Now finished and to be released at Warley in a month is the Londonderry/Seaham Harbour Chaldron coal wagon.

This features cast parts with etched nickel silver brake gear which is very delicate to represent the spacing between the layers.

This looks exactly what I might have been looking for, for a 'wierd project' I had in mind a long time ago. I can't see anything about it on your website. Can you give me an idea of price and, more importantly, what scale it is please? Thanks!

• RMweb Gold

It is 4mm scale, 00/EM/P4

Nothings being added to the website till after warley.

Price wise i'm not too sure as i'm awaiting the invoice for the etches to work out the final prices.

This looks exactly what I might have been looking for, for a 'wierd project' I had in mind a long time ago. I can't see anything about it on your website. Can you give me an idea of price and, more importantly, what scale it is please? Thanks!

It is 4mm scale, 00/EM/P4

Nothings being added to the website till after warley.

Price wise i'm not too sure as i'm awaiting the invoice for the etches to work out the final prices.

Ok, no hurry, I can wait :) Thinking these might have fitted nicely as O-9 wagons in a mine operated by gnomes... it's a long story.

Edited by cromptonnut

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Also added to the sales at warley is metre length chain, 1mm diameter for £5.60 per pack.

Also there will be a pre-production sample of my first loco kit in 4mm scale, 00/EM/P4 on display.

What it is you will have to find out at the weekend! ;)

Confirmed prices for the 4mm scale. 00/EM/P4 Chaldron wagon kit is £7.60 for single wagon without wheels, £10.30 with wheels.

£35.00 and £47.50 for multipacks with wheels respectively.

Also i may have some 4mm scale, 009 gauge Peckett loco kits at the show as some plans (and pestering!) are in place but i can't promise anything.

Hope to see some of you at the weekend.

Regards Robert

RT Models

www.rtmodels.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Peckets in stock!! just stuck an order in hopefully theres 1 left (finger crossed) and the slide bars can wait xmas pressie sorted :sungum:

Any news on a Barber kit yet Robert? The type A chassis looks like its ready and waiting for one........

Cheers

James

• RMweb Gold

Not quite in stock, just awaiting the etches to arrive for the valve gear and thats it now i've got some resin keeperplates.

My try at doing resin was fairly successful but found it too tight a fit to the chassis so i need to expreiment a bit more with these but not far off.

No i havn't started on Barber yet, i've decided for her i need a new type of keeperplate which i will design one and hopefully manufacture myself.

Peckets in stock!! just stuck an order in hopefully theres 1 left (finger crossed) and the slide bars can wait xmas pressie sorted :sungum:

Any news on a Barber kit yet Robert? The type A chassis looks like its ready and waiting for one........

Cheers

James

• RMweb Gold

HI all,

Shown at Warley was the pre-production of my first all new 4mm scale, 00/EM/P4 locomotive kit.

Well heres the photos. Manning Wardle Old Class I

Bear in mind theres alterations needed before it can be released which looks likely to between 2 and 3 months.

There is 4 cabs, 2 safety valve covers (which i will offer for sale seperately shortly) 2 types of buffers including extended bumb beffers, perfect for the chaldron wagon kit ;) 2 coal bunkers, 2 different smokebox doors.

It will be possible to model the Colonel Stephens, Morous and Sidlesham, the former used to work just down the road from me!

post-8628-0-18112900-1322773248_thumb.jpg

post-8628-0-00314700-1322773363_thumb.jpg

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Price wise for the Old Class I, will probably be around the £80 mark?

A K class, whilst i do not have a scale drawing but going by the dimensions from a book i have, seem very similar except for the for the rear wheelbase length, some Old Class I's got re-classed as K's during overhaul just to add to the confusion!

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

for those interested i have listed packs of 1mm diameter blackened brass chain in 1 metre lengths and 4mm scale mis-cast small ingot moulds going for half the normal price on ebay under member "rtmodels-kits"

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

now fully stocked up on etches so the pecketts will be available and those on current order will be dispatched monday morning.

Test etches have just arrived all for 4mm scale 00/EM/P4 which includes the Austerity 0-6-0ST body detailing sheet which i will get on with testing tonight.

Also which will come as a surprise to many,

etched cylinder drain pipes for LNER later 3 pipes A3 and A4's and also a 2 pipe version for early A4's.

The 3 pipe A4 version will need trimming back for when these was cut back on the real locos as these has been done to full length to cater for both cases.

As its coming up to christmas and the delays to the post these won't be available until the new year.

A3's will be £1.80 a pair

A4's, either version £2.00 a pair

....Test etches have just arrived all for 4mm scale 00/EM/P4 which includes the Austerity 0-6-0ST body detailing sheet which i will get on with testing tonight....

Sounds good.

Do let me know if you decide to have a go at the etched replacement footplate, etc. for the Maunsell "N" .

• RMweb Gold

i will do Horsetan but it wont until the end of the year (2012 that is!) once i've cleared the current projects and theres not many to go now!

Sounds good.

Do let me know if you decide to have a go at the etched replacement footplate, etc. for the Maunsell "N" .

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

heres the photos of the test build of the 4mm scale austerity/J94 body detailing etch.

Not everything has been fitted but some minimal tweaking will be required.

Note how much the larger the scale front window frames are compared to the original openings that havn't been altered!

You will see the complete etch and whats on it as well.

Also are photos of the LNER A3 and A4 cylinder drain pipes.

post-8628-0-66395100-1324333312_thumb.jpg

post-8628-0-16531400-1324333395_thumb.jpg

post-8628-0-62452500-1324333490_thumb.jpg

post-8628-0-60848200-1324333571_thumb.jpg

post-8628-0-16677200-1324333655_thumb.jpg

post-8628-0-60135500-1324333680_thumb.jpg

post-8628-0-51597500-1324333767_thumb.jpg

post-8628-0-88640100-1324333859_thumb.jpg

post-8628-0-97322000-1324334120_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I do like the cab window frames Robert. Neither of mine have those (although I have enlarged the windows - they make a huge difference to the look of the Dapol/Hornby model). The best thing about them, so far as I am concerned, is that the front windows can be modelled open. See here for what I mean. Are these going to be available separately from the rest of the body detailing parts?

Adam