4mm S&T Equipment

Hi Chaps,

I've been scrounging the internet for 4mm/OO S&T equpment, but have been having limited successes.

I'm currently building a small 2' 5" x 10" steam-era MPD. I've got a Skaledale ground frame, which will get chopped up and repainted but I'm at a loss as I can't find any of the pulleys and point rodding that would typically be used to connect such a ground frame to a couple of dods and a turnout. The only items I've managed to source are Peco Dummy Point motors and Knightwing hand points.

I'm also trying to find the concrete troughs for signalling cables, and a decal sheet that contains signs such as Limited Clearance (Red/White chequers) and No Refuges (Blue/White chequers).

Would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of any of the above.

Cheers,

Owen

These, from http://www.wizardmodels.co.uk/ListallProducts.php and search for

• 4PR, Point rodding starter pack
  • LS0014, Yard point levers (cosmetic only)
  • LS0014/1, Kick-over yard point levers (cosmetic only)
  • LS0015, Telegraph pole arms
  • LS005, Point rodding stools
  • LS006/1, Rodding cranks and pulleys
  • LS007, Signal wire pulley wheels
  • LS009, 4-lever ground frame

The usual disclaimer applies to all of these in 4mm scale:

• Colin Waite point rodding supports.
  • Sprat & Winkle, Masokits and AmBis for all those cranks, pulleys and facing point lock bits.
  • Use 0.7mm square plastic for non-GWR and non-LBSC point rodding and 0.7mm dia plastic rod otherwise.
  • Black cotton has numerous uses for overhead cables, signalling runs, etc.
  • 0.7mm square brass for signal wire support posts.

And so-on.

What about going off shed beyond the 'gonging off/ringing off' point.

This is what why I'm looking for stuff. A small ground frame controlling two points and a couple of dods. Nothing majorly fancy, but thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Owen

• RMweb Gold

This is what why I'm looking for stuff. A small ground frame controlling two points and a couple of dods. Nothing majorly fancy, but thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Owen

Your layout, your choice but if an engine shed was in use its unlikely to be ground frame controlled, a GF was for occasional use

• RMweb Gold

I think a small sketch of what's planned might be of help. I know/knew of very few loco depots etc which had ground frame operated connections and I think all of those were effectively some sort of 'emergency use only' connection. Ground frame worked connections in a shed yard would be a recipe for derailments!

Archived