4 hours ago, RThompson said:

Good evening everyone,

Just an update 4mm scale, 009 gauge Thomas Green Barber and Masham 0-6-2ST will retail for £58 each and will be released towards the end of next week.

Excellent stuff! Just after pay day too, perfect. I best clear the workbench off this week!

All the best 

James

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

I have updated the website now with photos of all shown here in 4mm scale, 009 gauge loco kits and available, however please don't expect a immediate dispatch due to my work and I need to finish the instructions for all 3 kits which is my job in the evenings this week.

Updated photos of the Fiji drewry.

4mm%20scale%20009%20gauge%20h0e%20gauge%

Barber

Masham

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Round of applause 2

34 minutes ago, RThompson said:

Hello everyone,

I have updated the website now with photos of all shown here in 4mm scale, 009 gauge loco kits and available, however please don't expect a immediate dispatch due to my work and I need to finish the instructions for all 3 kits which is my job in the evenings this week.

Updated photos of the Fiji drewry.

Barber

Masham

Brilliant news! Order going in now for Barber! Looking forward to this one, no rush, i completely understand you have your job and do this in-between and I'm very grateful you put your time and skills into making these kits available.

All the best

James

Masham in real life.

42.LeedsWaterWorks_TG.1200dpi.jpg.20cff40bdc2bcc3913b05f83a2fb516e.jpg

The guy on the footplate may welll be the photographer.  Who else would wear a dickie-bow to an industrial locoshed photo shoot?

Part of my 'Old Leeds Locos' photo collection.

NOTE - just noticed a handrail on the upper cab side that doesn't seem to appear on the kit, and the 2 vertical uprights on the cab front.  Later additions after some time in use?

Edited by 5050
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

The top half of the cab is a home made affair which has right angle corners where the bottom has curved corners which has been catered into the kit.

Also the sides are joined to the original weather board which you can see the outline but hasn't been catered for in the kit.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up my Barber kit from the sorting office today, quick read through of the instructions and it looks to be a well thought out kit with comprehensive instructions. Very much looking forward to starting to build it, I best find that 08 chassis I have stashed away now!

Cheers

James

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

available shortly will be lost wax brass scale Chopper couplings which includes the pendulum weight in 4mm scale, 009 gauge and designed to work with the standard type couplings as fitted to 009 and H0e models.

Obviously designed for the new Bachmann double fairlie, these come in 2 versions.

One in NEM version and the other a direct replacement as a whole coupling.

The couplings have been made longer than the original Bachmann versions from feedback with the coupling loops hitting the footplate when coupling up on some types of couplings.

DSC_3304.JPG.91f60fb9acdd43823e8df7dfd71a99ee.JPGDSC_3303.JPG.80729285974aebea63d5d2af9450e666.JPGDSC_3296.JPG.d4efdaff2de5ca213b250a5039474776.JPGDSC_3295.JPG.8f21842f3e066731f97287923a4f780e.JPGDSC_3299.JPG.38e2b0c7d13fb91928d29178b31543bc.JPG DSC_3298.JPG.11b4d03a732dcfdbf4d481986118cf8a.JPG

DSC_3295.JPG

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Down_Under said:

Hey @RThompson

any update on the dump cars or where they sit in the project queue?

cheers

james 

Hello James,

I haven't had a chance to build the latest test etch which arrived in December but I do know from a couple of bits it needs some slots altering

• Informative/Useful 3

30 minutes ago, RThompson said:

Hello James,

I haven't had a chance to build the latest test etch which arrived in December but I do know from a couple of bits it needs some slots altering

Nevertheless, it is encouraging to hear that the kit development is still moving forward. 

Paul A. 

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, rope runner said:

Nevertheless, it is encouraging to hear that the kit development is still moving forward. 

Paul A. 

By the time i've built all these test etches i'll have an entire rake for myself and won't need to build anymore from production etches!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for being quiet on here as I have been busy with orders and work.

I am at the moment trying to get through existing orders but having a lot less time to deal with them so I'm being a lot slower than usual which I apologise for.

I'm hoping to get a chance this week after today to blitz orders but we will see as things change last minute.

