......somewhere on the outskirts of a Northern Town.

Crisis Rail

• RMweb Premium

A study of all things Clitheroe and the Horrocksford branch is the way to go.

Castle Cement VTG JPA  EWS or DB 66 (66110) - I would like to run a 60 but cannot find any images of 60's with JPA wagons even

though 60029 is named Clitheroe Castle - I think the newer PCA rakes are 60 based haulage? Avonmouth to Clitheroe flows.

Nine acquired - Four or Five to go for a prototypical rake :D

There are some more JPA's to be delivered soon to increase the loading on the Avonmouth. Likely to be mixed PCA/JPA rakes if the rumour/gossip is true. It may also go over to 60 haulage at the same time for the heavier trains. Typical loading is 13 JPA's on the Mossend, but there were some short 8-9 rakes in the early days of JPA's as there were faults that kept some out of traffic

60's have been rare into Clitheroe for the last few years - There's only been two or three on the Kings Cross PCA traffic a couple of years ago.

As you say the last 60 in there was 60024 for it's naming ceremony (must finish mine for Perth in two weeks time)

Cheers,

Mick

Managed to make a bit of progress on the portal entrance - building above as a trial.

post-7252-0-69494000-1434722677.jpg

BUSCH Graffiti  - on order - more detailing overgrowth litter and junk around the portal and embankment to be added.

Taken as an idea from the Miley tunnel entrance at Fylde Road Preston where the Longridge branch ends  / starts - note purple settee.

post-7252-0-18154700-1434722695.jpg

post-7252-0-17205000-1434722721.jpg

Also some vegetation planted.

post-7252-0-86865900-1434722743.jpg

post-7252-0-81757400-1434722925.jpg

Ongoing.

Ian

There are some more JPA's to be delivered soon to increase the loading on the Avonmouth. Likely to be mixed PCA/JPA rakes if the rumour/gossip is true. It may also go over to 60 haulage at the same time for the heavier trains. Typical loading is 13 JPA's on the Mossend, but there were some short 8-9 rakes in the early days of JPA's as there were faults that kept some out of traffic

60's have been rare into Clitheroe for the last few years - There's only been two or three on the Kings Cross PCA traffic a couple of years ago.

As you say the last 60 in there was 60024 for it's naming ceremony (must finish mine for Perth in two weeks time)

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks for that Mick and the local knowledge must go over for a research soon - really wanted to run Class 60 haulage but cant find an image anywhere for the JPA - 66111 will have to do.

13 rake JPA is well enough - lucky that is all the sidings can take at Clitheroe - absolute works of art by Bachmann.

Ian

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that Mick and the local knowledge must go over for a research soon - really wanted to run Class 60 haulage but cant find an image anywhere for the JPA - 66111 will have to do.

13 rake JPA is well enough - lucky that is all the sidings can take at Clitheroe - absolute works of art by Bachmann.

Ian

They are superb wagons apart from the fact that the axles can easily pop out from the bogie. Easily done by just pushing gently down on the wagon and you don't notice until it comes to the first point...........

No confirmation yet if the new JPA's for Clitheroe will carry Hanson markings - I would expect so.

There's also some more JPA's on the way for traffic from Hope Cement works and another new livery

Cheers,

Mick

They are superb wagons apart from the fact that the axles can easily pop out from the bogie. Easily done by just pushing gently down on the wagon and you don't notice until it comes to the first point...........

No confirmation yet if the new JPA's for Clitheroe will carry Hanson markings - I would expect so.

There's also some more JPA's on the way for traffic from Hope Cement works and another new livery

Cheers,

Mick

Ketton - Castle - Lafarge - Hanson - Hope...anyone else?

It's a wonder Bachmann can keep up with the modern rolling stock requirements.

Yes agreed as regards the bogies - thought it was a one off -  a few wheels were left in the box on opening better slack than tight for hot axles... :D

Ian

Ahhh, Miley tunnel...... I walked through it many times in my youth. It had a single track running through back then.

It was like a fly tippers paradise inside too

Yes Phil - uncannily eerie - I believe - my father walked it many a time as a youth back in the 1930's hiding from the kettles to Grimsargh.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another title name change and Eastern portal building progress.

post-7252-0-63930200-1435492405.jpg

Not full width due to being out of view - ladders and further detail to be added.

In situ  (the slightly dropped Wills Girder not fixed permanantly as yet....!)

post-7252-0-47289300-1435492419.jpg

All up view - front facia to be sourced and cut next weekend.

post-7252-0-94502000-1435492462.jpg

Ian

Realy coming along well here... :paint: :senile:

Thanks - it was - the backscene has succumbed to the humidity - it was an id polyprop version - fine in the damp but totally written off and bubbled in this heat,

New one on order - it will have to be detachable and moved inside in future after running sessions.

Fine balance - I have tried all sorts of methods of adhesion - it's the wrong type of heat :banghead:

Ian

• RMweb Premium

I've just found this and like it lots. There's a great deal of appeal in the subtlety of the model making and composition; the detail is there where it's needed but of the commonplace kind rather than the flashy or showy.

Hi Ian, looking really good Sir. Great work on the track weathering, I cannot wait to see some decent traction passing by, and I am not talking about one of those 66s! :nono:

Afraid it will have to be Alex (66111 most probable) :resent:

I wanted to run DB or EWS 60's but being prototypical these did not run with Castle JPA at all.

Other consists planned but not going to come cheap - let's say it is ongoing and long term......

Currently redoing the backscene due to poor atmospherics - cant win with these.

Ian

Polypropolene backscene hard to source (Terraced Backs P410) - finally on order from Antics  - I will try fixing onto panel board other than MDF as Art Printers advise not using MDF - this should withstand damp in winter  - including a constantly running tumbledryer :umbrage:  and humid conditions like the last few weeks  - we shall see.

Not too much progress - time holidays and money priorities on the horizon.

Highland Stag badged 66111 at Carlisle on the Castle JPA  - thanks to 37901 Dalzell for the inspiration.

post-7252-0-55143300-1436608687_thumb.jpg

This will be the Traction of choice - sorry Alex.

Ian

Looking forward to some 66 pictures on your layout now :senile: :locomotive:

.....with a userid like yours no wonder :)

....66111 on order DCC Sound and weathered - not my favourite mode of traction but prototypical for the consist.

DRS Flasks 20's maybe  -  Northern DMU's -   then a Fugly 70 on Network Rail Basford flow.

Expensive :D

Archived