• 2 weeks later...

1158754902_PeckettIronstoneP1050brassdome.jpg.7665aa7f71ed2904977d67c9fc4387c3.jpg 

I've never been entirely happy with my W4 (masquerading as R1 class P1050/07!) until now. Upgraded with the Rt models safety valve arms and steam dome which set it off much nicer than the plastic-looking Hornby offering. Very nice quality castings. I soldered the arms to the dome and then removed excess solder with a brass wire pen. The remaining bits of visible solder where touched over with Phoenix "brass" enamel paint.

Paul A.  

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

I should have another batch of W4 domes back in stock shortly as I sold out a few weeks ago.

I'm hoping to resume packing orders when I return at the weekend from working away on pre planned work but with the way things are going on the railways I might be out everyday again working long hours so please bear with me.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, johndon said:

5 of the, modified with a full buffer bean rather than dumb buffers, RT Models tipper wagons that I've built:

Oooh they looks good, do the sides or bodies move or are they fixed in their respective positions? Eyeing up using RT Models Vee Skip or MSC Tipper for a forthcoming project and would like to unload them somehow - which may be using magnets and lifting the loads out in the privacy unloading shed!

Thanks
Ralf

36 minutes ago, Ralf said:

Oooh they looks good, do the sides or bodies move or are they fixed in their respective positions? Eyeing up using RT Models Vee Skip or MSC Tipper for a forthcoming project and would like to unload them somehow - which may be using magnets and lifting the loads out in the privacy unloading shed!

Thanks Ralf, they are fixed in position.

John

• Thanks 1

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I ordered a loco kit from RTmodels over 4 weeks ago, and haven't had any acknowledgement or reply, despite several emails. The kit was paid for via Paypal, so I'm somewhat concerned that I'll lose the £95.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Sojourner said:

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I ordered a loco kit from RTmodels over 4 weeks ago, and haven't had any acknowledgement or reply, despite several emails. The kit was paid for via Paypal, so I'm somewhat concerned that I'll lose the £95.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Just a little reassurance, I received some 'bits' from RT Models this morning, these were ordered at the end of December.  

Good luck,   Ian

Edited by Staffordshire

Thanks for the info - I just need to know that my order is "safe", I appreciate that the man has a full time job - but it would have been nice to get a quick confirmation email. I'm not in a hurry, and don't mind how long it takes.

Edited by Sojourner
  • Friendly/supportive 1

53 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Thanks for the info - I just need to know that my order is "safe", I appreciate that the man has a full time job - but it would have been nice to get a quick confirmation email. I'm not in a hurry, and don't mind how long it takes.

If he took the time to email everyone then he wouldnt have any time to sort the orders out would he, RT Models is a (not so) small sideline which he is doing when not at work and obviously the day job comes first.

Typing in bold is just plain rude.

Edited by royaloak
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Steady now, I think Sojourner is understandably concerned as would anyone who has handed over the cash but not yet received the item. I don't think Sojourner has been rude by chasing it up. We all know and appreciate RT has a full time job.

I personally have had nothing but good experiences buying from RT, Sojourner, so I think he will come through for you.

Please don't jump on Sojourner, RoyalOak, emails such as this take less than a minute to write and send and good communications are part of running a business. You and I know RT is a busy man but Sojourner wasn't to know, hence the concern.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Sojourner said:

You said you had paid by PayPal.  Have you checked their information to see how your payment is protected, to perhaps answer your concerns? Doing that might put your mind at rest?  Of course you might have done that.

I think it was maybe last year that the owner of RT suggested that his work commitments were such that  he was going to pause, or stop altogether, the model making sideline?  That seemed to have passed, just from watching this thread, but maybe he has another busy spell at his day job or pressing family commitments.  I am sure doing both jobs must be pretty onerous and would think all would agree his day job and any family issues come first.

We have seen before that negative comments can lead to small manufacturers questioning their continued activities, and I would not like to see RT, or others, consider that.

I hope that you get what you ordered in due course.  As you said, you are not in a rush for it.

ps.  typing in bold is perceived to be the equivalent of “shouting” online.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Corbs said:

Please don't jump on Sojourner, RoyalOak, emails such as this take less than a minute to write and send and good communications are part of running a business. You and I know RT is a busy man but Sojourner wasn't to know, hence the concern.

Concern is fine, but bold text looks unnecessarily aggressive - possibly not what is intended but we can only go on what we see.

Writing e-mails might only take a minute once you are sat at a computer and looking at the order. Getting to that stage is longer, and not something you want Robert doing while he drives a bus! I know he's been very busy recently, but will try getting in touch to see if we can get this resolved.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, 26power said:

typing in bold is perceived to be the equivalent of “shouting” online.

Really? I thought that was ALL CAPS. 

I perceive it as emphasis, rather than rudeness.

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Writing e-mails might only take a minute once you are sat at a computer and looking at the order. Getting to that stage is longer, and not something you want Robert doing while he drives a bus! I know he's been very busy recently,

But 4 weeks is a long time to hear nothing. If my customers had to wait that long, I wouldn't get the repeat business.

Edited by truffy
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Writing e-mails might only take a minute once you are sat at a computer and looking at the order. Getting to that stage is longer, and not something you want Robert doing while he drives a bus! I know he's been very busy recently, but will try getting in touch to see if we can get this resolved.

You're right there - when you're out and about it can often be difficult to get into the headspace to do admin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

Auto-responders are a thing...

They let the customer know that you have received their order, even if you can't act on it straight away. 

Edited by billbedford
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, truffy said:

Really? I thought that was ALL CAPS. 

I perceive it as emphasis, rather than rudeness.

You are right about the all caps and I might be a bit wrong about bold equalling shouting, however it did seem a bit “attention seeking”.  Also, not sure how bold can be emphasis when the whole post is in bold.  Anyway, not important in the context of the enquiry and subsequent responses.

• Like 1

Oh, gosh, I hadn't even realised I'd typed in BOLD text, for chrissake. Yes, of course it's supposed to be aggressive, but for heavens sake, what a lot of fuss about nothing. I was just concerned that my order had been "recognised", and a simple 30second response would have alleviated my worries. Yes, we know the man has a "stressful" fulltime job - well so do I - but either he wants to run a small business or he doesn't. Surely  it's only courtesy to reply - I sent the order and money over 4 weeks ago, so am understandably worried that he could have even gone out of business.

And thanks for the positive replies.

• Like 2