Expo EM South - Portsmouth 28 Nov

ullypug

• RMweb Premium

Just 2 weeks until Expo EM South which is always a good show.

Saturday 28 November

The Admiral Lord Nelson School

Dundas Lane

Portsmouth

PO2 5XT

10:30 - 16:30

Non-members ??4, members ??3

Layouts

P4:

Ravenscroft

Midland Sidings

EM:

Elm Park

Hope-under-Dinmore

Kentside

Prospect Wharf

Weston WCPR

Masses of demonstrators or whatever the collective term is and a few traders too.

Catering is always excellent and the venue is really good. It's a pity that this may be the last Expo EM South, but we'll be giving it a good send off if it is.

You can down load the programme here:

http://www.emgs.org/

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A bump for this show but also to ask people to attend as this will be last Expo EM South, the EMGS board having decided to stop the show. I have helped out at every one of the last 16 shows and I am sure my fellow clube members at the SHMRC along with Peter Watson and his gang from Dorset would love the show to go out with a bang.

Regards

Dave

A bump for this show but also to ask people to attend as this will be last Expo EM South, the EMGS board having decided to stop the show......

What ???

That's a huge shame...well it is for me as it's reasonably local and has always been a nice (if small'ish) show to attend.

Does this indicate that Expo EM is staying "down South" for the forseable future?

What ???

That's a huge shame...well it is for me as it's reasonably local and has always been a nice (if small'ish) show to attend.

Does this indicate that Expo EM is staying "down South" for the forseable future?

We have decided that we will not be running expoEM South next year in its current form for a number of reasons. However we are considering alternative event formats for next year. So as they say.....watch this space and of course we'll keep members informed via our quarterly newsletter and others as appropriate.

And on the subject of those EMGS members in West/southern England you will have noted that our Members Day/AGM is on 20 Feb in Chippenham.

For many years it was always in the London area but we took a policy decisions a few years ago to move it round the county. We have had 2 very successful members days oop North in Wakefield and one at Bletchley Park. So we are now moving west for next year to Chippenham. So if you are a member and withinh reach then get it in ya diary.

Graeme Vickery

Secretary EMGS

We took Spotland Bridge down a few years back and enjoyed the show, but it was a marathon trek for a one day show from up here, the land where men are men and sheep are worried. We (Ian W and myself) were both surprised how few folk attended considering the supposed amount of members in the area, because it was a really quality event.

This year looks good as well and id thoroughly recommend having a visit.

• RMweb Premium

Home and packed away. A very enjoyable day and thanks to Tony and all the South Hants boys for putting the show on, as well as the other EMGS members who helped.

It seemed very busy today, in contrast to former years. Maybe the weather or the threat of there not being another one. Well it looks if there will be some form of event next year which is good.

One or two RM Webbers came and said hello and I'm pleased to say that Weston behaved itself.

• RMweb Gold

Andrew

Can only agree it was a great show, I understand the figures were up on previuos years. All the layouts were of a very high standard and a credit to the EMGS. Lets hope that what ever happens next year is as much fun.

PS I loved your quirky stock.

Dave

Archived