• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Whilst it seems an eternity in designing, developing and ordering, the 4mm scale 00/EM/P4 Ironstone dumpcars have finally arrived!

Whilst all the hardware such as etches, spring castings, wheels and bearings are in stock, I still need to design and write the instructions.

I have taken with me a etch and some paper to make a start as I'm working away on standby this weekend as long as I don't get called out, so hopefully not too long.

I have got to also catch up with outstanding orders when I return, just been so busy with work all over the UK so haven't been around much recently.

Thank you to those who have been patient with me and with any delays which I don't usually have control of.

DSC_0066.JPG.1b0059ed8d7ae85a670b399c223f0174.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG.48ba6a1f3ab6d51df7935a669b67cc55.JPG

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 3

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, RThompson said:

the 4mm scale 00/EM/P4 Ironstone dumpcars have finally arrived!

That's really impressive Robert. Having looked over the complexity of the real things I'm full of admiration.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

That's really impressive Robert. Having looked over the complexity of the real things I'm full of admiration.

Thank you Andy,

you are not wrong about the complexity of them, hence many test etches over the years to get it right.

The photo is of an unbuilt etch missing a couple of bits as I took the wrong one with me as I ran out of the house this morning to work.

20230617_174758.jpg.1b85e064b1deb66d34e70c8dd0846e35.jpg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

It has been quite a while since I have replied to this.

There is nothing new produced.

At the moment I am still producing the instructions for the 4mm scale Ironstone dump car as there is a lot to produce.

Also I am not able to update the website as my computer has given up so cannot do stock updates etc.

At the moment the 4mm scale Sentinel BE 100HP loco kit is out of stock.

If I cannot get the computer fixed, then I might just pull the website down after christmas and see where I go from there.

I have also decided to withdraw some items over time when moulds wear out and hardly sell which also helps to streamline the business for me.

At the moment til early december, I will only have one day free each week to pack orders due to work commitments so will be further delays with orders than there normally is.

Edited by RThompson
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, AlfaZagato said:

If you can't access your website, what is the best way to place an order?

You can still place orders on the website, I just can't change anything on it atm.

Or a cheque can be posted.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Just to keep you all updated as I haven't had the chance to look at fixing the computer or see if I can do a new website elseshere, that almost everything is in stock bar in 4mm scale bar the LT Hurst Nelson brakevans and skinningrove flat wagons.

There is x6 4mm scale 00/EM/P4 Ironstone dumpcar kits left in stock now. Thank you to those who have waited so long for these and don't go too crazy building them.

There is 5x 7mm scale 0 gauge Hudson tipper wagon kits left in stock, once these are sold they will only be made to special order and no longer be a stock item as will certain kits over time.

I have caught up with all orders bar 2 as awaiting castings so around to pack and post any up to christmas.

There is a few new items that haven't been added such as rmm scale, 009 gauge Penrhyn quarry railway couplings that now fit over NEM pockets and 5.1mm curly spoke wheels that I've had manufactured to go with my 009 gauge kits plus will be available separately.

20231208_123611_1.jpg

20230206_172727.jpg

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know the website has managed to be recovered and uploaded on the laptop although some elements are missing but overall it's working with some items added and price increases.

Overall though, when you use it, are you happy with it and able to navigate it easily or is it worth me altering it?

Personally I think it's made as simple as possible with easy menus for each scale / gauge and categories as I can make it?

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

One of the better websites to navigate I find. The only issue I've had is not all the oo9 couplings are in the coupling section. Now I know some are in loco accessories it's not an issue.

While I'm posting do you know of a DeWinton build thread? I'm considering one but not sure if it's beyond my current skills.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 21/12/2023 at 09:41, SR71 said:

One of the better websites to navigate I find. The only issue I've had is not all the oo9 couplings are in the coupling section. Now I know some are in loco accessories it's not an issue.

While I'm posting do you know of a DeWinton build thread? I'm considering one but not sure if it's beyond my current skills.

The loco couplings are on the locomotive detailing parts, but yes really they should be on in addition or instead on the coupling page which makes sense.

I think Mulberry works has a build thread on the De Winton somewhere, either another forum or facebook.

Edited by RThompson

Robert, have just received the first of two on order LT Hurst Nelson brake van kits (looks excellent).  You state that 3 hole disc wheels are required - do you know if this all they were ever fitted with?  I have been looking at pictures but none really show the wheels.  I'm not doubting your research, just being lazy as I have two sets of P4 spoked wheels which I was intending to use.......

• RMweb Gold
On 26/12/2023 at 15:25, Jeff Smith said:

Robert, have just received the first of two on order LT Hurst Nelson brake van kits (looks excellent).  You state that 3 hole disc wheels are required - do you know if this all they were ever fitted with?  I have been looking at pictures but none really show the wheels.  I'm not doubting your research, just being lazy as I have two sets of P4 spoked wheels which I was intending to use.......

Hello Jeff,

without checking my book for earlier periods, the London Transport Hurst Nelson brake vans certainly all had disc wheels in the 1950's until withdrawal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 29/12/2023 at 16:24, Jeff Smith said:

Thanks, much appreciated.

Hello Jeff,

Just as a update to your enquiry, I managed to dig out a few of my books and found a photo of LT brake van 559 having spoked wheels, unfortunately the photo wasn't dated so couldn't say when.