Worsdell forever's Workbench - Loads of North Eastern Stuff

So, the first proper workbench update in quite a while, I've not been completely idle, I've done a bit. It's been a busy year exhibiting then a bit of decorating meant not a great lot got done at the bench. I'll summarise what's been done here.

I've painted and lettered a couple of NER vans, an F4 Insulated and F6 Fish. They need a coat of matt varnish.

attachicon.gifIMGP0585-001.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP0587-001.JPG

A Cambrian Rlys Open built from a Cambrian Models kit and lettered using transfers from the Welsh Railways Research Circle for the sides and my own numbers on the ends.

attachicon.gifIMGP0586-001.JPG

An LSWR van also from a Cambrian kit.

attachicon.gifIMGP0588-001.JPG

And a H&B D18 van, built many years ago from a D&S kit and recently repainted (still a bit of touching up to do) from late LNER livery, not really sure why it never got a door handle...

attachicon.gifIMGP0589-001.JPG

Next years EMGS AGM competition entries?

Very nice modelling Paul.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

A trio of NER B1s, all slightly different, two will have No. 2A grease axleboxes and Morton Duplex brakes but one will have diagonal brake shoes and one will have them on both sides, the third will be a later build and will have No. 2 oil boxes and Morton Cam brakes. 

20190226_215707.jpg.fa7275253ac446ca43517f79f08a931d.jpg

• Like 19

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The P17s are finally done, it's taken a while but I'm pleased with them. The B1s are painted and just need transfers.

IMGP0628-001.JPG.afe7732d664bc42ae324899ebf130fe8.JPG

And look what I picked up today and yes it really was £3.50.

20190316_212625.jpg.3f62fa40c5f744da73625dd3e257b367.jpg

1 minute ago, Compound2632 said:

Are these all 51L kits?

The B1s are Geen and the P5/17s are 51L.

• Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Geen and gone. Oh dear. I'm glad you replied before I was rude about your sheets...

I'm completely green about that Ratio kit - I never had the D2 2-plank wagon when they were available back in the 1980s.

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

I'm completely green about that Ratio kit - I never had the D2 2-plank wagon when they were available back in the 1980s.

They would have been 70s, the list on the back of the box says a cattle wagon was due in 1980.

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Worsdell forever said:

They would have been 70s, the list on the back of the box says a cattle wagon was due in 1980.

There was some discussion starting here. The conclusion was that they came out in 1982 but you've provided evidence to the contrary - however you've been over-charged

Bill provided the last word on the fate of these kits.

• RMweb Premium

Is it that long ago? I am sure I have some of these (sans wheels) somewhere. Sold most of the ones I built on Ebay.

They scrub up well.

As for the North Eastern kits They look good Paul. I have one to build but can't remember which one it is. Hopefully it will look ok..but not as good as the ones you have built.

Keep up the good wagon bashing!

Baz

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, JaymzHatstand said:

Those P17s are very smart indeed! I look forward to seeing them at Easter!

I don't suppose there will be transfer sheets available for them at the show will there?!

Cheers

There might be.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Next on the bench is a couple of single bolsters to diagram D1 and D2, one early with Morten Duplex brakes (diagonal brake blocks) and grease axleboxes and one later with cam brakes and oil 'boxes. Axleboxes to fit next then the bolsters.

20190323_123011.jpg.3a9e6b5bc0b09c8a3d391c843fdb6299.jpg

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

Page 81?

9 minutes ago, Worsdell forever said:

Sort of, a later version of it. see also page 292 and 293 in another.

Hummm. Does not compute with K. Hoole, An Illustrated History of NER Locomotives (OPC, 1998), but I'm putting my money on p. 19 in that volume. I suspect this might be confirmed by a little green volume I have but unfortunately that's on a shelf in the bedroom and Mrs Compound has gone to bed and turned the light off...