Wakefield Show 2009

jamie92208

• RMweb Premium

The 48th Annual show organised by the WRMS is to be held at its usual venue in Thornes Park Athletic Stadium on the 27th 28th and 29th November 2009.

Opening hours are as follows:-

Friday 5.30pm to 9.00pm

Saturday 10.00am to 6.00pm

Sunday 10.00am to 5.00pm

Full list of layouts/traders to follow soon as I can't get the link to work to drag it in from the old site.

Jamie Guest

Exhibition Manager

WRMS

• RMweb Premium

As promised here is a list of layouts Traders etc that are currently confirmed for the show:-

2009 Wakefield Model Railway Show

Layouts

1. Masham N.E.R TT Gauge 3mm scale model of an NER Branch Line Terminus set in North Yorkshire in 1922

2. Oakwell Central EM Gauge 4mm scale Terminus and Loco Shed model. LNER 1930??™s. Exhibited by David Woodward. WRMS

3. Draig Goch. 009 Welsh Narrow Gauge 1950's to 60's exhibited by Darren Hedges WRMS,

4. Bwd Udersfelde 3.5mm scale HO layout depicting an east German shed and main line 1960??™s to 1980??™s.

5. Blackhawk House 0n30 16.5mm gauge set in Colorado based on the Gilpin Tramway. Exhibited by Ian Drummond.

6. East Wheal Dream 7mm O Gauge industrial layout set in 1920??™s Cornwall.

7. St Jean Sur Mer French Narrow Gauge 1950??™s in G scale

8 Bee Lane. 00 gauge 4mm scale set on the present day West Coast Main Line.

9. Blackrock Colorado. A Z gauge model set in a mine and industrial area in 1960??™s Colorado.

10. Litttleton Southern region O Gauge

11. Carter??™s Dock. 4mm scale 00 gauge Mid 1960??™s North east shunting and Indistrial layout. Exhibited by Graham Hand WRMS.

12. Bradford City Road. 4mm 00gauge terminal station set in West Yorkshire in the 1970??™s, exhibited by Neale Burrows WRMS

13. Tryweryn Sidings 4mm EM Gauge late 1960??™s freight terminus in North Wales.

14. New Morwenstow Riverside, 4mm 00 gauge Modern Image Cornish layout including harbour scene.

15. Victoria Road 4mm 00 gauge set in West Yorkshire on Ex MMidland main line based on Saltaire period 1950??™s to 1970??™s exhibited by Bradford MRC.

16. Skip Hill. 4mm 00 gauge Industrial layout set on BR in the 1950??™s.

17. Easington Lane 4mm EM Gauge set in the 1970??™s in North east England.

18. Stoke Bishop to Filbridge. 7m O gauge set in the 1930 to 1960 period Eastern England.

19. Yard at 4th and 9th. HO scale 16.5mm gauge set in the North Eastern USA 1970??™s.

20. Wipers. 1/35th scale 16.5mm gauge War Department light railway set in France in1917.

21. 30 de Septiembre 3.5mm HO set in a Cuban Sugar Mill in the 1990??™s.

22, Beaver Creek 0n30 California Logging line with award winning scenery. Exhibited by Paul Prentice WRMS.

23. George St Stabling Point 2. 4mm 00 gauge modern image Freightliner Maintenance depot.

24. Thomas. Test your driving skills on the WRMS Thomas layout in aid of Wakefield Hospice.

25. Kirchofen. Austrian/German/Swiss Border layout with rack section. Exhibited by Tom Embleton Bridlington MRC.

26. WRMS 2010 show Preview. With a section of a new layout, EAGLE ROCK. and other details of the 2010 show.

The following Traders are also booked to attend.

