Gee Dee Models, Nottingham

Welly

As promised, a few photos to show how the former shop site has been redeveloped, have to say not impressed TBH.As someone born in Nottingham, the so called  "redevelopment of the City" is very poor, particularly the Hockley area and the City centre. ( well IMO)

The number of empty shops is quite depressing, the area is now full of Bars and Restaurant's, so assume other than weekends and evenings, the whole are is a ghost town.

The new building houses Student flats.

Photo C.jpg

Photo B.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

We did take a photo of some of the former staff, as close to the original Heathcote Street shop entrance as possible, the L/H double door, is roughly where the entrance was.( the display window being to the R/H side of this)

From left to right in the photo:

Adam/ Pete/Rob/Steve/Paul and Jez, all either full or part time staff.

We are looking at planning another get together later in the year ( not City Centre) so if you ever  worked at Gee Dee Models and want details, please PM me. (  I don't have contact details for all former staff) 

all the best

Steve

Photo A.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
On 01/04/2024 at 12:44, EE 8SVT said:

We did take a photo of some of the former staff, as close to the original Heathcote Street shop entrance as possible

I have to confess I had never heard of Gee Dee Models until the above post came up earlier in the week on RMWeb as a recent post for me to view.

Then today, an eBay purchase from Easter Monday arrived in the post, note the original price sticker still attached to the box.  Co-incidence or what?

IMG20240405220135

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

I have to confess I had never heard of Gee Dee Models until the above post came up earlier in the week on RMWeb as a recent post for me to view.

Then today, an eBay purchase from Easter Monday arrived in the post, note the original price sticker still attached to the box.  Co-incidence or what?

IMG20240405220135

The label is probably worth more than the contents?!

Mike.

• Like 1