• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Oh, gosh, I hadn't even realised I'd typed in BOLD text, for chrissake. Yes, of course it's supposed to be aggressive, but for heavens sake, what a lot of fuss about nothing. I was just concerned that my order had been "recognised", and a simple 30second response would have alleviated my worries. Yes, we know the man has a "stressful" fulltime job - well so do I - but either he wants to run a small business or he doesn't. Surely  it's only courtesy to reply - I sent the order and money over 4 weeks ago, so am understandably worried that he could have even gone out of business.

And thanks for the positive replies.

Well, that should have successfully disposed of any goodwill people were offering you. 

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold

I suspect that batch manufacturing by RT and his suppliers mean that when you order the item may or may not be in stock. If he is busy with the day job then it may take time for the item to be available again. 

We can't possibly expect live stock positions from cottage industries. 

• Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

We can't possibly expect live stock positions from cottage industries. 

A simple communication to the customer explaining the situation, however, could be expected.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, truffy said:

A simple communication to the customer explaining the situation, however, could be expected.

The situation is clearly written on the website.

Please note due to my full time job, on the odd occasion orders can be delayed for up to 28 days which I apologise for, I do try my best to complete orders as soon as I can.
It is not possible to give any delivery dates due to the nature of my full time job.

And the fact many of the railways in that part of the world are currently closed due to Storm Ciara then delays are expected.

As a result of flooding caused by Storm Ciara, Transport for Wales and Network Rail are strongly advising all customers to check their journey arrangements prior to travel on Monday 10 February and allow plenty of time to their journey.

Following very stormy conditions, high tides and strong winds on Sunday there has been some flooding on the network which means that certain lines will remain closed on Monday. The safety of our customers and colleagues is our absolute priority and we are working closely together to minimise any disruption by doing all we can to keep our customers moving and informed.

The following lines will be closed from the start of service on Monday whilst teams assess and start making repairs to damage:

- Conwy Valley: NO SERVICE between Llandudno Junction & Blaenau Ffestiniog. Local roads have been reported as impassable and therefore a replacement bus service is not in operation.

- Cambrian Line: Services between Shrewsbury and Machynlleth have been reinstated A rail replacement bus service will operate from Machynlleth to Aberystwyth and between Machynlleth to Pwllheli. The bus services will start from 5 minutes after the original train time from Aberystwyth and Machynlleth.

https://tfwrail.wales/homepage

Jason

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just to say a big thankyou to RT Models. I ordered two pairs of Sentinel buffers earlier in the week. 

They arrived this morning. Brilliant castings and excellent service as ever. 

Thanks once again Richard.

Cheers, 

Mark 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

famous last works from me last time about the situation!

At the moment, Etches are running out and I cannot restock until the etchers reopen which has affected a lot of other businesses but castings I am fine on.

I am doing my best to keep up with stock levels and sometimes discovering stock elsewhere during my clean up so you never know what could reappear.

At the moment in between building models for myself for a nice change, I'm back to redesigning kits so the next release should be the 4mm scale Ironstone dump car wagon having learnt a lot from the first design.

A lot of reworking is going into this where there was issues but also to make it easier to build.

Hopefully I should have some other kits designed and sent ready to have test etches done when the etcher reopen.

I wont be restocking everything at one as this will help free capacity for other businesses for now, only the popular items or those who may have already paid for it.

• Friendly/supportive 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Just to keep you all updated.

Etches have been ordered a few weeks ago as the etchers reopened.

I don't know when these will arrive but hopefully not too long.

If something is out of stock and you want to purchase it, you can do this now but be aware of the delay in posting it as I do not know when the etchers will post them out.

I have resubmitted the 4mm scale, 00/EM/P4 Ironstone side tipper dump car drawings for its next test etch.

Hopefully it should build ok now and corrected some of its faults.

There is some other kits under development at the moment and some test drawings will be reworked on.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

5 hours ago, RThompson said:

Hello everyone,

Just to keep you all updated.

Etches have been ordered a few weeks ago as the etchers reopened.

I don't know when these will arrive but hopefully not too long.

If something is out of stock and you want to purchase it, you can do this now but be aware of the delay in posting it as I do not know when the etchers will post them out.

I have resubmitted the 4mm scale, 00/EM/P4 Ironstone side tipper dump car drawings for its next test etch.

Hopefully it should build ok now and corrected some of its faults.

There is some other kits under development at the moment and some test drawings will be reworked on.

Other kits under development...! Dare i ask is Barber edging closer??

Cheers RT

James

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

It's hard to believe its been since June since I last replied to this topic as I have been flat out with everything.

I have virtually caught up with orders now with the final current ones being packed this weekend provided I don't get called out for anything. 

Any others orders being placed should be posted in time for Christmas, the cut off being 17th December 18.00 unless it goes out Special delivery at extra cost.

Postage rates have been changed,

UK

£2.00 orders up to £14.99

£3.95 orders from £15.00 to £59.99

Post free orders over £60.00 and sent special delivery.

As a special note, I do have x4 of my elusive 4mm scale, 009 gauge De Winton loco kits in stock currently.

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

We're very quick to jump on the one-man cottage industries sometimes regarding wait times or communication but we've not been very good historically on RMweb with noting where excellent service has been received. 

Parts ordered Saturday and arrived Tuesday. Well-packaged and sensibly priced postage.

Can't ask for much better than that in my view. 

Paul A. (a repeat customer, repeatedly)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Regarding the current situation with orders to the EU, unfortunately for now I won't be able to dispatch orders to any country in the EU until further notice.

Orders within the UK and the rest of world are ok.

I will resume posting orders after Christmas as I know the Royal Mail are over whelmed with the amount of post they are handling.

Thank you to all who has ordered from me, this year in particular has been a very challenging year for all sorts of reasons.

I would like to wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 11