Rail Express - March 2011

Peter Kazmierczak

My subscription copy just arrived. Contained within the packaging was the magazine and an A2 sized poster with 60011 in DBS livery at Gossington (2011) on one side and 47703 in Scotrail livery passing Eastfield depot (1987). Don't know if this is subscriber only or not.

Main articles in the magazine -

Speedlink Casualties - Misc Chemical wagons

Part 1 of a guide to the First Scotrail franchise

Article on Egyptian railways

Modelling - Bachmann 105 detailing

History of the Class 105

Modellers guide to Sectorisation Parcels Trains

Modelling - Newspaper van to TPO stowage coach

Review of DC Kits TPO kits

Andy B)

edit - just noticed the yellow flash in the top corner of the cover reading "Now 100 pages + FREE POSTER" so I assume the poster comes with the shop copies as well

My subscription copy just arrived. Contained within the packaging was the magazine and an A2 sized poster with 60011 in DBS livery at Gossington (2011) on one side and 47703 in Scotrail livery passing Eastfield depot (1987). Don't know if this is subscriber only or not.

Andy B)

No poster with the online version :(

is there many shots of trains in scotland in this issue and if so what?

i always think that there is not enough but i am scottish so would say that!

Yep, plenty of Scottish location pics including the A3 poster. It is an 8 page feature and even includes a page of Scotrail maps. In fact far too many Scottish pics for my liking, but then I'm not Scottish so would say that. ;) :P

The modellers guide to sectorisation parcels trains is another in the series of helpful train type articles with plenty of sample formations.

But I was quite surprised to see this issue drop through the letter box so early in the month.

G.

Hello

Picked mine up from the shops to day. It does come with the poster and 'The Modellers guide to Sectorisation Parcels Trains' is very good if you have a small layout you can model a 47 with a NEX and NSX or a full rake :rolleyes: I did like the next page with the DMU's I jut wish Bachmann would do a Parcel DMU in the Royal mail livery.

Ant

I haven't seen a copy yet, as I gave up my subscription last year - I only now buy when something takes my fancy. However, at the weekend I was looking through some back issues, and there was a Modeller's Guide to Sectorisation Parcel Trains in March 2008. Does this new version add much?

Chris

Hello Chris

I had a look at March 2009 it is about Parcel trains and GUV's this issue is slightly different it is on TPO train formations from 1986-1991, The rail express system TPO's from 1991-1996 and DMU/EMU parcel formations from 1986-1996.

I have had a look between the 2 magazines it doesn’t seem to have duplicated any train formations.

Ant

• RMweb Premium

I was looking through some back issues, and there was a Modeller's Guide to Sectorisation Parcel Trains in March 2008. Does this new version add much?

The current issue contains part two of the 2008 article - plenty of TPO formations together with DMU/EMU based parcels units. I'm now hoping that the 105 gets reduced to N gauge some time soon!

Perhaps for the first time ever, my local WHS has Rail Express in stock before Model Rail. Well done REx!

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Archived