Chinnorford

rob D2

Hi,

Latest project to try and portray a branchline in the early 80s, set on the WR/MR border, Oxfordshire/Bucks way.

Baseboard is a single 7' x 1 and half ' board.Giving approx 5 ' scenic section and 2' fiddle yard.

The idea is that the original station has been demolished and this is the replacement, a single 2 coach long minimalist affair.Passenger service in the hands of a bubblecar. station also, surprisingly , receives parcels. This may have something to do with a local warehouse which does some mail order and the local RAF base at Benson.

Other freight traffic - low relief cement works, receives coal, dispatches the odd wagonload of cement in either PCA or vans.

- fertiliser traffic, in pallet vans or OCA opens unloaded in one surviving siding by the new platform

- grain, occasional vanload loaded in same

- household coal delivered occasionally.

- either MOD supplies or oil trains run round here, not decided yet.

for this period we have classes 31/37/45/47/50 at present.

I am also hoping to run the layout in more modern times (96-2002).

For this the cement works will continue to receive coal and dispatch the odd wagon via enterprise, spoil trains will run to a facility beyond the scenic break and MOD trains will run round. The other traffics will have gone by then.

Hope to post some photos later, not that much to see yet as I'm very slow with layouts.

Regards,

Rob

Indeed,

I've been to chinnor a few times - my mum helps out on the catering side. The cement works bit is loosely based on the concrete apron there and hopefully I,ll build some approximation of the 'packing shed' where,IIRC, the coal trains unloaded.

I wanted a small station that would look if it was built in the 1960s to replace a larger one elsewhere, in true beeching style.

Not at present pete (and I'm 280 miles away from the layout at present !)

basically it's the platform line run round and a siding off each, total of three sidings

I'm hoping I win a skaledale cricket pavillion on eBay this week , which I can modify a bit to go opposite the cement silos on the near side. I'm fascinated by the combination of countryside, rural pursuits and industrial stuff all in one spot. My class 25 is also on it's way back from repairs so that'll be pulling the parcel wagons in the photo , suposedly from bletchley .

I'm down in the west country trying out some of the branchlines , lets hope I don't come back and convert the layout to china clay !

Archived