• RMweb Gold

Merry Christmas to you Robert and here's to a better 2021 all round.

Thanks for continuing to produce brilliant products with RT over this past year. 

Really appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Mark 

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd keep you all updated with current developments as once again I now have free time on my hands with lack of work.

About to be sent off shortly is the etches and patterns for in 4mm 009 gauge.

Thomas green HGW Barber and Masham 0-6-2ST

Kerr Stuart Skylark chassis kit

4mm scale 00/EM/P4 Ironstone dump car.

Hopefully this will be the last etch revision.

There is also going to be at least one brand new NG loco kit in 7mm scale which I will reveal once the test etch is built.

It is planned to offer the 7mm scale locos with and without motor/gearbox/wheel packs.

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

18 hours ago, RThompson said:

Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd keep you all updated with current developments as once again I now have free time on my hands with lack of work.

About to be sent off shortly is the etches and patterns for in 4mm 009 gauge.

Thomas green HGW Barber and Masham 0-6-2ST

Kerr Stuart Skylark chassis kit

4mm scale 00/EM/P4 Ironstone dump car.

Hopefully this will be the last etch revision.

There is also going to be at least one brand new NG loco kit in 7mm scale which I will reveal once the test etch is built.

It is planned to offer the 7mm scale locos with and without motor/gearbox/wheel packs.

Evening RT, that is music to my ears! Will be ordering Barber for sure and may even jump in for Masham. Hope all is well with you? You certainly have just cheered me right up with this update! Thanks @Jon4470 for the heads up.

Awaiting release with baited breath.

All the best

James

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jessy1692 said:

Evening RT, that is music to my ears! Will be ordering Barber for sure and may even jump in for Masham. Hope all is well with you? You certainly have just cheered me right up with this update! Thanks @Jon4470 for the heads up.

Awaiting release with baited breath.

All the best

James

@RThompson as an aside, what sort of time frames do etches & mouldings take? Just curious really so absolutely no pressure. If it ready when it's ready that is fine with me.

I have a chassis for Barber in stock so thinking about starting the ebay hunt for one for Masham that's all.

Cheers

James

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, jessy1692 said:

@RThompson as an aside, what sort of time frames do etches & mouldings take? Just curious really so absolutely no pressure. If it ready when it's ready that is fine with me.

I have a chassis for Barber in stock so thinking about starting the ebay hunt for one for Masham that's all.

Cheers

James

A couple of weeks for castings once the patterns are sent.

Etches, that is a good question these days.

It could be a couple of weeks, it could be a couple of months and that's in the hope they haven't shut down during lockdown once again.

It's hard to believe how much it impacts a business once one of your core suppliers shuts or slows right down.

Edited by RThompson
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

18 minutes ago, RThompson said:

It could be a couple of weeks, it could be a couple of months and that's in the hope they haven't shut down during lockdown once again.

It's hard to believe how much it impacts a business once one of your core suppliers shuts or slows right down.

Thanks RT, funds are primed so once they are ready I'll be straight on it. They'll take as long as they take, just so glad you have taken the time to make a kit. I never thought I'd be able to make the 'Harrogate gas works quartet' without your efforts so I'm hugely appreciative. Really, really looking forward to Barber being available!

Fingers crossed it won't be too long. Again, no rush at all, just really excited  with this news!

All the best.

James

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RThompson said:

I’m definitely  ready to order a Barber! Guess I’ll have to start looking for a chassis though:D

Jon

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Following Brexit, like many others I had stopped selling to Europe due to doubts in the system.

I will now once again sell to European countries.

Please make sure you add the extra postage cost relevant to your country from the home page or if you want international signed for, add this instead from the ordering page.

Of course now you may have to pay import taxes on goods from the UK.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

IMG_20210221_153637.jpg.aab13bd927ef634c65c5ae2bac0b80a2.jpg

Not the best of photos, the etches have arrived this week for existing and lots of new kits/parts.

When I get time next week after catching up with orders, I will test build them and release those that are ok and show those test builds.

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, RThompson said:

IMG_20210221_153637.jpg.aab13bd927ef634c65c5ae2bac0b80a2.jpg

Not the best of photos, the etches have arrived this week for existing and lots of new kits/parts.

When I get time next week after catching up with orders, I will test build them and release those that are ok and show those test builds.

Yes! My payday next week too so as soon as they are ready I'll be ordering! 

Looking forward to seeing the test build come together, fingers crossed all goes well RT.

All the best

James

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone.

Just to show forthcoming releases in 4mm and 7mm scales.

Firstly the 4mm scale 00/EM/P4 Ironstone dump car.

A few more alterations to the test etch has been made.

spacer.png

In 4mm 009 gauge,

Fiji / Queensland Drewry diesel loco kit.

spacer.png

Thomas Green Harrogate gas works Barber

I have done the reverse to what I would normally do and done the etches first then the patterns.