A1 Models

Bay Models

Bill Hudson Books

The Buffer Stop Shop

Contikits

Digitrains

D & E Video??™s/DC Kits

Edwardian Splendour

Freestone Model Accessories

Green Scene

GEM/Fleetline

Going Loco

Helmsman Electronics

K & M Models

Langley Models

Millennium Models

Modelex

Nick Tozer Books

P & H Models

Roxey Mouldings

Snazzy Scenics

Squires Model and Craft

Ten Commandments

Uncommon Kits

Unit Models

Wizard Models

The following Societies will have stands

L & Y Society

North Yorkshire Moors Railway

LNER Study Group

Wakefield Hospice

Wensleydale Railway

Demonstrators

The following will be there for all or part of the exhibition:

Malcolm Crawley ??“ Brass Loco construction

John Patrick ??“ Building Construction

Bill Wilder ??“ N American Resin and etched kit construction.

Tony Bond - Rolling stock construction

John Wall - Wagon Building

Plus your exhibition manager trying to scratchbuild a 1908 EMU for the forthcoming Lancaster Green Ayre, if he is bored.

• 3 weeks later...

Will be there with Tryweryn on it's last outing in my ownership, so please don't hesitate to come and say hello

I'm easy recognizable as I'll be the chunky one in the check shirt!!

Who is not behind the layout biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Martin,

Maybe i'll get a go as you suggested at Expo Em North?!?!? It will certainly be good to see you and Tryweryn again! Last time, sob!

Always a good show, looking forward to seeing many old and new friends there.

Cheers,

John E.

Thanks John! It'll give me a chance to attack the secondhand stand and the bar, but not neccesarily in that order!!!! BTW it was Expo North 2007 too.....

• RMweb Premium

Thanks John! It'll give me a chance to attack the secondhand stand and the bar, but not neccesarily in that order!!!! BTW it was Expo North 2007 too.....

Just make sure you get the the secondhand stand early its one of the most popular stands at the show particularly Friday evening and Saturday morning.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Trust me-there's method in my madness! smile.gif wink.gif

There's such a mad rush for it on Friday evening when we opened that when we moved it to the far end of the hall we seriously considerd having St John's on duty with a first aid post half way along.

• RMweb Premium

If you have the December Railway Modeller to hand you will see that on page 906 the Wakefield Exhibition is advertised as taking place on 27-29 DECEMBER. Good to see that even in Modeller mistakes pass the proof reader.

Glad to hear that mistakes can be made. The December dates would have been be great as I'll be in El Salvador by the 29th and it would have got me out of all the post exhibition clearup. I might have struggled to get colunteers toi set up on Boxing Day though it would have provided the best excuse yet for not visiting and being polite to the outlaws.

Jamie

Well I will be there on the Friday night. This has always been one of the best exhibitions of the year (I even managed to get through last year catering unscathed) so am hopeful that this year will be no exception.

I have been emailing the traders, so a good amout of my money is already spent, just needing to pick up items when there, however I will be at the door at 17:30 a heading straight for that club sales stand, so please do not get in my way :)

• RMweb Gold

Well I will be there on the Friday night.

,however I will be at the door at 17:30 a heading straight for that club sales stand, so please do not get in my way smile.gif

Leave the rest of us something, I'm going on Saturday, the best 'loot' stand in the business!

• RMweb Premium

Well the day has finally arrived. The barriers and some other stuff and the very important exhibitors canteen equipment, were taken to the stadium last night so now its heads down for a morning of throwing scaffolding poles around and building the show. Look forward to seeing you all over the next 3 days. By the way there is already a lot of stuff on the club sales stand which will be in its usual place.

Jamie Guest

Hi Everyone,

Just to let people Know that the show is well worth coming to and the standerd of layouts there is very high.

On a Trading front the second hand stall is still stocked with bargins and the quality and manor of fellow traders towards me and the public is a credit to them (Yes i know i'm baised as I am one).

But in genral I haven't heard anyone grumbling about the catering this year so finger crossed. Once again the exibition is a credit to Jamie and his band of merry helpers.

So if your in the area come along and maybe if yuo bring the wife santa may do some buying?!

Thanks again to Jamie and the Gang

Andrew

P.S St Johns ambulance were half way between the entrance and club sales stand for the first 15 mins!

Archived