Bachmann pre-announcement thread

reevesthecat

This from Hattons round robin email earlier today:

Bachmann (and Graham Farish) have made an announcement about new products over the weekend, and we hope to have these available to pre-order in around a weeks time. They will be added our system and the prices set as soon as possible.

Have we missed something? Or have they just got their words a bit muddled there.

hi

well everyone is having a go so why not?

I dont think there will be loads of new items but as said before lots of repaints & slight variations.

Bachmann have done us proud over the last few year so i say thank you.

Now if i was in charge

Scottish class 24

another early dmu

modern dmu

Class 13 shunter only one powered 12 wheel pick up and room to fit a good speaker in so we can hear it?

A couple of modern wagons

A bayer garrett

j50

Scenecraft modullar bridges (few shapes & sizes that can link together)

freightliner static gantry crane

few more depot buildings

And the biggie a O gauge ready built plastic injected steam engine????? (Black 5)

Well i have edged my bets so i must get at least one right?

Hugh

on the N-Gauge front, I realisitcally expect to see MK2a although I would prefer MK2b and MK2c

And of course the rest of the daytime MK1s that are missing.

Wagon stock OTAs using the OCA chassis

and really sticking my neck out, an N-Gauge Pendelino. Dapol have now put their's on the back burner and I really do not believe that the one firm does not speak to the other - Bachmann surprised us with the Blue Pullman despite years of non-denial denial so anything is possible

we shall see

My one and only post on this matter, I would predict/hope for:

Hawksworth Pannier,

4F (fast tracked to beat the Hornby re-hash)

Std 77xxx Mogul.

Still hoping for a 'universal' industrial tank - Peckett 0-4-0 or similar. Equally a sentinel 0-4-0 or 0-6-0 diesel would be fantastic.

Class 71 Southern electric.

Neal

Personally, I'd be very surprised to see any new AC EMUs for a good while yet.

As far as DMUs are concerned, I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see a 104 or a 101 (though an original Met-Cam Lightweight would be nice...). But I reckon a racing certainty must be a Class 105 power twin. Bodyshell already extant and a fairly long prototype service must count in it's favour. Pretty much any layout set around the north-west between 1958 and the 1980s could justify at least one example.

I've no idea what might be on the agenda, but the GW 4-4-0 is almost a certainty in the next year or two - if not this year. Haven't Bachmann almost said as much already? I wouldn't have thought that the differences between the Cities and the other variants - Dukedogs, Bulldogs, Dukes, etc are so great as to be a major obstacle. Bird Series/Flowers had deeper frames, some early locos had curved frames/footplates, there were a number of boiler variations also. I'm no production engineer, but given the modern approach of providing a suite of tools, careful "modular" design could open up a wide range of variations.

I'd like to see the "Stanier Crab" in the LMS lineup, an updated B1/V2 would seem sensible along with the Ivatt 2-6-2T.

Further First Generation DMUs would interest me as would further pre-grouping locos - a Claughton or Southern or Easter Atlantics. A GW 42/72xx would be good, along with a 47xx.

We shall soon see,

Colin

This from Hattons round robin email earlier today:

Have we missed something? Or have they just got their words a bit muddled there.

That one confused me too! They wouldn't have been sent the lists already would they?

A class 59 would be good, as would a DRS 20/3. I'm hoping that the 450 will be announced at some point too!

Sorry guy's and gals.........

For all those who want Air-Con Mk2 coaches, I have been reminded of a conversation that I personally had with an individual at the Ally Pally show a few years ago, when I asked politely if we could have some Air-Con Mk2's please ?

Admittedly, I didn't realise how different the tooling requirement would be to produce these, but the gentleman told me in no uncertain terms that "you'll have to buy the Hornby ones" !

The same gentleman wasn't so dissmissive however when the Class 59 was mentioned, he just looked away sheepishly. This was a couple of years ago now........

I'm not hopeful for the Mk2's.........unless Bachmann have a different outlook now ?

Dave

My BR(WR) wish list (all 00 gauge) would be:

(1) a plain green late crest 82xx 2-6-2T,

(2) a late crest 16xx 0-6-0PT

(3) a black early crest Dukedog

(4) a black late crest 42xx/72xx

(5) Collet coaches

Others:

(1) Swindon 3 car DMU's

(2) Trans Pennine DMU

(3) Adams Radial Tank

(4) breakdown train

(5) double track tunnel/bridge

I'd be very surprised if there were no coaches to run with the Modelzone TPOs as they have sold rather well. Mk 1 sleeper coaches would be very welcome but I'm not sure that they would be a big seller, do the Hornby Mk3 versions sell in large quantity's? A re-livery I'd like to see would be the Mk1 Pullman in West coast Railway livery, I think there could be quite a large market for these for modern based layouts with a bit of main line steam.

Bachmann have said that if they produce it in OO gauge then they would produce it in N and vice-versa, therefore a class 14 diesel must be a possibility and hopefully cheaper than the Heljan/Hattons version.

