Hi, the whites are fine, but as can then be deduced - the closed yellows must be upside down!

Great ballast shoulder and authorised walking route by the way.  Just how I remember many locations.

A quick shot of the discs applied - please tell me if I've got them in the wrong place / upside down etc.

attachicon.gif20131008_070020.jpg

Oh and that bloke with his hands in his pockets seems to have returned from his holidays.

Off to sunny Peterborough for the day now.....

Phil

looks good

how was Peterboro? im in Didcot again :(

Hi Phil,

The half discs up the other way have a hole part way through. If you look in your bits bag there should be some. The real things could be folded from the top or the bottom. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers Peter.

Any more photos of your station?? looks very nice... :senile:

If you're talking about the one in #1355 - that's actually Peters layout "Llanbourne. North Wales in the 80s".

My station currently consists of a plank of wood

Hi Phil,

The half discs up the other way have a hole part way through. If you look in your bits bag there should be some. The real things could be folded from the top or the bottom. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks - I never knew it was so complicated. I'll take a look tonight.

Phil

Morning

Looks like the overnight engineering works (sticking the sides onto the bridge and weighing them down) were successful.

post-10336-0-64917000-1381566831_thumb.jpg

On with H2, although I managed to fall down the stairs last night and have damaged my elbow - (just getting the excuses in early in case I don't get it all finished) :no2:

Phil

• Like 2

Excuse the ignorance but this Yank would like to know what the discs are for.  Every time I think I'm getting a handle on British railways you guys come up with something I've never noticed before.

Thanks,

Dave

Excuse the ignorance but this Yank would like to know what the discs are for.  Every time I think I'm getting a handle on British railways you guys come up with something I've never noticed before.

Thanks,

Dave

used in a similar way to front lights on the previous steam loco hauled train services to denote the type of train when the loco is not fitted with a headcode display, for example on the bigger loco's there was a black & white display to show the train code such as 1A45, these displays are no longer used in UK but the 4 digit code is used on control room/signal box route boards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Train_reporting_number

Edited by Ralph

Thanks. I thought I'd broken it as it is the exactly the same spot I've broken before and that time I had to have a pin inserted. I suspect that held it all together.

Do the tubs holding down your bridge contain your elbow repair kit??  I'm sure it was all rather humerus!

If you look closely at the shot of 20046, you can see the transparent circular lenses on the visible semi-discs.  If this had been a plain semi-disc, the light behind would never have been able to shine through.

Afternoon all.

Firstly thanks for all the advice / info about the discs - obvious when someone explains it.

Secondly here are the bridge updates - all now glued, and some extra legs added.

post-10336-0-40465700-1381680345_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-94230500-1381680355_thumb.jpg

The plan is to turn the bits on the inside into pavements, by scoring a curb along the edge. Not sure if I can turn the screws into manhole covers somehow.

post-10336-0-78773400-1381680362_thumb.jpg

And get this - H2 has progressed, slower than expected - mainly due to the time spent spinning nuts up and down the threaded rod.

Here it is in construction / drilling to get all the holes lined up.

post-10336-0-03249800-1381680693_thumb.jpg

And after fitting under the layout. Levels not yet set as you can see. I wanted to get the basics there then connect up to the baseboard and start from there.

post-10336-0-58632300-1381680369_thumb.jpg

As for the elbow - it's getting better, despite having to crawl about under H2, and yes Scott, that was my first aid box.

Phil

• Like 4

Nice work, good to see h2 growing up!

Bridge looks great, feeling inspired here. If you want to be really anal on bridge leg support details I could get you shots from a real similar structure next time I go and see my friend the troll?

Yes to a photo please, but do you mean they're not built from curtain poles in real life?

Right, I decided to take a break from H2 / woodworking and go back to a bit of modelling.

Hopefully the discs are in the right place now (thanks again for all the help)

post-10336-0-68960900-1381866273_thumb.jpg

and then painted the top one black

post-10336-0-51141400-1381866282_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-42510000-1381866289_thumb.jpg

Am I right in thinking I don't need to paint any on the front?

post-10336-0-48605600-1381866295_thumb.jpg

So.... next bit of help needed next is where do all the other bits go?

Peter, I've tried studying the photo of yours, but can't quite work out which bit is bit.

post-10336-0-45407500-1381866265_thumb.jpg

And one final pic (for Class "66") - here is what might be the station at some point, or is that a RES deopt, or...

post-10336-0-12332200-1381866459_thumb.jpg

• Like 2