• RMweb Gold

Hi Adam,

yes i will make them available seperately as they have been done as a seperate etch in brass.

I do like the cab window frames Robert. Neither of mine have those (although I have enlarged the windows - they make a huge difference to the look of the Dapol/Hornby model). The best thing about them, so far as I am concerned, is that the front windows can be modelled open. See here for what I mean. Are these going to be available separately from the rest of the body detailing parts?

Adam

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello Everyone and a happy new year to all.

I hope you all like the website?

I am now taking advance orders for the 4mm scale, 00/EM/P4 manning wardle Old Class I 0-6-0ST loco kit and also the Austerity 0-6-0ST loco body detailing etch as the 2nd versions of the drawings for test etches will be sent off in the next few weeks along with other bits.

As before no payment is required like with the austerity chassis kit, just let me know off group, quantity and once they are approved i can send you a paypal invoice or you can pay by cheque, whichever is easiest.

THe price guides which are not set in stone yet will be around £80 for the Manning Wardle old Class I and around £9 for the austerity loco detailing etch.

Edited by RThompson

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

just a quick update about the class 13 conversion kit.

The drawings will be sent off in the next few weeks.

Also the old control desk will now be done in resin and after having a go last night, the first few castings are better than what i expected so its on track now to release at last!

Anyay, back to the lathe now to fill the next mould for whitemetal parts.

has anyone got photos or direct to me a website for photos of the handbrake on a BR class 08 diesel shunter please?

If nothing turns up by the weekend I'll pop down to Rowsley to see if the shunter chaps there will allow me into a cab with camera.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just currently completing the next set of patterns for detailing bits and this includes a large locomotive jack which is being done as 2 piece.

With the jack, would you prefer that a hole was cast in the centre or was left without one so you can drill one your self to alter the position to say stage the scenerio of re-railing a loco?

The new mould will also include quite a few loco detailing items that some of you have asked for which is very nearly completing my to do list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good morning everyone

just to let you know on current progress.

The 4mm scale class 13 slave loco detailing kit is now on order so will be released soon.

post-8628-0-34947400-1327623352_thumb.jpg

post-8628-0-29935900-1327623267.jpg

Also added is 7mm scale oil cans.

7mm%20scale%20oil%20cans.jpg

I will look forward to meeting those attending the Stafford Railway Circle exhibition, County Showground, Stafford, Staffordshire, February 4th and 5th

post-8628-0-75823000-1327623271_thumb.jpg

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Charlie,

the class 13 parts are designed for the outside framed Hornby version which to be honest will be the easiest to convert.

Whilst i no longer own a Bachmann 08, i know that the rear chassis block prutrudes into the cab and will require the chassis to be cut.

With the Hornby version only a block needs unscrewing and the decoder plug detached. Then to file down the end of the block and re-attach to clear the back of the ex cab, alot easier that way.

Which 08 are the class 13 parts desgined for? Or does it not matter?

• RMweb Gold

Hi Morris,

funny you mention the class 12, that very loco you see was meant to be one many years ago but went badly wrong when i glued the new engine doors on with plasticweld, the body reacted badly and bowed outwards rendering the body useless, until now for its testing!

It could be something in the future, however i know that A1 models do some engine doors so these might prove useful?

Ooh these Austerity parts are looking tempting.

Just an idea, an I don't know how feasible it would be, but could you do a conversion kit so the other EE shunters could be bashed (10/11/12)?

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

just a quick note that all in 4mm scale, the austerity/J94 etched body detailing sheet, class 13 conversion kit and the Manning Wardle Old Class I 0-6-0ST loco kit MIGHT be ready for stafford exhibition but can't promise this.

• 3 weeks later...

What Bulleid items may be forthcoming? I have a pair of Hornby WC's that need attention sometime this year and as I will have no chance now at the Goodall parts am hungrily awaiting any news of new sources..

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

yes it was good to talk to you chris at Stafford,

Ken, the new bulleid pacific parts when they arrive (along with the order for more austerity/J94 0-6-0ST injectors) are lost wax brass front loco steps, when these arrive i'm not too sure?

just to added to the website at long last is the 4mm scale 00/EM/P4 BR class 13 slave loco conversion kit

plus available is a 08/09/13 revised right hand exhauster box if you have a model that doesn't have it fitted for the loco you want to model.

also added to the 4mm scale loco detailing parts is the manning wardle loco chimney, E.B.Wilson fluted and manning wardle tapered safety valve covers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

ive been quiet on here as i have been very busy with both my full time job and RT Models recently which i havn't been doing any new kits or parts partly to lack of time but also needing a break.

a few weeks ago, i installed a highlevel kits roadrunner compact + with Mashima flat can 1015 into the 4mm scale 00/EM/P4 Manning Wardle Old Class I driven off the middle axle.

post-8628-0-71485300-1331425717.jpgpost-8628-0-19282200-1331425721.jpgpost-8628-0-10105400-1331425730.jpgpost-8628-0-73030300-1331425733.jpgpost-8628-0-10638200-1331425737.jpg

Some material was removed from inside the cast firebox to accommodate the motor vertically. This was done with a minidrill and dental burr.

I will be finishing this model for myself as Shropshire and Montgomeryshire "Morous".

Onced finished it will be visiting Shrewsbury Abbey station where the real loco used to run from to have some photos taken.

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

whilst ive had some spare time today, heres a quick tease of whats about to appear on the website as these arrived yesterday along with the Austerity/J94 injectors

post-8628-0-07968000-1331828291_thumb.jpg

post-8628-0-35524000-1331828314_thumb.jpg

4mm scale 00/EM/P4 lost wax brass bulleid pacific front loco steps.

They have a tail which you may see in the photo that goes behind the bufferneam to help with both securing and overall strength.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Keeping my fingers crossed for the Maunsell Mogul non-corroding footplate (and maybe some extras for it).....

Yes my poor £xx Bachmann N class will be stripped down soon for development work including the option of a N1, might as well.

• Like 2