"Race for the Livery" - 6233

S.A.C Martin

The Race for the Livery

The Princess Royal Class Locomotive Trust are holding a telephone vote to decide on the livery of 6233 when she returns from overhaul, the votes being counted from the 21st Feb to the 31st August.

It's a first for preservation, I think!!!

PLEASE NOTE:

LINES NOT OPEN UNTIL 00:01 on MONDAY 21st FEBRUARY 2011

The call will cost you £1.50 from a BT landline and £1.50 plus network charge from a mobile phone.

Please note: this is an automated telephone voting service being handled on behalf of the PRCLT

by an external body via BT. Votes cannot be accepted via the West Shed office telephone number.

Voters must obtain permission from the bill payer before voting and phone voters under

the age of 12 should obtain parent/guardian consent before voting.

Should anyone wish to vote 10 or more times, a form can be downloaded, filled in and

posted to us with a cheque, thereby avoiding telephone charges.

The Duchess of Sutherland will be outshopped in the winning livery.

She will run in the winning livery for a minimum of 12 months, after which she will return to the Trusts

preferred livery of LMS Crimson Lake for the remainder of her mainline certificate.

Click HERE for full televoting terms & conditions

All proceeds from this project will used to pay for the painting of the locomotive in the winning livery.

Any excess funds will be contributed the 'Heavy General' overhaul of Stanier Pacific 'Duchess of Sutherland'

This chart will be updated every Sunday afternoon subject to availability of data

For the record, my vote would be for Express Passenger Blue! :D

• RMweb Gold

gotta be green for me, prefer the LMS Crimson Lake, but hey it's going back to that anyway

Nah, I hear Mr. Branson is placing an awful lot of votes for Virgin Trains livery :rolleyes:

If she is going to be LMS Crimson Lake after the first 12 months why is that livery in the vote? Shouldn't BR Maroon be there as well? I don't think she carried it but for the purpose of the vote it would be nice to have it.

If our chosen livery does not win can we accuse them of rigging the votes? Perhaps the bottom 2 liveries can go into a "paint-off" to decide which goes home with nothing ;)

If two colours come equal they could mix them, so possibly turquoise or purple?

If the loco only ends up hauling the wrong coaches in the wrong liveries, they could paint the Duchess sky-blue with pink fairies for all I care.

If on the other hand it was painted BR green with early crest to haul a full rake of blood & custards or with late crest to haul maroon Mk.I's, then I'll turn out to see the ensemble.B)

• RMweb Gold

I don't give a stuff what colour this loco ends up being painted - but I do applaud the novel way of involving the enthusiasts and raising funds at the same time. When times are not great, that sort of lateral thinking will sort the preservation wheat from the chaff.

1946 straw-lined black. We don't see that type of livery demonstrated in preservation often enough.

BR blue would be my second choice.

Definitely- as much as I like Crimson Lake, I though 'Sutherland' looked magnificent in '46 black recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KWnXNycpHI

http://www.flickr.com/photos/don_gartside_railway_photography/4930997855/

The paintbox has numerous as yet untouched choices.....

Experimental LNWR lined black

Experimental Prussian Blue with LNWR lining

To be strictly accurate (pedant mode) this loco never carried wartime black, and only ever carried LMS lake, LMS postwar lined black, BR 1949-52 blue and BR green.

For those that cannot visualise it..... :)

post-6680-0-26914900-1297713148_thumb.jpg

Hey, that's almost Great Eastern blue!

There you are - paint it in full Great Eastern livery, allocate it to Ilford and put it on station pilot duties at Liverpool Street (except that it's all underground now).

Archived