Chivers Finelines Wantage Tramway No 7 0-4-0T

finelines

• RMweb Premium

Following the success of our reintroduction of the 7mm WD Hunslet 4-6-0T through SlimRails (there very few left unsold) I have decided to run a batch of 4mm Wantage Tramway No 7’s.

The kit includes whitemetal body, etched chassis and cab roof and lost wax details. The kit requires wheels gears and motor to complete.

Roger

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have a batch of casting to do for other orders and I am hoping to include this kit at the same time, so it would be useful if you let me know you are interested. The price will be £60.

Roger

• RMweb Premium

The delay was I looked at question and said,"of course it does" to both, but I was trying to think of a more formal way of replying. I can't remember whether it has two or three sets of spacers or 00 EM and P4, it probably does. After all the years I exhibited at ExpoEM I would have been chucked out if you couldn't do EM!

Roger

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure it doesn't entirely help, but, as I have no photographs, it is worth looking at the picture of the Q6 in that thread. It gives you a feel of what we produce.

It the rerelease of our 1990's kit. At that time there were more options about wheels but I don't know what the current situation is. This prototype had 2'9" wheels and the only manufacturer at that time the only manufacturer was Sharman Wheels. Some Manning Wardle F class were built with 3' wheels which are in Alan Gibson's range. Whether there are any new introductions from other makers I don't know. I understand if he's got them the chap who now owns Sharman will sell you them.

Roger

Looking at MRJ no 6 and the Dave Rowlands article, can see a use for a High Level compact gearbox (AKA shoehorn) in there somewhere. It'll be an engineering challenge and has gone a long way to upping my mojo.

My justification - s*d it, it's pretty.

Gibson do Manning Wardle 3ft wheels - 9 inch throw crank. Their 2' 9" are a Hudswell Clarke pattern with a 7 1/2 inch throw.

• RMweb Premium

I would like it to be sooner than later because when the boys and I were looking through the bits on my shelf I found some brass (N/S) castings and etches for a number of kits. All I have to do is the whitemetal parts and we should be cooking on gas.

I am reluctant to forecast how long this will take because fate always sets out to make a liar out of me. For example this week the workload I had was on the margin of achievable but events culminating in a 12 hour power cut put paid to that!

Ah well! Onwards and upwards!

Roger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 years later...