Received my pre-order through the letterbox this morning. The etches are most impressive and the instructions look commendably thorough. Initial impressions are that it's well worth the wait.

Adam

• RMweb Gold

Thankyou Adam, hope you enjoy building it.

Must admit i hate writing instructions!

Received my pre-order through the letterbox this morning. The etches are most impressive and the instructions look commendably thorough. Initial impressions are that it's well worth the wait.

Adam

Regards Robert

RT Models

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Now available in 4mm scale is a pair of lost wax injectors for the Austerity/J94 0-6-0ST at £3.20 a pair.

One side will need the centre drilled and carefully cleaned but otherwise i am very happy with them.

rt%20models%204mm%20scale%20austerity%20j94%20injectors..jpg

rt%20models%204mm%20scale%20austerity%20j94%20injectors.jpg

Regards Robert

RT Models

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Heres a sneak preview of the test build 4mm scale, 009 guage Harrogate gas works and Statfold barn Peckett loco kits.

post-8628-0-01584900-1309999283_thumb.jpg

post-8628-0-25810100-1309999295_thumb.jpg

post-8628-0-28958500-1309999377_thumb.jpg

Still can't say when they will be available as some minor tweaking is needed first.

Available though is this little etch which whilst is intended for some fo the 4mm scale narrowgauge loco kits as above, it can be used on standard gauge locos as well, contains gauges, small handwheels and a reversing lever.

post-8628-0-86191100-1309999588_thumb.jpg

Regards Robert

RT Models

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

One other thing to add, again related to the 4mm scale Austerity / J94 0-6-0ST is a pair of chimnies, one the glass fibre stoker chimney and the other the original cast type.

these are the test castings and have come out well so will be ordering some soon.

post-8628-0-10010900-1310032234_thumb.jpg

post-8628-0-20394100-1310032237_thumb.jpg

Regards Robert

RT Models

Wonderful.

Wasn't there meant to be a slight gap between the cast chimney base, and the saddle tank? i.e. the chimney did not actually rest on the tank itself....

....or did I read an article wrongly?

You're right Ivan, at least, for the 'normal' chimney casting which, when you think about it, is more or less cosmetic. The chimney proper would be attached to the smokebox. It's still a decent-ish fit though. See this shot: Weetslade Coal Preparation Plant

Nice work Robert.

Adam

• RMweb Gold

Yes there is a slight gap on the chimney just like the prototype, however it is slight!

Regards Robert

RT Models

You're right Ivan, at least, for the 'normal' chimney casting which, when you think about it, is more or less cosmetic. The chimney proper would be attached to the smokebox. It's still a decent-ish fit though. See this shot: Weetslade Coal Preparation Plant

Nice work Robert.

Adam

• RMweb Gold

The chimney as its cast is the correct size as the drawing except for the lower part which is 0.1mm smaller,

no doubt due to the shrinkage of the casting like the footplate which has come out spot on width but 0.5mm shorter length wise.

Must admit, the chimney is a very loose fit in the saddle tank.

These are the first whitemetal castings to be done by a outside contractor, just got one problem to sort out then its ready.

Looking forward to the release of the Peckett, allthough just an observation the chimney looks a tad undersized.

The chimney as its cast is the correct size as the drawing except for the lower part which is 0.1mm smaller,

no doubt due to the shrinkage of the casting like the footplate which has come out spot on width but 0.5mm shorter length wise.

Must admit, the chimney is a very loose fit in the saddle tank.

These are the first whitemetal castings to be done by a outside contractor, just got one problem to sort out then its ready.

Best get saving up ready for the Peckett looks very impressive, cant wait!

All the best

James

• RMweb Gold

I will be looking at doing a dome as i've been asked before.

I will be doing some measuring of items on sunday so watch this space, the lathe may be busy next week!

Robert, is there any chance of you producing an Austerity dome to go with the chimney, for those of us with the ex-Kitmaster version (the dome being moulded with the saddle tank, split in half)?

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

I will over the next few weeks be doing the drawing for the Austerity loco body detailing sheet which will be sent off along with other parts.

As you are my customers, what do you want to see on there, bear in mind this will be just one fret!

For other parts like the dome etc, just list also what you want to see done for it.

I tried over the weekend to get measurements and photos on the very large headlights as fitted to some industrial steam locos but sadly none was fitted to the locos at the railway.

Regards Robert

RT Models

Lamp Irons, front and rear footsteps including the optional extra steps as featured on 68078 http://www.flickr.co...ol-1604787@N25/

front buffer beam to front steps strengthers as featured on http://www.flickr.co...ol-1604787@N25/

Bunker coal rails as featured on the preserved example http://www.flickr.co...ol-1604787@N25/

and some saddle tank footsteps would be a good start

Regards

Trevor