Netherton Junction

Dudley Dodger

Well, I'm going to build a station layout which will be, as I've mentioned elsewhere, A cross between Bridgnorth and Bewdley that operates like New street. But with single track working. I'm not likely to update this often, and I'm using it for my DofE Bronze Skill. I'll not begin for a while, but I've planned it out. I think.

It's gooing to be somewhere along rail link between Wolverhampton High level and Stourbridge, Somewhere around the Netherton area. I know it never happened, but it's a model, so I'll do as I please.

It'll have 3 platforms, two of which will have an A and B. The one'll be for expresses from Stafford to Oxford another for railcar shuttles to Merry Hill and Smethwick, and then another for services on the line. There'll also be a TMD on site.

Here's a basic plan (attached) and also, How do you make a blog?

• RMweb Premium

I like the idea / plan, will be watching with interest....Being a midlands man myself i like it when people come up with midland based layouts.

I must say i do like your signature at the bottem of the page about getting a direct train from Wolverhapton to Walsall, think they have forgot about the triangle at Darlaston / Pleck Jc into Walsall........

Cheers

Anthony

• 1 month later...

Blowers Green Station, previously Dudley Southside and Netherton

Hi, I thought you might be interested in this station, as it had a junction to the Bumble Hole line to old hill as well as an industrialsiding to Grazebrooks. As you can see if you visit the link I posted the booking office and track bed are still in place and from the bridge you can see into the Dudley tunnel. Sorry if this is old news to you, but seemed to fit with what you were suggesting.

John.

A question, of opinion really. Should I base it in A) 85 when there's merry hill and half modern stock or

B) 64 when no lines in dudley have yet closed, all of the interesting diesels are invented and none withdrawn, the colliery was still about and the diesels I want are availible in green livery.

Also, does anyone have a book which says what the railbus/car was that they used on the bumble hole line?

• 2 weeks later...

A question, of opinion really. Should I base it in A) 85 when there's merry hill and half modern stock or

B) 64 when no lines in dudley have yet closed, all of the interesting diesels are invented and none withdrawn, the colliery was still about and the diesels I want are availible in green livery.

Also, does anyone have a book which says what the railbus/car was that they used on the bumble hole line?

I have a copy of Ned Williams Railways of Dudley book which has a lot of info on blowers green and the bumble hole line. I think there is a picture of a railcar on the line, i'll have a look and let you know. Ned himself would be worth contacting, he sourced a copy of the book for me and personally delivered it to my house! He is a model railway enthusiast himself and I'm sure would be happy to give help and advice if you got in touch.

John.

Archived