transfers now...

The cut-and-shut centre car with the new window (far end). The windows have been put back in temporarily to give an idea of what the finished car will look like.

post-7247-0-78707100-1522007468_thumb.jpg

A shot of the three cars...

post-7247-0-69405500-1522007487_thumb.jpg

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 11

Hi folks,

Here as promised are a couple of shots of 150001, which is now nearing completion. It's basically ready for the transfers now...

The cut-and-shut centre car with the new window (far end). The windows have been put back in temporarily to give an idea of what the finished car will look like.

attachicon.gifIMG_9293.JPG

A shot of the three cars...

attachicon.gifIMG_9291.JPG

Looking great!

47459 leaves Waverley in the evening sunlight, bound for Fife...

post-7247-0-89269400-1522056769_thumb.jpg

...as a gricer leans out of the window, desperately trying to get the number of a 47 that has just come in from King's Cross...

post-7247-0-22304600-1522056619_thumb.jpg

Up close and personal with 08421. Warning: wonky fence alert.

post-7247-0-45505300-1522056632_thumb.jpg

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 18

• 2 weeks later...

Top class work there Dave, you've raised the bar again... :good:

One small observation - the LED's in the signals on the video appear to flicker at times.  I'm sure they don't flicker all the time on the layout - is that an issue with video recording generally, or just down to my computer settings?

Looking forward to seeing more videos as well as your signature photography.

Best regards,

Tom

• Like 1