Servo Motors & Servo Controllers

13 hours ago, Theakerr said:

I have built about 90% of my signals (00) using Ratio signal kits.  The 90% refers not to the number on my layout but the % of the kit used.  Specifically, all counterweights and L angle brackets have been replaced with metal ones from Wizzard models.   The plastic ones just did not stand up.  Because I do not use DCC I have used Megapoints servo boards.  Economical and easy to use.   I have recently used a new micro servo with a footprint about 1/2 the size of a RC90 (derekm see your thread) therefore much easier to install as a total unit (signal + servo) and for my signals they work more than adequately

The Megapoints board can be controlled by their DCC add on board or indeed by any suitable accessory decoder. Ratio kits are the cheaper option but I am not sure how well they will stand up to layout use, much more easily broken when track cleaning etc than metal, plus if you want working lights the hollow centre of a suitable metal post makes it much easier.

5 hours ago, KingEdwardII said:

For Servo controller board, if you're looking for DCC, I can recommend the Chesterfield Model Making & Minature Electronics ("CMME") Arduino-based DCC 16 Servo Decoder - drive 16 servos for around £20. Has things like signal bounce if your servos are driving semaphores.

It needs a little skill with programming, but there is plenty of information available and friendly help from the folk who make them.

https://chesterfield-models.co.uk/product/servodecoder/

No connection other than a satisfied customer.

Yours,  Mike.

Thanks Mike.

We have just launched our "Prima! decoder". Builds upon the link above but also adds functionality for a further 16 outputs, 32 total. Prima also has 16 inputs for push button control if you are not using DCC.

It can control a combination of servos, led's or relays, 

All configuration is done via a web browser, no coding or tedious hand held configuration needed.

https://chesterfield-models.co.uk/product/prima/

If you have any questions regarding either solution  give me a shout on here or via our website.

- Sam

CMMME