Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Apologies for the pretty poor quality of this one due to poor lighting and lack of depth of field (I must see if I can do something about that with my videos), but I thought I might as well post it anyway.

The 56 passes through Princes St. Gardens as a 4-car 101 heads for Kirkcaldy...

• Like 14

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd post some views from the halcyon days of last summer which I don't think I've posted before...

The sun catches the side of 37418 as it enters The Mound Tunnel on a Speedlink working...

post-7247-0-01990100-1421147118_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-26202000-1421146996.jpg

post-7247-0-37020900-1421150259.jpg

27034 and 20226 briefly stand side-by-side...

post-7247-0-00094600-1421147073_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-91789300-1421147046_thumb.jpg

...as 26031 heads for Kirkcaldy...

post-7247-0-45380700-1421147169_thumb.jpg

40142 leaves for Aberdeen as 27105 runs through the station with a light Speedlink working...

post-7247-0-95005900-1421147219_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-23171500-1421147193_thumb.jpg

....as an unusual visitor in the shape of a Class 128 DPU arrives from Carstairs...

post-7247-0-92442800-1421148187.jpg

Hope to post some pics of the new white/blue 101 soon. The resident 08 has now entered the works for renumbering to a Haymarket 08 too.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 17

And

And a Very Happy New Year to you too, Mr Grimleygrid, Sir.

The yard lamps are made by Express Models:

http://www.expressmodels.co.uk/acatalog/WORKING_YARD_TOWER.html

I need at least one more I think. Highly recommended.

Buildings, what buildings? They're finished. Can't you see? Really, how insulting. Honestly, some people.

Soon, Alex, soon. Honest.  :jester:

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave, the yard lamps look the business.

Apologies if I insulted you, please accept my sincere apologies!

Thanks Dave, the yard lamps look the business.

Apologies if I insulted you, please accept my sincere apologies!

Absolutely no offence taken whatsoever, Alex. I was only joking. Sorry if that didn't come across in black and white on the screen! The impersonal screen isn't always the best medium for messing about!

Cheers

Dave

loving the layout. had to double take a few times reading the forum think you had just uploaded a pic of the real Waverley. just a quick question regarding the ECoS when you set the route can the signals be set to clear once the route as been selected automatically or do they have to be controlled manually by clicking the icon?

loving the layout. had to double take a few times reading the forum think you had just uploaded a pic of the real Waverley. just a quick question regarding the ECoS when you set the route can the signals be set to clear once the route as been selected automatically or do they have to be controlled manually by clicking the icon?

Cheers.

I've set up the routes to include the signals (including the theatres and feathers). They clear once the points have been set. When setting a route with the ECoS, the accessories are set in the order in which you set them when you created the route.

Just watched the vids Dave, far too realistic! - still can't make my mind up about sound, but I can see how you can have many happy hours of watching trains go by!

Peter

Thanks Peter.

If you did go for, say, the ECoS to control your points etc, you could always incorporate a changeover switch to enable you to switch between DC and DCC control of the track at any time. You could then just build up a DCC fleet as you feel like it.

There's no doubt that sound is very subjective and I think it probably works better for diesels than for steam for some reason but I could never go back to a layout without sound now. It just wouldn't seem right. Trains are noisy things!

Dave

thanks for the quick reply.

will need to read the points decoder booklet and the bit about routes. that and wire the points buy motors and decoders, build the rest of the layout but its all on the list.

as for the sound i fully agree i don't think i could ever go back to running my deltic and 37s with out sound as its far to much fun to open them up on heavy trains. even better is you change the CVs to simulate said heavy train  :no:

JT