• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

The range of 4mm scale narrow gauge locomotive boiler fittings has now been expanded with quite a few items.

Below is a shorter version of Bagnall Excelsior's spark arresting chimney

post-8628-0-04426300-1492216872.jpeg

• Like 4

A wee note to complement the post sales of RT.

The bits I bought in Wakefield had no instructions so Robert took my details and the required papers arrived the following Tuesday.

Top service, I'll be back.....

Wibble

• RMweb Gold

I havnt touched either the de winton or n class footplate.

On another note, the patterns for the lost wax brass bulleid tender ladders has been sent. Just hope these new ones work,

I forgot to mention also the 4mm scale old class I and class k chassis kits are now available seperately.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

just a update on the 4mm scale, 009 gauge De Winton 0-4-0VBT locomotive kit.

The latest test arrived today and I have built the model and run it in, the vertical motion even moves but not as much as I was hoping to.

More patterns to finish off and slight tweaking to the drawings and it should be ready for release towards the end of the year.

This loco is built with compensation but will come with the option of a rigid chassis if the builder prefers it.

post-8628-0-34756500-1494378627.jpg

post-8628-0-17702500-1494378629.jpg

post-8628-0-21813400-1494378631.jpg

post-8628-0-28733500-1494378633.jpg

• Like 17

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Whilst not very exciting, the latest item to be added in 4mm scale standard gauge in the Albert Goodall range is lost wax brass versions of the rebuilt bulleid Pacific whistle.

I've only just had the chance to add these to the website despite having them for weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Just picked up whilst on break at work, the 4mm scale, lost wax brass bulleid rear tender ladders in lost wax brass.

These are brand new patterns, not from the existing albert goodall whitemetal ones as there is more variants as well as the pins at the top now cast as part of the ladder.

It is expected to be added to the website tomorrow evening provided im not working and will retail for £3.80 a pair, £1.90 for the single 5,250 gallon version.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just under a week to go until EM North/ EM Autumn in Manchester.

I will be present with the RT Models stand, no new releases unfortunately.

I will be at Scaleforum also.

Swanley NG on 28th October should see the release of the much anticipated Dewinton in 4mm, 009. Latest test etch has been approved so just got to finish the pattern making and gather the components together.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

A few updates all in 4mm scale.

The bulleid Pacific smoke deflectors are now back in stock, these come from a seperate source hence the delay in restocking compared to other etches in my range.

The De Winton has come to a halt currently. Etches are now approved and patterns to be sent off for a mould to be made for both whitemetal and lost wax brass castings.

Unfortunately there is no delivery date on the motors and wheels currently so this has halted the production of the kit.

The cranks and axles will be made available seperately soon though.

I'm sorry about the situation with the de Winton.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

very quickly before I rush out driving is a sample wheel from Markits to suit my 4mm scale Stanton slag ladle kit.

The wheel is correctly 8 hole, 8mm diameter with a 1.5mm axle and will come chemically blackened.

Due to the bush, the wheels stick out more so will need trimming partly or altogether and fibre washers inserted if the latter.

post-8628-0-42359000-1507550928.jpg

• Like 4

Hello everyone,

very quickly before I rush out driving is a sample wheel from Markits to suit my 4mm scale Stanton slag ladle kit.

The wheel is correctly 8 hole, 8mm diameter with a 1.5mm axle and will come chemically blackened.

Due to the bush, the wheels stick out more so will need trimming partly or altogether and fibre washers inserted if the latter.

attachicon.gifDSC_7819.JPG

Hi Robert,

Nice idea - it never struck me to investigate custom wheels when I sold the kits as I always assumed they'd be cost prohibitive.  Can you confirm the flange profile and if they'll be available either with an EM axle, or as "loose" wheels (I can arrange my own axles having access to machining facilities).

Many thanks

Alastair

PS - any chance of the Workington open wagon seeing the light of day?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello Alastair,

The flange profile should be rp25 but is spot on to the previous wheels used.

They will come with 00 axles as standard as they are made for me rather than having to cut and file them myself as before.

The wheels came about because another kit maker wanted 8mm wheels as they couldn't get the same wheels either, I just simply asked if its possible to have the faces flush rather than recessed and with the correct 8 holes and at Markits recommendation wider tread as it was too narrow for normal SG use.

The Workington open wagon I need to get round to altering as unfortunately it's current layout is not accepted by my etchers.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I have finished my post war 100HP Sentinel. I’d just like to say this is the best running model I own. It far out performs all my RTR locos.

Just like to say well done to RT Models and High level for bringing something so brilliant to the market.

Thanks,

Luke

post-26318-0-35752900-1516735560_thumb.png

• Like 9

RT Models won't be on the exhibition circuit any longer with a trade stand for the foreseeable future.

Hope that's down to pressures success of the other job.

Guess it will ne a while before I can get round to showing you this.

post-508-0-47690800-1517086263_thumb.jpg

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 3