• RMweb Gold

And it looks like the borders of the sheet are just the right width to box in the steps for this version.

post-14569-0-18082700-1351987613.jpg

Eagle eyed Andy is correct, the none lettered sides are the right width to create the sides of the steps.

Here's one from a set I made years ago and got taken off my recent build so they can go on the dj models version which saves my painting.

post-8628-0-15771900-1473449628_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

For those of you who may not be aware I will be attending with the stand at em north in Manchester this weekend.

As much stock has been packed as possible.

Just awaiting the etches which should arrive in a matter of days for the 4mm scale manning wardle old class I and class k, dj models austerity detailing sheet and lots of 35t esso tank ladder etches. These are also suitable for the Bachmann 20t anchor mounted tank model.

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Etches just arrived today with the website updated with the new austerity detailing sheets and also the re-release of the me old class I and k.

Current orders should be posted out tomorrow.

I will be attending em north exhibition this weekend, please note I will not be at this years scaleforum.

The widths of the frame spacers on the mw kits are 00 12mm, em 14mm and p4 15mm

That goes for the austerity chassis kit also.

Edited by RThompson

Just to complete the story of the Old Class I illustrated above, it is now painted and lined as "Wave" of the Newhaven Harbour Company. If the livery looks vaguely familiar, the Harbour company was effectively a subsidiary of the LB&SCR and Wave was painted, according to Bradley, in the "standard Stroudley passenger livery". I am grateful to fellow members of the Brighton Circle, who have helped to interpret how the livery might have been applied to a distinctly non standard loco, given the poor quality of the only known photo.

attachicon.gifWave Manning Wardle.jpg

attachicon.gifwave shrunk 10.JPG

For comparison, Wave is shown at Vintners' Yard, with other Brighton superpower. The large loco on the left is a Terrier.....

attachicon.gifwave shrunk 06.JPG

If anyone has any information about Wave's earlier history, before it was bought from the Hunslett Engine Company in 1881, I should be interested to know. There does not seem to be a record of the makers number.

Best wishes

Eric

Very nice Model  especially as it is small. very small! A bit more wrung out of the image........

post-6750-0-65660100-1473956309_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone,

Etches just arrived today with the website updated with the new austerity detailing sheets and also the re-release of the me old class I and k.

Current orders should be posted out tomorrow.

I will be attending em north exhibition this weekend, please note I will not be at this years scaleforum.

The widths of the frame spacers on the mw kits are 00 12mm, em 14mm and p4 15mm

That goes for the austerity chassis kit also.

Glad to hear that, Comet ones are too narrow, but I made my own at 14mm wide for my own stuff! Once I'm settled in the new place a Class K is on my to do list. How's the de Winton going? I'm going to want several of those I fear! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Just updated the website with current stock levels and overseas postage rates added to the home page now.

Revised instructions of the 4mm scale 009 gauge steam locomotive valve gear is available to view in PDF.

http://www.rtmodels.co.uk/rt_models_015.htm

Some new detailing parts in 4mm scale standard and narrow gauges will be added in a few weeks when the moulds are made.

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd share the latest progress of phase 3 of the 4mm scale 009 gauge dewinton with a start on its patterns now with some seen here.

The chassis is built rigid which runs quite well but the final test build will have compensation tried again now the faults have been rectified on this model.

Now to do the cylinders and cams and test the Vertical valve gear!

post-8628-0-75840800-1477176049_thumb.jpeg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Latest release is the 4mm scale, standard gauge workington steelworks oval heavy duty locomotive buffers found on various steam locos up to the Yorkshire engine Janus which is about to be released as a golden valley/Oxford rail rtr model.

post-8628-0-80554300-1477520585.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Just a little update on myself and the business.

At the moment I unfortunately have not got a lot of time available to develop new kits and parts as I used to.

This is due to a number of factors like the amount of orders coming in which sometimes can be delayed up to 3 weeks as I'm usually out driving or maintaining my small fleet of buses and coaches which takes up a lot of my time as the sole person with the odd help of friends driving when they can, an example is I was out for 15 hours, (not all driving I will add) on Thursday covering for where the railways couldn't run due to trees being blown over.

I'm hoping from mid March once one bus has been mot'd and another put on the road I will have more free time to crack on all in 009 with barber, unfortunately pattern making went wrong so I put it aside. The 009 de winton and 00/em/p4 ironstone side tipping wagon.

I will be attending exhibitions scalefour north Wakefield in April and expo em Bracknell in mid May.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello Everyone,

This weekend will see the release of 4mm scale 00/EM/P4 GWR/BR conflat wagon etched securing loops and brackets.

There is 2 versions available, one of the Loop and bracket etched in one piece or the other etched seperately and joined together with fine wire.

Also possibly this week or the week after will see released in 4mm scale 009 narrow gauge various locomotive boiler fittings such as chimneys, domes and safety valves.

These will not be added to the website until after Wakefield scalefour north exhibition.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

The etched 4mm scale conflat rungs was very popular at scalefour north.

the one piece versions are fitted onto a parkside dundas model

post-8628-0-71657700-1491256972.jpeg

post-8628-0-21876500-1491256987.jpeg

post-8628-0-50990500-1491256999.jpeg

I have also added the manning wardle old class I and class K chassis etches to the chassis kits section also

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 3