Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Hi again folks,

Here's my latest offering on youtube. Apologies for a few caption errors. I put it together in a rush. Doh.

Alan Harrison's video of Waverley and Haymarket on youtube makes for an interesting comparison...

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 16

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Module00 said:

Awesome pictures, certainly one of the most beautiful layouts on the web. 

Would agree wholeheartedly with that. Princes Street Gardens and the West end of Waverley was my location of choice to watch trains in the seventies so Dave's layout evokes many happy memories of a different time.

Cheers

David

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure I've said it before but it wont hurt to say it again, the photo's you post of this layout are stunning! I really have to double take some of them, they look so real.

Fantastic modelling and photography :good:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I agree.  The sense of realism is the most outstanding feature.

I visited the area once back in 1997.  I only took a single photo (as these were the days of loading film in a camera) and it was only when I got back to Australia and had the film developed that I realised I had not included any trains!

Your layout more than makes up.

089.jpg

• Like 8

21 hours ago, LongRail said:

Dave just seen there is a new book out called Scotland’s railways in
The 1980s and 1990s A snapshot in time. Author Peter J Green

20 hours ago, lmsforever said:

Noticed in one of the photos the chap leaning against the wall,nice touch ,the book is worth buying very good photos and is route orientated lots of 37,s .

Thanks guys. I had a tip-off about the book and I managed to get a copy. It really is excellent both for the quality of the photography and for its value for reference purposes. My only disappointment was that it wasn't in colour, which would have been a big help as regards weathering and general colouring. Still, can't have everything! Definitely worth the money though.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sb67 said:

I'm sure I've said it before but it wont hurt to say it again, the photo's you post of this layout are stunning! I really have to double take some of them, they look so real.

Fantastic modelling and photography :good:

Happy for you to keep saying it, sb67! :lol:

Seriously though, that's very kind, thanks.

Cheers

Dave

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 13/04/2021 at 08:15, Bogie said:

I agree.  The sense of realism is the most outstanding feature.

I visited the area once back in 1997.  I only took a single photo (as these were the days of loading film in a camera) and it was only when I got back to Australia and had the film developed that I realised I had not included any trains!

Your layout more than makes up.

089.jpg

Thanks bogie! You may have somehow managed to take a shot of Waverley without any trains, but you didn't manage one of Waverley Bridge without any buses, that really would have been something!

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3