As a side note about the 4mm scale, 009 narrow gauge loco body kits.

The Drewry diesel series of locos will fit the new coreless motor/dcc ready N gauge 08 diesel chassis which just needs the kits footplates filing inside slightly to allow the circuit board to clear and would also allow sound!

I haven't had a chance to check, however as far as im aware, the new chassis will also fit the steam loco kits but will require the circuit board removing.

The replacement footplate I'm not sure if it will fit as I haven't had a chance to try.

It may require a new design.

One thing you do have to be careful with the new 08 chassis is the wheels now run in brass bearings so have to be careful when taking the wheels out.

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 weeks later...

This just has to be commented on,  Ordered a fair amount of 'Bulleid' West Country parts on Thursday evening,  arrived in the post this morning (Tuesday).

Outstanding Customer Service - thank you very much ...

Cheers, Ian Bradford

No excuse for not getting on and hopefully creating 34004 Yeovil with Long Smoke deflectors etc,

to join her sister 'Bude' attached.

Bude.34006.1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Staffordshire said:

This just has to be commented on,  Ordered a fair amount of 'Bulleid' West Country parts on Thursday evening,  arrived in the post this morning (Tuesday).

Outstanding Customer Service - thank you very much ...

Cheers, Ian Bradford

No excuse for not getting on and hopefully creating 34004 Yeovil with Long Smoke deflectors etc,

to join her sister 'Bude' attached.

Bude.34006.1.jpg

Though you'll need a high-sided tender to go with Yeovil, which only received a cut-down one at rebuilding.

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

At the moment RT Models is closed to allow me to catch up with existing orders as I have fallen well behind on them and over the next few months with my current work will have an impact in general.

I have left the website open rather than a full shut down like a few years ago but any orders placed be severely delayed at the moment.

I am sorry for the delay with current orders, I am very much in huge demand with my normal work rescuing passengers when things go wrong on the railways.

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Just a update on orders.

By the end of the week I should have everyones orders finally posted including any that involve the 009 Gauge Resin keeperplates.

The mould which I made a few weeks ago had a serious fault so some new silicone has been ordered and is apparently arriving today but got to go to fetch a bus now that I left in Minffordd from its 5 weeks of rail replacement up there (didn't have the hours to drive it back when finished).

So when I get back later (if I dont get called out to work) I will make a start on the new mould as well as packing more orders.

So in the next few weeks I should be free to pack orders quickly and use the time to sort out various test etch drawings for resubmission before I go away working again.

Thank you for being patient with me.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 05/03/2021 at 21:26, RThompson said:

Hello everyone.

Just to show forthcoming releases in 4mm and 7mm scales.

Firstly the 4mm scale 00/EM/P4 Ironstone dump car.

A few more alterations to the test etch has been made.

spacer.png

Any more progress made with these, Robert? Will they actually work, i.e. tip and the door lift?

• RMweb Gold
On 21/10/2022 at 19:24, Ruston said:

Any more progress made with these, Robert? Will they actually work, i.e. tip and the door lift?

Hello Dave,

Yes they actually tip and the door opens as it should, although the actually etched rigging will be fiddly to use as per the real wagons.

Revised etches should be submitted later in the week.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Happy 2023 everyone from RT Models.

Years in the designing and various test builds, a very accurate and working Ironstone dumpcar in 4mm scale, 00/EM/P4.

One more etch to check as the faults have been corrected then ready for release by the summer at the latest.

Www.rtmodels.co.uk

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Also a new release in 4mm scale, 009 gauge is resin slate loads to fit into my own Dinorwic slate wagon kits which have been around for many years, perfect to run behind the new Bachmann Quarry Hunslet just released.

There is more new products to come out over the next few months and will announce these once they arrive and approved.

DSC_0070.JPG

DSC_0071.JPG

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 12

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

The 4mm scale 00/EM/P4 ironstone dumpcar wagon kit is now available to pre order as the etch has been approved.

These will retail at £16.00 excluding wheels.

If you are interested in ordering any, please email me at

info @ rtmodels.co.uk

With how many you want and if you want universal profile 00 gauge wheels as I've had a batch made and here already.

• Like 2