BRM March 2011

Dicky W

Hello everyone

March's BRM, on sale February 10th, will include:

Rowlands Castle in OO (yes, I know, you don't have to tell me!)

A final look at The Model Railway Club's Happisburgh, as it approaches retirement following its last show at Alexandra Palace this year.

Tony Wright's review of the S&DJR 7F from Bachmann

The next instalment of the BRM N gauge project layout - building baseboards and legs.

There's more of course! Here's the full contents:

post-1481-0-60501500-1296217200_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Richard. I accept that it's highly subjective, but for me personally this is one of the weaker issues of recent times. Apart from a strong sense of deja vu on the featured layouts, as an experienced woodworker I only skim-read the article by Nigel B. Consequently, there wasn't much left for me. Still, the quality of late has generally been very good - and as a subscriber I'm in with you for the long haul!

As much as I enjoy BRM (I am a subscriber) the colour of the photos still bother me. It is very noticeable when one compares the colour in the pix of Rowland's Castle in this issue to the ones in Hornby mag last month. I'm afraid the colours in the Hornby mag are much closer to how I remember seeing Rowland's Castle in the flesh. The colours in BRM always seem too bright. On this layout the greens are distinctly too garish. I do wonder if the colour reproduction makes modellers think which mag they would like their layout featured in.

Re pictures . Have a look at the CRIMSON RED :blink::unsure::rolleyes::( version of the new Bachmann LNER Wagons (they should be Red Oxide in case anyone doesnt know) . I have some and they are the correct colour. I wouldnt think Bachmann would be too impressed .

Sad to say overall poor quality photos and paper , I didnt buy. At least it wasnt in a dreaded bag for once :lol:

Hi,i have to say that last months issue,this one has not arrived yet.Thats another of their problems.the colours were just awful.the green on the Hornby A1....well the B1 wasnt much better.Theres seems to be someting missing to me ever since it went to the change of paper and more adds pages.

A thing i did as the editor about and he didnt seem best pleased.

I will have to see how the future copies and see if i carry on with my subscription on the mag.

Richard

• RMweb Premium

Am I the only one who has not received their subscrition copy yet? It does seem to be a bit of a wasted subscription when I can pick it up at Sainsburys before mine is posted. I thought one of the 'perks' of a subscription was that you got your copy a few days before general release? Model Rail seem to be able to do it. I am still awaiting my Airbrush but have been assured that it is on its way from ?Malaysia. I will give them another couple of months to get things sorted, if there is no improvement it will be back to buying it at the shop.<_<

Archived