Class 86

Bartb

certainly liveries probably hide the flaws better than others........not a bad idea with Olivias doing short run commissions but youd probably be looking at around £140 minimum.  so with the flaws i wonder how many would actually splash the cash rather than just say theyd buiy one..... you see them fetch barely £60 on ebay new/unused/mint.  i went the respray route for an executive 86 minus the tanks pan and aerials etc.....the only downside is that you cant beat a factory paint finish.

Heljan really did drop the ball on this.  A lost opportunity but if the Bones are coming back then never say never with the 86.

Think about all those lovely 1970s/1980s BR Blue versions you could have had.........Rapido might yet come to the rescue though.....

• 7 months later...

With Bachmann doing a Class 90 it does seem that AC electrics are back on the menu. I never thought the overall shape of the Heljan 86 was all that bad - a minor retool of the body sides and change the pantograph and you're onto a decent model. Go on Heljan - here's your chance!

I'd definitely be after one in RES and RfD

Archived