• RMweb Gold

That shouldn't take long then, unless you're a very slow driver or their are bits of Shrewsbury I've yet to experience!

Mike.

The tour used to take 2 hours as it ran to Ironbridge also but has now been reduced to a hour, running up to every hour on Saturdays and Monday's. No Sunday service.

And plenty of commentary on route but not with my sarth London accent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

I would like to firstly publicly apologise for the delay in orders being dispatched.

Unfortunately work has been very busy all the sudden for various reasons with very long hours, I have been trying my best to complete orders as quickly as possible.

I took a couple evenings out this week though to develop new etched models plus it made a change from the daily routine.

In 4mm scale, 009 gauge a new wagon kit and phase 2 of the de winton vertical boiler 0-4-0VBT, a almost complete model with much revised chassis design as having time away has given me a new view on it and hopefully will mean a actually working model.

Like This

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hello everyone,

In 4mm scale, 009 gauge a new wagon kit and phase 2 of the de winton vertical boiler 0-4-0VBT, a almost complete model with much revised chassis design as having time away has given me a new view on it and hopefully will mean a actually working model.

Like This

The De Winton sounds like an interesting development.

Adrian

• RMweb Gold

Any news on the Harrogate Gas Works Barber RT?

No I haven't as I haven't done any pattern making for a while but will be making a start soon as some information has come to light and now it's restored, plenty of photos about but wouldn't mind going myself even though it's far

• RMweb Gold

Excellent stuff, i might try and get up to see it again in a month or so so could grab a few pics if you need RT?

Cheers

James

As many photos all over the loco and inside the cab is much appreciated.

• RMweb Gold

I've been building one of your Austerity chassis in P4. It's gone together beautifully.

IMG_8578_zpsdxkleq47.jpg

I like how you have attached the bufferbeams to the chassis which makes perfect sense and easier to paint them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all,

On my first day off yesterday for weeks, I managed to complete phase 2 development model on the 4mm scale, 009 gauge de winton vertical boiler locomotive, this is a scale model of preserved chaloner.

This loco is a major step forward in being a running model which I've had running round very nicely.

Some tweaking will be needed on it but otherwise is ready to have its patterns and turnings carried out so should be ready towards the end of the year.

post-8628-0-52484700-1466016385.jpeg

post-8628-0-54515000-1466016397.jpeg

post-8628-0-25021400-1466016417.jpeg

Prototype loco

post-8628-0-35811600-1466021017.jpeg

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 10

Oooh finally a de Winton in 4mm! Many years ago I was offered the patterns for Brian Clarke (Saltford Models) 's old one, which at the time I could not afford. I always regret not finding a way of funding them. I'll definitely be buying a couple of these when they're ready. 

• RMweb Gold

Hello,

The 4mm scale 00/EM/P4 manning wardle old class I and class k 0-6-0ST locomotive kits have been undergoing revision so the whole body for each will be on one sheet rather than seperate as before.

Whilst this is being done, is there anything you would like to see altered.

Was looking into doing the boiler as part of the chassis instead of the current cast boiler?

Edited by RThompson

Hello,

The 4mm scale 00/EM/P4 manning wardle old class I and class k 0-6-0ST locomotive kits have been undergoing revision so the whole body for each will be on one sheet rather than seperate as before.

Whilst this is being done, is there anything you would like to see altered.

Was looking into doing the boiler as part of the chassis instead of the current cast boiler?

I placed an order for a class K last night, will this have any effect on delivery? If there are to be upgrades I can wait.

Cheers,

David

• RMweb Gold

I placed an order for a class K last night, will this have any effect on delivery? If there are to be upgrades I can wait.

Cheers,

David

Hi David,

Your order is not affected and will be posted during the week.

There is one class k Left in stock now as I write this.