I think if a modern emu is produced rather than the ElectroStar family I think SouthWest Trains class 450 Desiro emu is more likely to follow on from their already announced Silverlink/Central/LM Class 350? I think the coach types are common to both units - the fittings such as lack of a pantograph on a 450 being the major difference.

The 450 is an iconic unit for anyone modelling the SWD in the present day.

An outside choice could be a 4BEP- this requiring the production of the catering car. A potentially cheap solution could involve selling the TRB on its own with the modeller inserting it into an already owned 4CEP in place of the TS.

A few biased opinions

Medium SIzed SR Goods Engine

U Class

Q Class

Other Locos

Retooled Ivatt 2 2-6-2

GWR 1367

GWR 15xx

BR 117 DMU

BR 121/122 DMU

Retooled Manor

Coaches

Retooled Bulleids

SR push Pull Stock

Scene Craft

Southern Buildings possibly ex LSWR station buildings etc

Clay dries and other facilities

Hi johnathan452

Not seen the newly re-tooled Class 03 released towards the end of last year?

I apologise! It was about 2:30am when I wrote in :mellow: I temporarily forgot about the 03 and 04... sorry Bachmann! I logged off shortly after and it crossed my mind I had missed these two - doh!

My original train of thought (excuse the pun :rolleyes: ) was the other shunters, such as 01, 02, 05, 06 and 07. The 01 and 02 may be quite long shots, though I feel that the 05 and 06 may have a higher popularity and hence likelihood of being offered. The 07 would be a personal favourite. Also the PWM range of shunters, though I gather they all differ in many ways; so again, a long shot!

One other possible retool may be the 24/1 class - by which I mean the ones with headcode boxes. I would like to see DRS 20s or even EPS 3760x locos.

EMUs - the Wessex Electric - now there are at least a few liveries.

Now, just for a tease... underground trains? Though I suspect there may be other reasons why these may not come to fruition.

But, for all the 33 owners... a 4TC :D Surely there would be enough call for these?

Cheers,

Ixion.

My original train of thought (excuse the pun :rolleyes: ) was the other shunters, such as 01, 02, 05, 06 and 07. The 01 and 02 may be quite long shots, though I feel that the 05 and 06 may have a higher popularity and hence likelihood of being offered. The 07 would be a personal favourite. Also the PWM range of shunters, though I gather they all differ in many ways; so again, a long shot!

I had a look through information on these classes, and my feeling is that whilst an 05 would be able to use a similar chassis to the one developed for the 03 (which in turn with new wheels I feel is a certainty to appear under the 04 at some point) the 02 and 07 are the more long-lived and widespread locomotives. It would also allow an NRM special edition of D2860 for their special release this year. Of the two I would personally think the 07 would be more likely as a gut feeling. (07001 in HNRC colours for a Salford based micro layout?) I suspect the 06 could be seen as too much of a risk given kits are available and Hornby produce a basic top on a generic warp-speed X04 chassis.

I still think that a new chassis under the existing B1 model would be an obvious choice. It isn't a spoiler, as they have been producing that B1 for years. They could see it as the start of their own version of a budget range and hoover up all the people who either want to detail the model themselves, or just aren't too bothered about a mass of fiddly bits that would only break off over time anyway with handling/running. Aren't Bachmann on record as saying that it was their intention to gradually upgrade all the split chassis models in their range anyway?

I've had a think about wagons, and the HTO/HTV hopper springs to mind as an ubiquitous example that has yet to see model form. By the same token a decent MDO/MDV wouldn't go amiss, and could command similar sales potential to the 16t mineral which (by my count) has managed to clock up nearly 60 different versions released for those people who really cannot be bothered to renumber a model!

• RMweb Premium

A Greene King, please.

Pint? B)

What chance a 4Bep? Only one new tool required. And away from rolling stock some RtP structures (which are quite easy to adapt with a touch of paint and detail) which are drawn from areas other than the industrial north.

• RMweb Gold

Like others, I too would like to see more AC locos anounced, but as previously said, it will all probably lie down to the success of their Class 85. One AC loco which would seem to be a wise choice is the Class 92, as it seems to fit into the 'Southern' region frenzy and also it can be seen as far as Scotland.

I would also like to see is the Class 180, not a very big class in terms of numbers, but again it has had quite a varied life with the different operators and routes it has operated on.

A new Mk3 coach wouldn't go amist either to keep inline with the Hornby Mk3 DVT and it wouldn't be the most the difficult vehicle to obtain, as they seem to have their very own! Now thats worth a thought :lol:

Cheers

Chris

A V2 shaped V2 with DCC chassis would be nice.

S15 or H15 for the Southern (I always thought Hornby would be odds on for this, but Bachmann's recent track record of making "ordinary" types makes me wonder if they might have a go at it).

ER 0-6-0 - I'll say J27 because it's the one of most use to me, but any would suffice.

DMU - Class 101 at a guess, Possibly also a cross country type (Class number escapes me but the thing with split headcodes and corridor fittings on the end).

Class "B" Tankwagon (as per the type represented by the Dapol kit)

EMU - I'd go with the suggestion of the 450 and the 4-BEP

**Listens to howls of laughter in the direction of Barwell**

Archived