Sandite 121 louvres

Ressaldar

Hi all,

I'm seeking detail photos of the Class 121s as part of their Sandite reconfiguration. Especially those of the louvred panelsone that replaced the window and the one below that (any information regarding sizes would also be very helpful) together with any showing 'below the solebar' detail.

tregards

Mike

Mike, I know Aylesbury is a bit of a journey from the Wirral, but the Sandite units are stabled in a siding alongside the island platform there and the station staff are OK with polite requests for access and photography. Once there, you can inspect and take all the detail shots you require.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

just to say that the postman delivered a nice surprise today, a reply from Chiltern Railways, not only my floor plan suitably marked up, but also a CD with some nice internal shots of the equipment but also the drivers control desk as well. A big thank you to the staff at Aylesbury Depot.

I've updated my master drawing so I will have yet another project on the go shortly - when the layout is sufficiently advanced to need something to test the wiring.

regards

Mike

Archived