• RMweb Gold

Hello

This section letsyou know of any developments and releases from myself.

The range varies from 2mm scale to 7mm scale covering a wide range of periods, areas and gauges as well as mainline, light railway and industrial.

The range also includes the former manufacturers ranges

Bal models

Clarke kits

Albert Goodall

Regards Robert

RT Models

Www.rtmodels.co.uk

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Any idea as to what will be appearing? ;) Its a lovely range and when I've finaaly got some money I'll definitely put an order in for some of the steelwroks wagons!

m0rris

Hi Morris, i don't like to say too much as to what i'm doing in advance as they may not always be on schedule as planned for various reasons, one at the moment is work!

• RMweb Gold

I recently purchased a number of RT's simple little etches for Hornby air smoothed WC/BB cylinder drain cocks and have fitted them to my fleet, which also by attaching them to the front steps as well as the cylinders has the advantage of making the front steps less likey to be knocked off the model.

I would also say that the service was great taking only two days from ordering to arriving in the post.

I don't currently have any pictures on the Hornby models yet, but have a shot of them fitted to one of my Kit built Merchant Navy's.

post-243-0-47703400-1299141797_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I would also say that the service was great taking only two days from ordering to arriving in the post.

That was slow! my last order arrived within 24hrs! (though I guess the PO should take some credit for that).

• RMweb Gold

Its luck of the draw when you order due to the various shifts i do although i do my best to post asap, i'm sure you can guess what my job is! ;)

Sometimes i won't be able to get to the post office for days due to the times i work, that time you ordered Kenton would have been when i was having a day off and i don't get many of them!

That was slow! my last order arrived within 24hrs! (though I guess the PO should take some credit for that).

• RMweb Gold

Just to show how effective the West County . Battle of Britain etches from Robert are hereis a picture taken at the weekend on my layout Fisherton Sarum. perhaps a further devolpment for these might be to do a combined drain pipe / front step etch to strenthen the front steps too as these can be very to knock off.

post-243-0-13856000-1299487870_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Everyone,

just a quick note that i will be releasing at the narrow gauge at rainford, merseyside on saturday 9th april a new range of 4mm scale, 009 gauge wagon couplings and loops to suit my 009 gauge wagon kits and some of the old Bal models kits as well.

I won't have the 009 gauge Harrogate Gasworks Peckett ready for the show as hoped, (been a bad few weeks for me) but should have a largely completed example on display.

Some of the wagon kits have also had new moulds made so the quality of the castings is better and the NGWK003 generic slate rubbish wagon has been modified to aid in drilling out the axle boxes as well as improved castings.

Regards Robert

RT Models

The website

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

just got to send the drawing off the week after to alter the brake pull rods and that should be it, everything else is spot on. Havn't got much time on my hands recently so everythings going a lot slower.

Regards Robert

RT Models

Hi, just like to add thanks for the quick delivery on the harrogate gas works drewry kit, the jackshaft extenion looks and works brilliantly, pleasently surprised how easy it was to covert the bachman 08 chassis, was a bit hesitant to fiddle with something so small but glad i did!

Cant wait for the Harrogate Gas Works pecket to come along, saw pics in your gallery just before fotpic went down, looks impressive! Have you plans for a Barber kit in the pipeline? The currnt chassis kits seems to suggest so....

All the best

James

• RMweb Gold

Thats ok James.

On saturday i was showing people at the Rainford narrowgauge show the jackshaft conversion as well as outside cylinder conversion for the N gauge outside framed 08 chassis, quite a few people was surprised at how easy it was without making any modifications to the chassis itself.

I know one person borrowed my chattenden drewy for testing on a layout and they was surprised at how well it works dispite the motor not liking the feedback controller.

The peckett was meant to be released at that show but with the way things have been going at the moment i've not had the time to get it finished and only had a partly completed version on show which again alot of people was interested in it.

Barber is the next 009 gauge loco to be done after the peckett.

If you wanted wagons to match these Harrogate Gas Works locos, narrowplanet will be doing the wagons at some point, i know he has some basic test etches done already.

With my websites gallery page i'm currently looking at other providers if i dare trust them as another has disappeared as well or will try ways on my website as well although it actually would take longer to load new images up.

Hi, just like to add thanks for the quick delivery on the harrogate gas works drewry kit, the jackshaft extenion looks and works brilliantly, pleasently surprised how easy it was to covert the bachman 08 chassis, was a bit hesitant to fiddle with something so small but glad i did!

Cant wait for the Harrogate Gas Works pecket to come along, saw pics in your gallery just before fotpic went down, looks impressive! Have you plans for a Barber kit in the pipeline? The currnt chassis kits seems to suggest so....

All the best

James

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all,

a very quick note that the website has just been updated and now features the 4mm scale etched couplings designed for most of my wagon kits as well as the former Bal Models wagon kits also.

Also the first graham farish outside framed class 08 chassis scale drawing is now available, this one features the jackshaft drive.

Also a order form is now available for those that wish to order by post.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

sorry if you see the same messages crop up elsewhere but sometimes some people miss such relevent stuff on other topics which they may be asking about.

Regards Robert

http://www.rtmodels.co.uk

• RMweb Gold

Yes you are right Kenton about the Gallery link as Fotopic has ceased to exist, it would require removing every the button from every page and there is quite a few so its been left as I am exploring other sources and ideas at the moment but havn't had much time to do so.

The menu link to Gallery produces a 404 error - still going to fotopic

also couldn't find the couplongs listed - might be just me that one. Found!

Yes you are right Kenton about the Gallery link as Fotopic has ceased to exist, it would require removing every the button from every page and there is quite a few so its been left as I am exploring other sources and ideas at the moment but haven't had much time to do so.

I don't understand why you need to use any external host when you have your own domain host. Surely you could just add your images to your own site and link to them there. I certainly wouldn't waste time with an externally hosted site.

Also the menu should be easy to alter (even if it is coded many times !!) a good program text editor should enable you to search and replace every page in your site. A link to a blank page with "coming soon" is much better than a 404 error

I guess also it depends on just how much of the site is being built by yourself and what web design / programming skills are available to you or if you are paying someone else to do it.

Images can add up to a lot of bandwidth, and that can easily cost a lot of money. Using an external free image host removes that cost.

You need one heck of a load of images before most hosts who allow full domain name use start charging you for extra bandwidth.

Bandwidth is also a factor of the number of visitors and a few other things.

On Loco Shed Index we have well over 1000 images and get approx 6000 unique visits per month, with an average page load of just over 4 - we have not yet had additional bandwidth charges.

I doubt if RT Models site has anywhere near that hit rate.

Using external image hosts has many additional complications not least of which is the loss of content control and often their insistence on advert streaming - a subject that is likely to get up your visitor's nose and make them reluctant to use the site or to add it to their blocked listings.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Lots to add here

Also available after 1 year is the former clarke kits Stanton Slag ladle wagon

Wagon kits

This has been updated with etches

The skinningrove wagon is now available as only one wagon without loads, this gives people the chance to add what they want.

Also the gallery page has been done in-house, this will takes ages to do but i will get there eventually, not as quick to do as the Fotopic was!

There is another chassis kit being made available soon in 4mm scale, the Ruston DS48

A very simple fold up chassis with brake gear

There is more coming up soon in other gauges but will announce nearer the time.

Regards Robert

RT Models

• Like 1