The cab has gone together well.

dsc_6317.jpg

dsc_0014%20barber%20cab.jpg

In 7mm scale, 0-14 and 0-16.5 is 2 drewry loco kits.

These come with their own etched chassis.

First is Chattenden and the other Fiji / Queensland

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 1

On 06/03/2021 at 05:26, RThompson said:

Hello everyone.

Firstly the 4mm scale 00/EM/P4 Ironstone dump car.

A few more alterations to the test etch has been made.

spacer.png

Top notch stuff RT! I've sent you an email with a pre-order for these!

Cheers

James 

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Just to update on things at the moment.

I know there is quite a few orders outstanding as I am waiting for whitemetal castings to arrive for several months, again people are overwhelmed at the minute and theres nothing anyone can do.

Once these plus etches arrive they will be dispatched asap and no one has been forgotton about.

I am trying to get the 4mm scale, narrow gauge Barber patterns finished which is nearly there now.

The saddle tank is dropping due to not having made the boiler pattern for it to rest on.

There is etched overlays for the kit with and without name on the sides.

IMG_20210413_173024.jpg.195d7a7cc00053732620a7151d95f788.jpg

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 hours ago, RThompson said:

Hello everyone,

Just to update on things at the moment.

I know there is quite a few orders outstanding as I am waiting for whitemetal castings to arrive for several months, again people are overwhelmed at the minute and theres nothing anyone can do.

Once these plus etches arrive they will be dispatched asap and no one has been forgotton about.

I am trying to get the 4mm scale, narrow gauge Barber patterns finished which is nearly there now.

The saddle tank is dropping due to not having made the boiler pattern for it to rest on.

There is etched overlays for the kit with and without name on the sides.

IMG_20210413_173024.jpg.195d7a7cc00053732620a7151d95f788.jpg

Great to see an update RT, certainly looks like Barber. Hope you can get castings sorted soon, looking forward to this one and Masham.

All the best

James

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Barber about to be released in a few weeks time as I'm going to invest in the equipment to do the castings myself as nearly 3 months to have a mould made for other stuff is getting silly now and has delayed a lot of orders
There is also a footplate for masham which will come later as I wasnt happy with the cab.
Etches arrive on tuesday.

IMG_20210502_123947.jpg.ce5d2df2918e1472f9763c736088eb73.jpg

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

3 minutes ago, RThompson said:

Barber about to be released in a few weeks time as I'm going to invest in the equipment to do the castings myself as nearly 3 months to have a mould made for other stuff is getting silly now and has delayed a lot of orders
There is also a footplate for masham which will come later as I wasnt happy with the cab.

Excellent news and a few more weeks to wait works well as hopefully I'll be back at my Dads bench to build it. Can't wait.

Thanks for the update

James

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RThompson said:

Really looking forward to building this!

Just got to find an n gauge 08 with outside cranks that isn’t going for silly money! I might have to consider scratchbuilding the chassis.......

Jon

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Sorry I've been quiet the last few months, as some people will know having been seen or spoken to in person whilst at work, it has been a busy time for me.

The 4mm scale, 009 gauge Barber is virtually finished with some small details left to do including a new smokebox door as the original has gone awol.

Shown with barber is the original short lived capped chimney.

Below shown is Masham, with option of open or later closed cab.

The etched for the cab needs revising.

Both come with etched saddle tank overlays, with and without names on the sides.

DSC_0131_1.JPG.c1667b87472fbf427946799c6d4bd97b.JPGDSC_0132_1.JPG.2681c7326b7141ccc9f22da4af770a3d.JPG

I have last week been slowly building the test etch of the 4mm scale, 00/EM/P4 ironstone dump car, theres a mistake with the position of some rivet holes plus I'm going to alter some areas to make it slightly easier to build.

At least I'm getting used to building these and getting my own rake built unintentionally!

The 7mm scale, 0-14 and 0-16.5 drewys are to be reworked on shortly once the wheels arrive to test the chassis's.

These will now come with resin bonnets rather than the original etched ones.

In general a lot of stock has been restocked.

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

IMG_20210813_003923_1.jpg.147a87ffe07836aa0db0f3b71aec3034.jpg

Just a quick update, this is the test build of Barber in 4mm scale, 009 gauge.

Should be finally released by the end of September along with Masham also.

Both come with 2 versions of smokebox doors and barber with 2 versions of chimneys.

Drawings for the final version of the 4mm scale, 00/EM/P4 ironstone dump car has been submitted after some tweaks to make the chassis slightly easier to build.

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Just an update that a new series of 4mm scale narrow gauge locomotive boiler fittings has been added to the website under the 4mm narrow gauge/locomotive detailing parts and has been grouped into locomotive manufacturers on the listing.

4mm scale, 009 gauge Thomas Green 0-6-2ST Barber and Masham should be ready for release at the end of October as the WM and resin castings are stocked up and just need to do the instructions.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...