Mine arrived safely, I've had a quick look through, but not had chance for a full investigate yet! Why do people insist on organising things for me to go to when I've got modelling to do!

Having said that, I'm in no rush, as I want it to run nicely!

Looking forward to having a crack at it though!

Cheers

J

• 5 weeks later...

Afternoon all, iv created my own transfers for the Harrogate Gas Works Peckett & Drewry engines, if anyones interested im happy to email the word file over so you can print your own, just drop me a message. Files are office 10 or can pdf. The background is matched to humbrol prussian blue and my own blend of green for the Peckett but should be simple to change and match to your own colours.

Hope this is of use to someone.

Cheers

James

Ps RT any news on Barber dare i ask...?

post-5804-0-79068100-1529853482_thumb.jpg

Edited by jessy1692
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I received an order yesterday. Some etched parts for a Pannier and some lamp irons.

Lovely quality parts. Recommended.

Rob.

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just really busy at the minute, was planning on visiting Warley exhibition on Saturday but now on standby for the railways. Will try for Sunday unless I'm called out.

In theory next week is quiet for me so can catch up with orders better.

As Mozzer has mentioned, an additional vehicle has been invested on finance to assist the railways when there's problems and is proving very useful as it can transport 100 people seated, built for Hong Kong originally.

post-8628-0-01208300-1543008239_thumb.jpeg

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

It is a huge beast, the first ever bus/ coach in Shropshire to have up to 100 seats.

The grab rails are to deflect the trees from taking out the front windows, some of the rail replacement routes I do you need them!

No Warley exhibition for me tomorrow as I'm on standby again for the railways unless I get a run to Birmingham International? My days litrally change by the minute.

Edited by RThompson

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

This will probably as a surprise but to some others it will not who I have spoken to.

I've decided I will be shutting the RT Models website down after December 19th 2018.

Why am I doing this?

I struggle at times to keep up with orders due to me driving and maintaining buses, especially at the moment where a lot is going wrong on the railways so I'm out almost everyday at the moment.

This is why I say on the website please note it can take up to 28 days (and some cases longer tbh) because there's so much to do.

I have caught up with orders now bar a few.

I need a break and this is the only way I will get one, the website may reopen after a couple of weeks, it may be a couple of months? I don't know, I will see how I feel.

I will try to do some exhibitions in 2019 as I only did one this year.

I would like to thank those who have ordered from me for their custom and for their patience and understanding.

Edited by RThompson

We will miss you, but in the circumstances you describe I am sure you are doing the right thing. Sometimes, through no fault of our own, we reach a point where something just has to give, and the ability to recognise that, and do something about it in a rational way, is invaluable. Speaking as someone who failed miserably to respond in a sensible fashion when such a situation hit me, I applaud you. We will miss you, and please hasten back, but not before you feel truly refreshed and ready to reenter the fray. Please also remember that 'fallow' periods can be incredibly productive, and there is nothing the unconscious mind loves more than to ponder favoured matters while its 'higher' counterpart is occupied elsewhere. You may well find the rail networks chaos leads idc to exciting new model developments!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Arthur,

I will still be taking orders up to the 19th and try to get them out before Christmas.

I just need a break for a bit, so will return in the new year and try to do more exhibitions this year.

I will be using the down time to do some modelling when I'm not driving.

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 1

Guest teacupteacup

I have a Sentinel steam loco kit to build, which will be my first etched kit, my friend who has been building kits for yonks has said that the design and quality of your etches are the best he has seen.  I've used your Sentinel diesel side skirts for the Hornby model and Im very pleased with them, they transform the look of the loco.

Hope to see you back in due course!

I had better put in a small order in that case then...

Hopefully you can get some R&R and get started again soon.

With a bit of luck we may even see some Ironstone dump cars at some point too  :sungum:  (no rush though, I have plenty of other bits to keep me occupied..)

Paul A. 

Robert,

a brief note of thanks for your excellent service, particularly under the circumstances you have described on here recently : goods ordered on line late Sunday night and received first thing this morning.  Very much appreciated; thank you again.

Wishing you a blessed, peaceful Christmas and best wishes for the future.

Paul

• Like 1