• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

heres a photo of the Austerity dome that i've turned up before finishing, i'm not totally convinced at the shape of the top from comparing it with photos but matches drawings but is certainly the right size from both my own measurements and a couple of different scale drawings, the Dapol/Horby dome is too small as someone has mentioned before.

Regards Robert

RT Models

post-8628-0-96251200-1314263342_thumb.jpg

Going back to Austerity detailing, how about a set of jointed replacement coupling rods for the Dapol/Hornby model? Or better still, two sets, one that could be a straight swap for those using the original wheels (which use a large crankpin), and one to suit scale (Gibson etc.) wheels?

I've had a look and I can't find anyone else that does them. (Someone will now prove me wrong...)

Bill Bedford via Eileens...

Part no. BBSFK0800-4

BUT... spot the deliberate mistake...

Porcy

post-508-0-51949200-1314271548_thumb.jpg

Re LT flat

Excellent.

Its about time someone made a model of them.

There on my shopping list!

Do you think you could shorten the wagon to make the more common 50 ft open bogie wagon. with the wooden sides.

Then benefit of such a common design wagon is that the builder can make anyone of hundreds of modifications that LT made over the years

Any chance of any pictures?

• RMweb Gold

Mainly the one being restored on the cambrian heritage railway at Oswestry, have also takem some measurements of another elsewhere.

Robert if you dont mind me asking Which Austerity are you using as a guide for parts?

Regards Robert

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

i assume you are happy with the shape of the dome as no-one has made any comments?

If so i'll make a start on shaping the base sometime in the next few weeks.

Regards Robert

RT Models

Hi all,

heres a photo of the Austerity dome that i've turned up before finishing, i'm not totally convinced at the shape of the top from comparing it with photos but matches drawings but is certainly the right size from both my own measurements and a couple of different scale drawings, the Dapol/Horby dome is too small as someone has mentioned before.

Regards Robert

RT Models

Hi all,

i assume you are happy with the shape of the dome as no-one has made any comments?

If so i'll make a start on shaping the base sometime in the next few weeks.

Regards Robert

RT Models

Hi Robert,

I've had a look at photos in my collection and online, and your dome looks spot on to me. I have noted that some photos show a VERY slight tapering outwards over the height, but I think this is more a trick of the light in the online photos .

Cheers

Jan

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Just to let you know the 4mm scale 00/EM/P4 Ruston 48DS chassis kit is now available.

I will be attending with the stand at Scaleforum in a few weeks time, if anyone is attending and want to reserve one or anything else for that matter, please let me know off group.

Regards Robert Thompson

RT Models

www.rtmodels.co.uk

• RMweb Gold

Hi Robert

If you haven't seen it already, I did a little review of your Bulleid Light Pacifc etched cylinder drain pipes in this months (October issue) Hornby Magazine. I hope you like!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Graham,

Yes i did see it.

I wondered why the west country drain cocks was all the sudden selling very quickly and when i bought the magazine for the slag ladle article i came across your review which explained why!

Thankyou for this, much appreciated.

The next batch should arrive next tuesday at the latest as well as re-stocking other items.

Aside from this, i should have a few new releases at scaleforum like a set of oil cans and maybe the Austerity tank dome if this has been included in any of the moulds but was sent at the 11th hour so to speak.

Also the scrap hearth boxes will be re-introduced again.

Note that i won't be around after scaleforum for a week as i'm taking my holiday down that way, feeling a bit home sick!

Hi Robert

If you haven't seen it already, I did a little review of your Bulleid Light Pacifc etched cylinder drain pipes in this months (October issue) Hornby Magazine. I hope you like!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Robert

Great, I am pleased the review has had a positive outcome for you. I hope the orders continue coming in.

Oh any by the way when you list the drain pipes on Ebay its 'Bulleid' not 'Bullied' :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

that will be down to a blond moment!

Sorry Mr Bulleid

Hi Robert

Great, I am pleased the review has had a positive outcome for you. I hope the orders continue coming in.

Oh any by the way when you list the drain pipes on Ebay its 'Bulleid' not 'Bullied' :sungum:

Robert

Many Thanks for the quick delivery of my Ruston 48DS chassis....

Ordered Sunday night, Postie just got drenched walking up the drive about an hour ago!!!

Thanks also for the detailed instructions - I've had much less with complete kits (love the way the brake blocks are done - maybe you could do a full etched sheet of these?)

Brilliant - now to the workbench

Best Regards

Graham Woodruff

GRW184

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thats Ok Graham,

glad your happy with both the kit and the instructions, i do try my very best to make both as good as possible.

Regards Robert

RT Models

Robert

Many Thanks for the quick delivery of my Ruston 48DS chassis....

Ordered Sunday night, Postie just got drenched walking up the drive about an hour ago!!!

Thanks also for the detailed instructions - I've had much less with complete kits (love the way the brake blocks are done - maybe you could do a full etched sheet of these?)

Brilliant - now to the workbench

Best Regards

Graham Woodruff

GRW184

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

for sale this weekend at Scaleforum exhibiton in Leatherhead, Surrey is the Austerity/J94 dome, the packs of 4 oil cans as you will find on the footplates of industrial lcoos and workshops etc.

Also the former Clarke kits open hearth scrap boxes are now back in stock.

I will also have a few to be relased items that are currently under development of which one just requires a new small etch done and its ready, the moulds have been made for it.

Hope to see you there.

Regards Robert Thompson

RT Models

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all,

heres a small update of recent, been very busy recently with work.

Now finished and to be released at Warley in a month is the Londonderry/Seaham Harbour Chaldron coal wagon.

This features cast parts with etched nickel silver brake gear which is very delicate to represent the spacing between the layers.

There will not be anymore updates to the website concerning new kits and parts till after warley as some changes will be made to it for various reasons plus it will save me time to get one with getting hopefully several new releases done in time but we will see.

post-8628-0-65626800-1319044740_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

The Lt flat and brake are looking good!

Any chance of bringing them along to warley, I'll be there on the sunday if i come, out with the pannier tanks on the mainline on the saturday B) :D

Including the newly repainted L94!

Might just to have to put in a big order for those when their done, there goes the other modelling projects!

LC

• RMweb Gold

Yes i will have the wagons there.

Hi

The Lt flat and brake are looking good!

Any chance of bringing them along to warley, I'll be there on the sunday if i come, out with the pannier tanks on the mainline on the saturday B) :D

Including the newly repainted L94!

Might just to have to put in a big order for those when their done, there goes the other modelling projects!

LC

Hi all,

I plan on changing the website after warley which the new sub-title will reflect the changing areas of the business.

Is there anything that you feel would be worth changing, layout, colours, and in particular how the index is alid and the links from them etc...

It won't be possible to do everything you may ask/suggest but your feedback will be welcome.